PDA

View Full Version : My Wal-Mart must have a hundred...

CountryBee
11-13-2001, 11:42 PM
copies of the Limited Edition Scarecrow CD. When I went there this afternoon, that was all they had. I could not find any with the the "regular" cover. The clerk told me that they hadn't had time to open all the boxes of CDs they received that morning. I didn't ask if they knew if there were any of the "regular" cover CDs included in those boxes. I paid $11.84 plus tax, a total of $12.73 for my CD. If anybody, would like the Limited Edition Scarecrow CD, give me your e-mail, then I can go back to the store on Friday and see if I can get one for you.

gblady
11-14-2001, 01:51 AM
My Wally's had 104 Limited Editions this morning when I got mine,(I counted them because I was amazed at how many there were.) There was not a single regular edition out. I will hunt for that later. I am happy to get copies for anyone who wants one, although the price at my store was 13.88 plus tax.

Lovin' the album, dancing in my chair....
Cheryl

"And if blood is thicker than water
then what are we fighting for
we're all sons and daughters
of something that means so much more" GB

"Why can't we see the walls we can't see through
And see what God's been telling me and you" GB

"Oh, but love, love is thicker than blood" GB

Monica Lockhart
11-14-2001, 02:36 AM
They had over a hundred of the LE... and not one single copy of the regular cover.

CountryBee
11-14-2001, 11:47 AM
If I remember correctly on his previous albums with Limited Editions, they only produced 1 million of each. Maybe this time Capitol Records and Garth decided to produce more.
Bee

gbkubfan
11-14-2001, 11:55 AM
Hey..
Bee...I was reading in the Billboard that had the Garth interview that they were only releasing a million. It was in a sidebar story about promoting the new CD. I think the preorder thing wasn't as big as they thought. I know I don't order on-line because I can get it cheaper at the store. Especially CDs. I mean I am averaging $11.88 for the Garth 1st editions so far. Why pay extra to have it mailed to you when Target and Tower have the 1st editions. So I don't think that there are any more than 1 million they stated in the article by the boss at Capital.

Garthoholic24
08-25-2015, 12:33 AM
So to bring up an old thread but does anyone happen to have an extra copy of either cover of Scarecrow they would part with?

allisonv7
08-25-2015, 08:09 PM
You can get a used one off of Amazon pretty cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005QB7M/ref=tmm_acd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1440544102&sr=8-1