PDA

View Full Version : St. Padre Island....Are you Going????

Monica Lockhart
11-16-2001, 09:59 PM
Just thought I would start a thread so we can keep track of everyone who is planning to make the trip to Texas!

This is so exciting and nerve wrecking all in one... not knowing if you will get a wristband or not.

Anyone out there have plans to go?? Tell me!!! ;)

Moni

sandytoo
11-16-2001, 10:13 PM
Moni !! Would love to go if I knew that I would definitely be able to get in to the concert. This whole wristband thing is terrible - wish that they would come up with something different so that the "hard core" fans can make some advance plans !!

Announcing the details within two weeks of the event with Thanksgiving holidays in the midst of it all just isn't good. It's making it harder for the hard cores to make it happen. There has to be a better way to deal with the scalper issue, I just don't know what it is !!

Garth Healing
11-16-2001, 10:16 PM
I am going & will be staying at the Travel Lodge. I will arrive late Monday night.:)

When will you arrive & where are you staying?Cathy

Yukongirls
11-17-2001, 12:38 AM
We are going!!! yay :)

Getting there Tuesday morning. Can't wait we have never seen Garth before or Jimmy. WooooHoooo! Can't wait to see the other guys again. :) This is great!

Leanne & Michelle

ADcrzy4GB
11-17-2001, 03:43 AM
as of right now im planning on going, but again its the whole wristband thing....like i said in another thread, i would have much rather paid $ for a ticket than have to go through all of this stress of not knowing whether i will get a wristband!

hopefully there will be some way of guarenteeing us outta towners a wristband around next week.

PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!

I wanna go so bad:-)

-AMANDA BROOKE-

Paula
11-17-2001, 02:01 PM
Mo and I have reserved a room, but we haven't gone any further because of the wristband thing. Now that the airfare has jumped up dramatically, we may be cancelling our room.:(

Paula

CJSHORTEN
11-17-2001, 04:36 PM
cAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE WRISTBAND THING? I'M LOST. THERE AREN'T GOING TO BE TICKET SALES.

garthfan2
11-18-2001, 12:00 PM
I would love to go texas, but i'm a college student and can't afford to blow money on a plane ticket if i'm not even sure if i'll get into the concert.

BlueRose
11-19-2001, 08:48 PM
I'm still wishing it had been in NY...especially seeing that it may be his last live concert!!! *sniffle* And, I don't have luck with the wristband thing, like the lottery, which is why I paid $350 for a ticket to see him Philly. (sorry Garth but I did what I had to) So I guess I'm not going to SPI. :( If someone had bet me I wouldn't be at the the last live Garth concert, I'd have said they were crazy. I guess they would have won. :( :( :(

Cheryl

Chris Gaines
11-19-2001, 09:23 PM
hmm who said it was the last? ...

Jason

Going Postal
11-19-2001, 09:27 PM
hi its me again i think the concert garth is doing in s. padre is really cool i wish i could go but i doubt if i can because i have to go to another place to do other stuff so i guess i can't make it bye now cya'll later cool

Garth Da Man
11-20-2001, 11:54 PM
I am planning on going. Staying at the Best Western.

LeAnne

garthfan90
11-21-2001, 03:05 PM
I am going...don't have wristbands yet, but I am so there....airfare and hotel reservations are booked...I just have to figure out how to get wristbands....If anyone feels very generous....I need ONLY 2!!!!!

Garth Da Man
11-21-2001, 07:05 PM
I also only need 2. If anyone lives there and for whatever reason can't go, I will PAY you to pick me up 2 wristbands for your trouble and gas. Email me at GarthsGirl@msn.com.

BlueRose
11-21-2001, 07:42 PM
Jason, I'm hoping it's not...I said seeing that it "may" be his last live concert....and as of now, last live concert.

At any rate, those of you who are going have a very safe journey!!!

