PDA

View Full Version : A Diamond and Gold

wizard2C
11-05-2001, 11:16 PM
A Diamond and Gold

From Nashville to LA and places between.
Garth shares his music with you and with me.
It’s Shameless, The River, or Wrapped Up In You,
Whatever the song, it comes from Garth’s soul.

Thru good times and bad times, together we’ve been,
The words bringing meaning remembered thru life.

A treasure chest of music we will open once more.
It will be like finding a Diamond and Gold, ‘cept
Garth’s songs are more previous than any of those.

What we thought was an ending has circled around,
Like WYCBTMA, Garth has come back to us again.

Garth is back to the future, so we can take part,
Each song has a message thought from his heart.
Garth’s “Scarecrow” CD, to have and to hold,
A rainbow of music, it’s our “Pot of Gold”.

It’s a Wyoming Christmas and Garth’s “Call Me Claus”,
Hollywood Squares, and Tonight’s Jay Leno.
It’s the LA Forum, and Video “Wrapped Up In You”,
A “Beer Run” duet with idol George Jones.
Some TV specials, Commercials, a Tour???,
Oh, Please, Please, Garth...tell us there’s more!

Carol
Wizard2C

-----------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"...A World-Wide Children for Peace and Charities Event!

boppityboo
11-05-2001, 11:39 PM
VERY NICE Carol! :)Thanks for sharing that. BTW, I couldn't send you an email. Said your account was full, or something. Can you email me a different addy? Thanks.

Ellie :)

wizard2C
11-07-2001, 09:50 PM
Hi!

Sorry you all, for posting this poem. It is quite obvious I made a mistake. But believe me, it will not happen in the future.

What I don't quite understand is why the PG people seem to be a "Click". And how do some of you seem to know so-o-o much about Garth's personal life. Maybe you all got mini-cams in his house or something else. And why is everyone so interested in Scarecrow....maybe there are hidden messages in it you are waiting for? Who does know? Maybe Garth Management??

I do know you all don't like the word "Peace" cause I got e-mails from some of you out there!

Carol
Wizard2C

-------------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace......."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Vanessa
11-07-2001, 10:05 PM
Carol- I thought that this poem was wonderful!!! I don't know who sent you an email like that..but it wasn't me!!! Sorry to hear that Carol :( People can be mean sometimes.. :mad:

Vanessa

Garth1
11-07-2001, 10:40 PM
Carol

You don't have to be sorry for posting this poem.
It's great :D

Paul. :)

bjmg
11-07-2001, 10:53 PM
Carol,

I really like your poem. And I'd just like to encourage you to continue posting them. I'm sure that doesn't sound too appealing to you if you got negative responses with this one. But, do consider continuing to post them. Creativity is a good thing and even though some people may not agree with you in what you say, well, why should that stop you? Everyone may have their opinions, good or bad, but who says you have to do what everyone else says? Some people just may not accept or appreciate the talents and creativity of others. And that is truly a shame. Life'd be pretty boring without the special talents and skills of others.:) So, keep writing!!:) You may have some people that don't like your poems, but there are a lot of us who do so please keep up the good work.:)

Brad:):)

GBFOREVER
11-07-2001, 11:13 PM
I think its great keep up the good work take care

cg2gb
11-07-2001, 11:29 PM
I thought your poem was COOL! Thank you!

As far as your "emails" of dislike.....
Well, If you please all the people all the time, you're bound to piss someone off! :)

okioreo
11-08-2001, 11:51 PM
Carol,
You say what is in your heart and if they dont like it they can ignore it. The fact that they took the time to send a nasty-gram to you is awful and, I'm sure, not very Garth-like.

wizard2C
11-13-2001, 10:50 PM
Hi!
Thanks all for the encouragement. I just lost a very good friend. She had battled cancer for over a year but was always so optimistic that she was going to beat it.

Well I wrote a poem especially for her called "To Have Faith" which I gave to her husband at the service. Well her husband wanted me to read it so I gave it to the Priest to read. The next day her husband told me that the Priest was amazed by the poem and that was the first time anyone had specially written a poem under the circumstances.

Anyhow, her husband had the poem read at the Memorial Service and at the Funeral in Minnesota for Pat.

That is what I call an honor....more than any money or gold could buy.

You see, I'm not in things for the money or ego, as I feel Garth is. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right. Who does know. It's when you can tell someone from your heart and not have to worry about the money, the opinions, the consequences. And I'm not ashamed to sign my name to anything I write or tell someone.

Carol
Wizard2C

------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace...."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

iriscrazy
11-13-2001, 11:54 PM
Did you say, "You see, I'm not in things for the money or ego, as I feel Garth is????" Before I go any further with this comment, I just want to make sure that was what you meant to say. The poem and that comment don't seem to go together.