PDA

View Full Version : quotes/article from Garth about going back onto the "highway"

Vanessa
11-11-2001, 03:27 PM
Here's something I foing, which I thought ya'll might be interested in.. :)

Garth Brooks Merges Back Onto The 'Highway'

With the release of his Scarecrow album on Tuesday (November 13), the "retired" Garth Brooks is back in a big way. What with his doing tons of TV interviews, an appearance on the CMA awards, a sold-out Los Angeles concert, and having the plans announced on his three upcoming CBS specials, it almost feels like the good ol' days of Garth-mania in the mid-1990s.

Brooks told us what it feels like for him to be back: "When you go out on the highway, you always notice that you merge out on the highway. Well, it's really like somebody stuck a stop sign on the on-ramp and you're really for the first time, 'look at how fast this place travels,' and you feel really old and fat and slow, you know. And you're just trying to get back into it for the remainder of what you came to do."

What the superstar came to do is release what he has hinted to as his final album, and everyone seems to be embracing him with open arms. "The reception so far that we've got, what people have said has shocked me, 'cause as the artist, I guess you only read the bad things--and it's really nice, the respect that we're getting paid."

Brooks's first single release from Scarecrow, "Wrapped Around," sits at Number 12 this week on Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.

Vanessa :)

cg2gb
11-11-2001, 08:00 PM
Vanessa,
I'm not familiar w/ that radio station. What is the dial number and do they have a web site? Are they located in Baltimore????

Thanks for the info!

trish