PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jacksons special stomps Garth's. The end of the world must be near....

Darrell
11-21-2001, 01:29 PM
From countrynation.com :(
Ow!
-- Proving once again that your average TV viewer is at best a simpleton, Michael Jackson's 30th anniversary special, drew a startling 25.7 million viewers last week, taking Garth Brooks to the ratings woodshed.

In his first of three prime-time concerts on CBS, Garth drew 8.4 million people last Wednesday, placing 64th for the week.

Most of country media will try to put a positive spin on this, if they even mention it, but there's no escaping the truth, special number one tanked.

Hopefully, tonight's concert will do much better.

Darrell
11-21-2001, 01:33 PM
He may have won the battle of the specials, but there's a little album called "Scarecrow" looking down at him from the top of the billboard charts :)

okioreo
11-21-2001, 02:03 PM
Well I guess there is no accounting for taste for some , is there??
And I do believe that Garth has shattered and beaten and kicked around all of "the King of Pop's" record sales "records" hasn't he??
I have to words for Micheal Jakcson Fans...THE WHIZ!!!
I say ratings, schmatings..GARTH RULES!!! I'd follow this SCARECROW down any yellow brick road.

Chris Gaines
11-21-2001, 04:29 PM
a few words to remember..

"Thriller" - 26 Million Sold
"No Fences" - 16 Million Sold

oops!

;)
Jason

loreli
11-21-2001, 04:33 PM
Garth's first special wasn't very well advertised. :(

It wasn't even IN my local TV guide..whats with that???

But hey Michael used to be really good...it's so sad :(

Lori

Garth2Gaines
11-21-2001, 07:44 PM
Everyone watched Mike because he's now a freak show that begged the teens to watch NSYNC and Houston....Garth's 100,000,000 speaks for itself when it comes to true fans over a decade. Mike hasn't posted another diamond lp for a long long long time.

dwayne

okioreo
11-21-2001, 11:46 PM
Aren't we really comparing apples and oranges??
Garth rocks period...Micheal rocks his monkey to sleep..LOL

ferretcrazy
11-21-2001, 11:52 PM
:) LOL:) okioreo !!!

Joan :)

fuzzwuzz
11-23-2001, 01:21 AM
I like that title Darrell. I think this world is ready for a change. And say, wasn't it the Scarecrow following Dorothy on that yellow brick road? I wondor how he climbed so high then that he'd be looking down on us like this?