PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Garth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica Lockhart
11-14-2001, 11:38 PM
As I sit here and type this I am enjoying the LIVE version of Friends In Low Places!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOFREAKINHOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can't figure out if Marla or PJ is the one that called me but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes and 4 seconds!!!!! The famous 3rd verse was awesome!!!

God you guys are having a blast there!

Garth... you ROCK!!!!

Thanks to my Garth Angels, Marla and PJ!!!!

You made my night! I love you gals!!!

How can I go to bed now???????????I am tooooooo psyched!!!!!

Moni

countyfair_85
11-14-2001, 11:50 PM
You lucky duck you!!!!

I wouldn't be able to sleep after that either! :D

Garth did a great job tonight live on TV too though!
It felt like he took us right there with him...or
he was in our house for awhile! LOL :)

Glad you got to hear 'Friends in low places' including the
third verse!

-Diane

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
11-14-2001, 11:55 PM
Wow that is Awesome Moni:D If it were me I would have been going nuts too:D So glad you got to hear it:)

CC

BigGfan4life
11-14-2001, 11:57 PM
You're sooo lucky!! I just keep thinking about all that we're missing out on since they cut it off the TV :( I wish Garth could have talked CBS into three THREE-HOUR specials!!!!!!

ProducerJ
11-15-2001, 12:00 AM
Forget watching on tv - it's even cooler when your phone rings!

Thank you to the Garth Angels who called me tonight! I got to hear the band's introductions and the opening notes of The Dance.

Then a little later I was treated to "Much Too Young" in it's entirety. The great thing about hearing it via a phone instead of the tv mix is that you are right there in the crowd! And I'm telling you they are singing every word!

And the PGers did us proud -- GOD BLESS CHRIS LE DOUX !

Thank you my Garth Angels!!!!

J. <--- who happens to know Moni is being treated to an encore as we type.... German Cake? French Tart? What is that song????

Monica Lockhart
11-15-2001, 12:01 AM
The first call was PJ!!!

Now Marla has me on the line and he's singing American Pie!!!!

How much more can I take?????

THUD!!

Moni!!!

nelty
11-15-2001, 12:03 AM
Lucky you... Moni... :)

Nelly

BigGfan4life
11-15-2001, 12:04 AM
OMG, Moni, that's soo freaking awesome :) I'm so jealous of you, but excited for you at the same time! It's so great that Garth is treating them all to such a long show. You could tell tonight how much he loves performing, and I can't believe that he is just going to walk away from it after these specials. I know it's the right thing for him to do, personally, but I, for one, will never forget all of the beautiful smiles that crossed his face tonight :) He just looked like he BELONGED up there :)

Teresa Morris
11-15-2001, 12:08 AM
Tonight, as Garth got amazed by "Amazing Grace", I was blessed to hear it live as I watched it live. Later, the phone rang to the opening notes of "The Dance" just as promised. Yeah, me...the dark still quiet....and Garth? Oh, the rest of yall were there....didn't notice. ;) Then, lo and behold....an unexpected ringy dingy and I hear "American Pie" over the miles.

Memories are flooding back and yall, its like I always say, THE TIME IN BETWEEN JUST GOES AWAY.

Thanks to the angels who cared enough to take me there tonight and thanks to Garth for making the "time in between" seem like seconds instead of years.

God, I am SO grateful.

Teresa

ferretcrazy
11-15-2001, 12:12 AM
OoooHHHHHHhhh NnnnnOOOOoo...You mean he sang during the commercials!!!!! :( :( ?? I figured he'd just talk or something....Man I wonder if he will release the concerts in their entirety on video????
Wishing...hoping..... I met somebody from LA at the Opry last year, but I havent seen her post in a long time. I bet she could have called me....Kara are you still out there??:)

Joan

Wasnt Tricia and Garth wonderfull?? My jaw dropped when she rose out of the floor!!!:)

GBsMydance
11-15-2001, 12:17 AM
I also enjoyed the concert via a cell phone..Thank you Chris..
It was awesome..
I got to hear Beaches of Cheyenne and FILP

What wonderful memories.. and it sounds like he was having a heck of a time too.

This has to be hard for him..Thank you Garth for giving, and giving.. and thank you Garthnutts for caring and sharing.

"A second of Garth, is a Lifetime of smiles"

countyfair_85
11-15-2001, 12:34 AM
Moni...

You okay? You didn't hit your head now did ya'? :p :o :D

-Diane

Monica Lockhart
11-15-2001, 12:36 AM
I am still waiting for someone to help me up!! ROFLMAO!!

nelty
11-15-2001, 12:37 AM
I'll help ya, Moni. :)

Nelly