PDA

View Full Version : The VH1 thing...

Garth2gal
03-17-1999, 05:01 PM
I love Garth to death, but does anyone else think this VH1 special is a little strange?...I mean making a movie is one thing, but portraying Chris Gaines as a real person? I just don't get it....lolN

honky
03-17-1999, 05:11 PM
Not just you ;) We are all puzzled...LOL. Oh well, who cares, as long as Garth is singing and making musics. Maybe he will explain more about this album when it comes out in <b>summer</b>.<P>TommyN

NJ4GARTH
03-17-1999, 05:56 PM
TOMMY,<BR>I SECOND THAT MOTION. BUT IT DOES SEEM STRANGE TO INVENT A PERSON TO MAKE A MOVIE OF A REAL PERSON?<P>TOMN

hugeGBnutt
03-17-1999, 06:17 PM
i think its strang too...maybe Garth got hit in the head with a baseball...lolN

kristen166
03-17-1999, 06:26 PM
Will it be Garth on the VH1 thing dressed up in the costume he said we won't be able to recoginize him in. He said he was going to be in the music video dressed up like him and the only person he said that recognized him was his wife, not even his friends did.<BR>If it's Garth and his music I don't care. :)N

LonsomeDove
03-18-1999, 07:15 AM
Hi,guys. Would someone please explain<BR>what's going on with Garth and VH1, this is<BR>the first I have herd of it.<P><BR> Lonsome.N

Garthologist
03-18-1999, 12:01 PM
Yes, please explain it to me too. Thanks! :)N

Garth2gal
03-18-1999, 03:21 PM
Well, somewhere (I think it may have been an article posted on the Garthbox) i heard that Garth is going to be doing a VH1 special, similar to a "Behind the Music" kind of thing, basically portraying Chris Gaines as a real person...N

JulieLvsGB
03-18-1999, 05:08 PM
In a way I think its kinda cool that Garth is so into the character, Chris Gaines. Maybe it will make some non-Garth fans curious as to what Garth is all about and this will cause them to take a better look at the Man. And, if Garth is so into the character, maybe he should be the one starring in the movie. :)<P>JulieN

LonsomeDove
03-19-1999, 06:48 AM
Wow, what an imaganation our Mr. Garth has. Doing things in away that no one else would or even could, that's COOL! <BR> Being open minded when it comes to Garth and what he does or the way he<BR>chooses to do them is not always easy. <BR>Truly I think all will turn out well when<BR>all is said and done. <P> So I am looking foward to what ever he<BR>has to offer, now and always.<P><BR>lonsome.N

mbarker
03-19-1999, 10:46 AM
This is a piece of an article in Live Daily a few weeks back....<P>In traditional non-traditional Brooks fashion, the album will be marketed to a pop<BR>audience with Brooks performing the music of the movie rock star. Brooks will appear<BR>in music videos in character as Gaines and will take to the talk show circuit as Brooks<BR>talking about the life of Gaines. <P>Brooks is reportedly in discussions with VH1 about creating a documentary on the<BR>career of the movie character, along the lines of their popular ''Behind The Music''<BR>series, according to Billboard. The documentary would bring in an actor to portray the younger Gaines and perhaps another actor to portray the older Gaines. Brooks points out that even though he, in almost unrecognizable disguise, will perform as Gaines in music videos, the movie has still not been cast, and Brooks may not end up with the movie role of the rock star. <BR>N