PDA

View Full Version : Garth's hat in the "Storm" picture

Hawk7lte
11-15-2001, 10:26 PM
So - besides lightning what can you see on Garth's hat? What's the white funnel shape? And especially, what's the shape on the rim?

It's a really interesting picture.

What's he got on his hat. Or under it? Somethings on the man's mind a lot?

So cool.

Hawk

Cheryl
11-15-2001, 11:05 PM
I dunno Hawk. I've been trying to figure out what that is since I first saw the pic. To me, it looks almost like a very big pair of blue plastic sunglasses sitting above the rim, with the lightning reflecting off the lenses. The white mark? no clue

GBJR77
11-16-2001, 01:14 AM
the white mark is the light hitting the water on the hat. the top one is the crease in his "mules kick", which is a slight dent in the front of the hat people sometimes have 'shaped' into it when they buy one.... the lower white mark is just the light hitting the water, a little glistening effect. and yes, there is a pair of blue oakleys on his hat, which you can see the lightning reflecting in..

Kelly Ray

Chris Gaines
11-16-2001, 01:55 AM
Oakley Sunglasses :)

Jason

Hawk7lte
11-16-2001, 12:00 PM
Look below the sunglasses - might need a magnifying glass. On the left side of the rim, under the hat band, - which would be Garth's right side. There is more - looks like a form. From where?

Interesting too - how the light reflects over the sunglasses - which is kinda eerie physics.

did the photographer mean to do that or was it just a lucky shoot, or combining shots of several images?

Creative~

Hawk

Hawk7lte
11-17-2001, 12:20 PM
Must be the photographer in me. I keep thinking about being in my darkroom - and how light actually reflects.

Or maybe too it's the psychologist in me - and it's a Rorschach Ink Blot kind of thing.

But lighning wouldn't reflect like that in or off of sunglasses - and there is no place for the other lights to come from.

Kinda reminds me of a picture I once sent to Garth. Wish I had a scanner. And reminds me of a comment to a friend; a wish that I could be shrunk and build a nest in his shirt pocket, and ride around in it or on the rim of his hat. Family (and me) needed a little company and some peace in a safe place for awhile at the time.

Oh well, guess its only of passing interest to others.

Hawk