PDA

View Full Version : List of people going to LA Forum--Meeting Place

Garth Healing
11-12-2001, 02:41 AM
I will be flying into LA Tuesday night. Has a meeting place been established for people who want to meet other people from Planet Garth? I am new & would like to meet other Garth Nuts.:) Even if it is someplace at the Forum before the show. If you are going or know someone who is going Would let me know?

Cathy

happygirl
11-12-2001, 11:33 AM
i know i'm new too but i would like to meet people from here too :) even if its just so i dont have to be all by myself heheh i fly in tomorrow mornin

Garth Healing
11-12-2001, 02:22 PM
Happygirl,

I tried to email you but it would not let me. Please email me & I will give you the phone # where I will be staying.

I would be happy to meet you & hopefully we will be able to meet others.:)

Thanks,

Cathy

CountryBee
11-13-2001, 12:27 AM
I found out from MapQuest.com that there is a Taco Bell only a short distance from the Forum. It is at 4000 West Century Blvd., at the corner of West Century and South Prarie Ave. The Forum is located at the corner of West Manchester and South Prarie. We could meet there before the show.
Bee

Garth Healing
11-13-2001, 01:03 AM
Bee,

Thank you soo much for responding. The Taco Bell sounds great!:) I am getting a ride with someone so I am not sure about time. Probably around 5:00? Does the concert start at 6:30? Let me know & hopefully happygirl will be able to meet us there also.

Do you know Danielle(Dani)? I am supposed to buy my ticket from her Wednesday, but I haven't received an email from her as to where to meet to do the ticket/money exchange. I am getting a little anxious as I leave tomorrow to fly into LA. Please let me know if you know how to get in touch with her other than email. Thanks!

If you could email me I will give you the phone # where I will be in Long Beach.

Thank you & can't wait to meet you & happygirl.:)

Cathy

happygirl
11-13-2001, 01:13 AM
oh thats awesome! i gotta pick up my tickets at the box office so im not sure how early i have to be there? hehehe anyhow my hotel is on century blvd i think, so taco bell is great :-D

SoCalGarthFan
11-13-2001, 04:01 AM
The best meeting place is at the Sizzler restaurant at the corner of Prairie & Manchester, kittycorner to the Forum. From there, it is a 5-10 minute walk to the Forum doors. I think it makes a good meeting spot because it's closer than that Taco Bell. Century Blvd. is not walking distance to the Forum. Plus there is room outside for a group of people to gather. Just a suggestion, since I'm very familiar with the Forum. Perhaps 6:00 would make a good meeting time...and we could all depart at 6:15.

Garth Healing
11-13-2001, 08:48 AM
Thank you! The Sizzler is fine with me at 6:00. Is that okay with everyone else?

Cathy

happygirl
11-13-2001, 09:03 AM
thats fine with me :) heheh im leavin for the aiport now im sooo excited!!!!! hehe if you guys make any changes to the times or where we meet thats fine because i have to be at the forums early anyways to pick up my tickets (which i have no idea where to get lol ive never had to pick up tickets at a venue before) hehehe anyhow bye everyone! hope to see ya soon :)

PJ
11-13-2001, 09:37 AM
To all those who may need to pick up their tickets at will call, you will probably want to allow for plenty of time as I expect the line to be long.

CountryBee
11-13-2001, 02:56 PM
I read someplace that the Forum doors will be open at 5pm, that everyone should be in their seats at 6pm, and the show starts promptly at 6:30pm. Could we meet at the Sizzler between 4 and 4:30pm?. I will probably be eating dinner there. Right now I'm still waiting for my tickets to be delivered by FedEx and I will be really p.o.'d if they don't get here today.
Bee

PJ
11-13-2001, 03:11 PM
I talked to TM Saturday when my tickets didn't arrive to arrange for will call in case they don't arrive today. I would expect a lot of folks are in my shoes who bought tix from TM so I suggest calling them early as the phone lines may be jammed today.

Garth Healing
11-13-2001, 03:50 PM
Bee,

I will try to be there between 4:30 & 5:00. See you there!:D
I am leaving for the airport!!!!:D

Cathy