PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody bidding on tickets at eBay?

CountryBee
11-08-2001, 02:04 PM
In spite of all my ranting and raving about concert tickets being auctioned off on eBay, I did manage to find a few auctions where the bids haven't gone through the roof (I feel sorry for those who are paying up to $500 for "lousy" seats). But, $66 is still a lot to pay for an $18 ticket. There are some reasonably good seats going for $200 right now, but who knows how much they will end up at. There are single tickets available all the way up to sets of six tickets together. I'm watching quite a few auctions, but I haven't bid on any of them. And, no, I really can't afford to pay $200 for tickets, either. I would be paying them off for the next year.
Bee

PJ
11-08-2001, 02:47 PM
No, but was tempted since someone is auctioning off the seat next to mine so I could have two seats together instead of two single seats at opposite ends of the Forum, but I won't pay the asking price just for a little convenience. At this point, I'm just happy to be in the building.

I would also bet there will be tons of people selling tickets the night of the show at lower prices when they get stuck with all these overpriced tickets. It happened last night when I saw Jimmy Buffett.

vegas4x4
11-08-2001, 03:59 PM
$66 isn't really that bad of a price. I know my tickets ended up being $35 each after all the ticketmaster fees and shipping. Still around 50% profit but.. $18 + ticketmaster fees becomes alot more then $18

PJ
11-08-2001, 04:10 PM
Maybe so, but the bidding isn't over yet. It's no wonder that folks are jumping on the auctions with Buy It Now prices around $200 since other auctions are going WAY above that.