PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo or Mexico

Hawk7lte
11-21-2001, 01:39 AM
That song first made me grin;

And of course - answer; "la senora; la esposa;

Then think, remember, associate, and ponder -

Is it right to threaten anyones life? EVER? Is jealousy - based on assumption or reality ever a reason to threaten a life?

Or is it a kind of possessiveness that leads to such extreme words and acts? Is that ever justified?

And why threaten the "lover"? - afterall the betrayal is actually of a promise a stranger never made. 'TIS?

Isn't it usually the spouse that is threatened?

Or is that some sort of man to man situation only?

Never having wanted to take a life, never having threatened, never having been betrayed that way - it's hard to understand or take seriously though having been aware certainly of such extreme reactions.

Acts of passion - or only acts of violence?
'Ya know I am fairly sure that I just don't quite grasp violence.

Hawk

Hawk7lte
11-21-2001, 12:39 PM
Of course part of the fun of that song is;

it could be a brother or a husband holding that knife,
and the cowboy could be tring to say that he married the woman.

Just better to check out assumptions before acting - sure is!

Hawk

ferretcrazy
11-22-2001, 01:23 AM
I just LOVE this song!
Cant get RodeooooorMexicoooo out of my head! :)

Joan

smitten
11-22-2001, 08:58 PM
LOL Hawk,

I was pondering this very same thing yesterday!!

If it was a "wife" ...then why is the knife sticking in "his" neck?
Is love or jelously that "blind" ? I would say so really.
Hard to imagine ever being in this kind of scenario - but I sure as heck think it is repeated over and over, the world over, every day.

I also pondered about shattered, broken lives, due to infidelity. I have seen the fallout in my own circle of friends, and pray I never find myself in this situation. People looking outside for the happiness that is elusive because it resides on the inside, and not from some other source.

Glad to think I'm not alone in my "thoughts".

:) Annette

Hawk7lte
11-23-2001, 11:39 AM
Jean; Annette;

Part of the appeal of CW music - and Garth's songs especially -

really get the ole' neurons firing!

In someway or other - so often address questions we all have to ponder during our lifetime.

Sexual relations and love relationships often (as we all love to ponder sex and love)

The mention of violence along with those topics - bound to catch attention - and I always wonder how come those subjects tend to be found together at times.

Don't think it was ever meant to be that way - suppose to be sex, love - exclusive of violence by definition.

Hawk