PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to Norfolk, VA concert???

Vanessa
11-05-2001, 08:32 PM
I MIGHT be going..if I can get tickets..if you can go..I'd love to meet you :)

Vanessa :)

PJ
11-05-2001, 08:48 PM
From what I read, I got the impression it is for military and their families only so I doubt tickets will be available. I think it's a very cool thing for Garth to do!

Chris Gaines
11-06-2001, 02:10 AM
to be more specific...

You have to have a loved one coming home on the USS Enterprise. (It's not open to any military member) since it's gonna be a concert on the boat itself, not just on the base.

Jason

cg2gb
11-06-2001, 09:19 AM
I was thinking about going to visit my family in VA. Beach for thanksgiving and going to see Garth! But the concert didn't seem to be open to the public....My dad is a retired Lt commander of US NAVY and my sister works at the Norfolk navy shipyard, her office overlooks the waterways for the ships cominig in and out of Norfolk...I'll get her to let me know when the enterprise arrives.... I'll ask her to take her camera to work, maybe she can snap some pics of Garth...If I do go, I'll at least be able to get on the base with my dad! It's really hard to take off of work, wish my boss would fire me!!!!! Is it possible to fire yourself? LOL.

trish

cg2gb
11-06-2001, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Vanessa
I MIGHT be going..if I can get tickets..if you can go..I'd love to meet you :)

Vanessa :)

Vanessa, you won't be able to get on the base, since the heightened security, noone is allowed on the base that isn't Navy personnel. My sister works there and it takes her an hour now to get on and off of the base....Norfolk is the largest Navy base in the WORLD...

Maybe Garth's third performance will be here in Maryland! One can only hope! :)