Cheryl

BigGfan4life
11-21-2001, 11:59 PM
Now, now, Jason! If you know something we don't know, you had better be spilling the beans ;) ;)

ferretcrazy
11-22-2001, 12:19 AM
Yea..Jason!
Hey maybe he'll send wristbands to all Planet Garth members....only wishing.. :)

Joan

Anonymous77
11-22-2001, 01:13 AM
I'm going, I'm going... At least, I have a flight booked... I have a rental car reserved, and a hotel room...

Now all I need is a final okay from my boss to get Wed. thru Fri. off (I already have Wed. and Thurs. off), and a WRISTBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, I'm going on blind faith that I'll be able to get in. I'm staying at the Travelodge right on the island. I'll be getting in Wed. at about 2 pm... so it'll be close, but it's all good... I'll be there, right???????

WOO HOO!!!!!!! My second Garth concert ever... My first one was last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

TBG
11-22-2001, 01:03 PM
I'm going. Flying out Monday. The only flight I could get for the time I needed was making one stop in Nashville. Do you think that might be a good sign? Costing me more than I planned, especially since I'm going on my own now, but I have to be there. I haven't heard Garth sing live in concert and this "MAY" be my last chance.
I know that if I had a wristband I'd have less gray hair.

MO:)

KAgarthFan
11-22-2001, 01:26 PM
I am going as well, leaving from Memphis and will be there on Tuesday night. We are staying at the Best Western. I also need 2 wristbands, and will make it worth someones while if that can find 2 extra. Email me at uscamper@yahoo.com if you can help.

See you there
KA Garth Fan

Stephc0121
11-22-2001, 06:18 PM
Unfortunatly I will not be going.

Wish I could, bet it will be a blast.

Saw the first concert, it was Garth in all his glory!

Lovvvvved the duet with Trisha! It was different for them but awsum!

Missed the second show last night. Maybe someone will repeat it someday.

Stephanie

Garth Da Man
11-22-2001, 06:37 PM
KA Garth Fan,

I am also flying out of Memphis and staying at the Best Western...if I can get wristbands.

LeAnne

sara
11-22-2001, 07:36 PM
Where's James Garver? I love Garth as much as all of you, but I love James more. Where is he? I live near Nashville and have friends who say that he is working on a cd of his own songs that is Awesome! Has anyone else heard this? I would love it to be true. He is so cute and a real cowboy. Please let me know if any of you hear anything about this. Happy Garth Day!

Anonymous77
11-22-2001, 10:34 PM
Has anyone heard anything new about the wristbands??? I have everything booked... now all I need is wristbands for me and my friends.

*ugh*

I hate not knowing...

Blue4GB
11-23-2001, 07:15 PM
Hi yall! I too am going on blind faith no wristbands as of yet...Ive been entering all kinds of contests...and my cousin& her mom wrote to the newspapers "what 5 cajunladies will do for garth Brooks Wristbands...we will bring dat gumbo & mardi gras beads"...it was cute:)...its going to be an adventure...I've got 3days off of work already and we will drive all day tuesday. crazy cajunladies from New orleans..lol Monica are you going? You didnt say you were or not going to make it. Hope to meet up yall there:) And hope to see some familar faces from the Garthnutts convention:)wish us luck !
Gbhuggs,Kim

Blue4GB
11-23-2001, 07:30 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone good luck! so far I havent seen anyone post they did get a wristband:( we just got to Keep Believen! anyone get news please post it...all Ive been getting is neg..news I heard they were to give some out to residents and out of towners today for only one hr at a to announced place there ... I was told when I called the team4 news. so us hardcore fans that live out of town are going to have it rough obtaining them:(
k ttyl...Kim

gbfans66
11-23-2001, 07:31 PM
I'm going thanks to CMT!! I received the call this morning that I won the contest. I fly out on Tuesday morning and will land around 7 that night. I am so excited and can't believe I won!! God blessed me this time. I've been a fan since 89 and wanted to go so bad to this one!!!! Anyway, hope to see the fellow PGers there!!!

Jill

Monica Lockhart
11-23-2001, 08:27 PM
Jill.. that is awesome news!! I bet you are happier than a pig in slop huh??

