PDA

View Full Version : Will Garth be "let go" from Capitol??..

Vanessa
11-11-2001, 12:19 PM
Since this is Garth's last cd, will he be "let go" after November 13th?? Thanks :)

Vanessa :)

Garthfan92
11-11-2001, 01:44 PM
That's a good questions, Vanessa. I wonder how they handle that. There could always be an agreement that should he record in the future it will be with Capitol, but maybe one of our music business experts could help with this.

Lisa

angelamccann
11-11-2001, 04:31 PM
I don't think Garth will drop off the Capitol roster just yet - he commented in the Billboard interview that there may well be some unreleased material seeing the light of day in the future, and that would be through Capitol. I can't see them being in a hurry to let him go either - when it happens, the decision is far more likely to be his than theirs - he's worth too much to them.

Angela x

ProducerJ
11-12-2001, 01:11 AM
Garth is the one who has decided not to do any more albums (give or take a Tricia duet album and a few other possibilities.) So he wouldn't be "let go" he would be the one leaving.

Although I would imagine he has long since fufilled all of his contractual obligations with the label, I think Capitol is going to want to keep his name on their roster as long as possible. And Garth has said if he was going to make music he'd make it for Capitol Records because they've been so good to his family.

You've raised a good question, it will be interesting to see how it all winds up. Next time I see Mike I'll ask him how they're handling it.

J.