PDA

View Full Version : Jakobs mini review of Scarecrow

jstensig
11-12-2001, 07:50 AM
I Got it, I got it!

I had to go home from work today because I was sick:( - but it has one advantage. Garth music all day long!

After visiting several music stores I found it. Ahhhhhh - I was so thrilled I didn't even look at the price. It was 10 Kr. more expensive than normally - but what the heck, it's GARTH.

The cover art is cool.:) I got the regular version... the Limited edition cover art version will arrive by mail from Amazon:) There's a very cool pic of Garth standing in cowboy gear with sunglasses on!:cool: All in all - a cover of the quality we're used to from Garth!

Now the important - the songs:

1: Why Ain't I running.
A very cool opener. Upbeat country! Some very nice music "in-between lyrics"

2: Beer Run.
I dont' think I have to comment further: a true classic!

3: Wrapped up in you.
Again.. you probably know this one as well. This one took me a while to get used to - but now I love it.:)

4: The Storm.
Power ballad. I think this is one of those songs that will grow on you. First time I heard it I wasn't sure what to think about it - but now I find it better.

5: Thicker than Blood.
Good song - but not a stand-out IMO. It has very nice lyrics!

6: Big Money.
One of the best tracks on the album! Real country - and the lyrics are very funny and surprsing. This should be a single! JUST the way I love Garth.
(Brian since I know you love Uneasy Rider I think you're gonna love this one as well)

7: Squeeze me in.
Corny lyrics. Very upbeat and a true country-rocker.

8: Mr. Midnight.
Slow love song. Good but not of the same quality as "That old wind", "TMYFML", "Every Now and then" and such.

9: Pushing up Daisies.
Nice song. It reminds a bit of "Fit for a King" - I think because of the haunting violin and fiddle.

10: Rodeo or Mexico.
Very good song. Standout on the album! The melody is very good.

11: Don't Cross the River.
Bluegrass at its best. A duet with Alison Krauss must be inevitable after this!

12: WYCBTMA
Great song! No further comment needed!

All in all it really is a GREAT album. I would have liked a few extra cuts since this may be the last we ever hear from Garth. I also miss a very slow song. Like "Wolves", "The River", "Bellau Wood"
or of course "The Cowboy Song".

We're sure losing a great artist if he doesn't record anymore ever again.

This was my thoughts on the album after hearing it twice. Do you agree with me on the songs?

Jakob

gbcrazy
11-12-2001, 12:14 PM
HEY LOVED YOU REVIEW, BUT WHEN I GOT MINE LAST WEEK WHAT GOT ME WAS THE PICTURES.

THE COVER AS EVERYONE KNOW IS AWESOME BUT THEN YOU TURN THE PAGE AND
THERES THE COVER TO THE REGULAR CD'S (NOT LIMITED EDITION) THEN ON TO THE NEXT PAGE AND HES WEARING THE SHIRT HE WORE AT THE CMAS, THEN NEXT PAGE- THERES GARTH IN A BLUE SHIRT , HIS HAT, AND HIS SUNGLASSES ON TOP OF IT WITH LIGHTINING IN IT AND RAIN POURING ON HIM. AWESOME PIC. THEN THEN NEXT PIC WILL MAKE YOU HEART SKIP A FEW BEATS IT GARTH IN HIS HAT AND SUNGLASSES LOOKING SEXY AS ALL GET OUT IN HIS BARN COAT LEANED UP AGAINST THE BARN.

THEN THERES THE PICTURE OF HIM AND TRISHA, GUYS YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE IT. IT IS AWESOME AND THEY LOOK UNBELIEVABLE
THE NEXT PICTURE IS HIM IN A SILOHETTE WITH THE LIGHT SHINING ON HIS YELLOW SHIRT VERY KEWL.

THEN YOU BARELY SEE GARTH AS A SCARECROW.

OH AND THE LAST PAGE KILLED ME WITH THE CREDITS;

MANDY, TWENTY YEARS FROM NOW YOU'LL NOT ONLY BE A CANCER SURVIVOR, YOU'LL BE DOING GREAT THINGS IN THE BATTLE AGAINST CANCER.

THIS ALBUM IS DEDICATED TO THE SPIRIT OF NYEW YORK AND D.C. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE FACE OF THIS NATION. IT HAS BEEN AMAZING TO WATCH YOU BECOME THE HEART AND SOULD OF THIS NATION. FOREVER FREE.

WITH MUCH LOVE AND THANKS

TO SANDY, EVEN BEYOND MARRIAGE YOU ARE A FRIEND TO ME AND A GREAT MOTHER TO OUR CHILDREN

TO TAYLOR AUGUST AND ALLIE EVERYTHING I DO I PRAY YOU LOOK BACK ON AND ARE PROUD

TO THE BROOKSES, SMITTLES, MAHLS, AND HOLDENS, YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME THAT LOVE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD.

AND MOSTLY TO GOD, THROUGH YOU ALL THINGS ARE POSSBIBLE.

P.S. PLEASE TELL OUR MOTHER WE MISS HER.

WOW-

TERRY

boppityboo
11-12-2001, 01:55 PM
Nice review Jakob. I probably won't get a copy til late tomorrow. :( gbcrazy... ACK! I almost read your whole post. I want to read the liner notes myself for the first time when I get the cd. lol. But thanks for the photo descriptions. Just adding fuel to the fire... :) I really should stop reading about everyone else's reaction to the cd..BUT I CAN'T STOP MYSELF! lol. I'm on pins and needles waiting. How am I going to wait til tomorrow? lol
Ellie :)