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Moni

splitzer
11-24-2001, 04:45 AM
Jill, that is so cool!!! ConGarthulations!!!

I am going! I am not even going to tell you guys how much this is costing me, but I'm going! I am SO SO SO SO excited!!!!!!

I get in Tuesday night at 1030... anyone got a place I could crash for one night? My hotel room isn't booked until Wednesday. Oh well, I can just hang out at the airport if I have to, I'll be on Cloud 7 anyway!

Garth Always,
Dani

AgentScully
11-24-2001, 12:19 PM
Great news all! I managed to get myself wristbands and I'm going to the concert!!!! te-hee I'm so excited right now!!! I'll be missing class for this concert, but it'll be worth it!

as

Brits
11-24-2001, 01:08 PM
My mother and I are planning on driving down from Indiana... but this no wristband thing is killing us! I still want to know how they think this'll bring in money from all over when they don't make wristbands available to out of staters. :confused:

Oh well. We'll be setting off Monday, and I sure hope that I hear something about them giving out more wristbands down there (like on Tuesday, Wednesday??) before then.

Does anyone know how early they'll let people line up to get in?
Hazel

Blue4GB
11-25-2001, 02:19 AM
wow thats great some of yall got wristbands and congrats to you again Jill I posted to you on the garthbox... how did yall get them! Help!!!! I need 4 we have a room booked and everything email me please!!

sara
11-25-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous77
I'm going, I'm going... At least, I have a flight booked... I have a rental car reserved, and a hotel room...

Now all I need is a final okay from my boss to get Wed. thru Fri. off (I already have Wed. and Thurs. off), and a WRISTBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, I'm going on blind faith that I'll be able to get in. I'm staying at the Travelodge right on the island. I'll be getting in Wed. at about 2 pm... so it'll be close, but it's all good... I'll be there, right???????

WOO HOO!!!!!!! My second Garth concert ever... My first one was last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my e mail was a message that you had replied to my question about James Garver, but I was deleting some "junk" and accidentally deleted what it said about your reply. Do you know anything about James or where to get information on him? Please reply again.

thanks,
Sara
:D

Greenie576
11-25-2001, 09:51 PM
I was seriously looking into going down to Texas for what could be Garth's last concert--since I've never been to one. The only reason I can't go is because I have a test the next day and I don't think I could make it back in time. Tests in college kinda count for a lot, so skipping it wouldn't be too good for the grade. I'll just keep hoping that he'll tour again someday and when that happens, I'll make sure nothing stands in my way!! Anyone who is going, HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY AWESOME TIME and good luck getting the wristbands...Laura :)

AgentScully
11-26-2001, 09:00 AM
Reports are that on wednesday, they'll start letting people line up at around 4-5 PM!!!!! Shea...like people will listen. Supposedly SPI will have tight security and NO lawn chairs will be allowed or cameras with zoom lens.

Sound check starts at 8 and GB will be arriving at SPI on Tuesday. Where he'll stay, only one knows...do I know? Hmm...I wonder?

Weather conditions: It's gonna be a cold day. The local station's GarthCast is looking like this--windy 15-20 mph winds, raining throughout the day, but it should clear up before the concert. ugh! Then at night, it should be a cooooooooooooool or coooollllddd 60-64 degrees. But we'll be close to the ocean so I don't know if that'll make it feel colder or warmer? Anyone? All I know is it's gonna be windy and ladies, look for a bad hair day. So avoid any camera in sight!!!

I'll be taking my camera and I hope I'm close enough to the stage to take awesome pics.

See ya!

JoAnn L.
11-26-2001, 10:52 AM
>>I get in Tuesday night at 1030... anyone got a place I could crash for one night? My hotel room isn't booked until Wednesday. Oh well, I can just hang out at the airport if I have to, I'll be on Cloud 7 anyway!

Garth Always,
Dani
<<

Dani,
Email me. I may be able to help you out.
jdlach0615@a0l.com