PDA

View Full Version : Finally Saw It!

PJ
11-03-2001, 05:47 PM
I just saw Garth's new Dr. Pepper commercial for the first time. It was on ABC during college football.

Y@nkee
11-03-2001, 06:09 PM
:( Awwwww!!.......I haven't seen it yet!!!

:) Glad you saw it though!!!

I guess I'm not watching the right channels?

Y@Nkee

Anonymous77
11-03-2001, 09:24 PM
*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh*

I haven't seen it... WHY NOT??????? I wanna see it!!!!!

Hehehehe... I will have to actually watch some TV, I suppose, huh?

*sigh*

Ok... but only for Garth. :p

fuzzwuzz
11-04-2001, 01:08 AM
Well ain't ya gonna tell us more!?

splitzer
11-04-2001, 05:41 AM
Dang, I thought someone said the first time it would air would be tomorrow...

What should I be watching in order to see the commercial? Anyone know?

Garth Always,
Dani

Jude
11-04-2001, 08:11 AM
We have a new Dr Pepper advert here in the UK but it doesn't have Garth in it!!!
It is a really naf advert. It starts and ends with two guys a father and his daughter's boyfriend meeting and then play fighting. Don't see the point of it .................

Jude

jstensig
11-04-2001, 08:31 AM
Does it have any unique Garth music in it?

Jakob

GarthFANatic0207
11-04-2001, 01:19 PM
It is Very Awesome!!! One interesting note is that Ty England is in it too as well as Jimmy and maybe others. I was too into it to see to many details. It rules!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Aaron

PJ
11-04-2001, 01:28 PM
I saw it during this game too. Since Dr. Pepper is an official sponsor of NFL, I hope we see it a lot today!

Monica Lockhart
11-04-2001, 01:55 PM
I saw it too!!!

Ok... question! My bestfriend said she saw someone wearing a Chris LeDoux ball cap in the commercial... anyone catch that? If so, do we know who it was??

Moni

ScareCrow7
11-04-2001, 03:03 PM
I just saw the commercial during the Packers, Buccaneers game did anybody notice that the tune he was singing the song to was "Wrapped up in you", any way it was awesome, i just wish i liked Dr. Pepper.

Scarecrow
11-04-2001, 08:52 PM
I see we have a new Scarecrow on PG. Welcome! ScareCrow7, to Planet Garth, even if you have a previous screen name

PJ
11-04-2001, 08:54 PM
Anyone seen the commercial tonight during the Emmys, World Series, or NFL game?

Paula
11-04-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous77
Hehehehe... I will have to actually watch some TV, I suppose, huh?That's my problem as well. I watch very little TV and especially not football. Maybe Dr Pepper will be one of the sponsors of the CMA's on Wednesday...that might be my only chance of seeing it.

Paula

PJ
11-04-2001, 09:45 PM
I saw it several times today during football, but it's hard to tape commercials since by the time you realize it's on, the commercial is half over. I'm hoping for the CMAs as well since I am taping it since I'll be seeing Jimmy Buffett that night.

GBShameless
11-05-2001, 06:34 AM
I haven't seen it yet :( I watched the Patriots and Falcons, but nothing, I was also flicking through channels during the game, nothing :(

Robin :) :)

PJ
11-05-2001, 08:56 AM
I think this is the first weekend when I didn't flip around between games during the commercials as I was waiting to see a commercial. Boy, what has Garth done to me? ;)

Garth_FANtasizer
11-05-2001, 11:15 AM
I think this is the first weekend when I didn't flip around between games during the commercials as I was waiting to see a commercial. Boy, what has Garth done to me?

LOL PJ! I know exactly what you mean! I always try to avoid commercials as much as possible. Now I'm watching for them. Between the TNT commercial for "Call Me Claus," The "Scarecrow" commercial (which I heard on Fox News, but didn't see it because I didn't run to the TV fast enough) and now the Dr Pepper one, I never catch any TV programs anymore! LOL

I did catch the Dr. Pepper commercial! :) Garth looked great (of course!) He looked like he was playing, not working! I tried to tape it, but I only got the last 14 seconds. :rolleyes: :) I can't remember much of it except Garth's beautiful face and voice. Oh yeah, Ty and Jimmy too! How cool it was to see them with the man again!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
11-05-2001, 01:03 PM
Playing what Ann?

Garth_FANtasizer
11-05-2001, 01:25 PM
Dale,

"playing" as in having fun! :)

It was as if there wasn't a camera in sight. Just Garth and the boys jamming and having a blast! :)

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
11-05-2001, 09:07 PM
Ann, what is it about knowing Garth is happy that just makes ya so happy with him? It's downright contagious whatever he's got!

BLL
11-07-2001, 08:15 PM
Not only was Jimmy playing fiddle, Ty had on the 'Chris LeDoux' hat AND Tommy Sims and Wayne Kirkpatrick are also in it!!!! So cool!!!

no1cowgirl
11-07-2001, 09:56 PM
:) I saw it today on CMT. They played it 3 or 4 times during MWL. :) Very cool. :)

Definately has a "Wrapped Up In You" sound to it.

Krista

PJ
11-08-2001, 07:38 PM
Does anyone else think the guiter player sitting behind Garth and Ty looks like Keith Urban?

BLL
11-08-2001, 08:45 PM
PJ-

That's Wayne Kirkpatrick- he wrote the lyrics for the commercial, as well as WUIY. Watch for Tommy Sims playing the 'broomstick bass'- he's right behind Garth! Best of both worlds, with Garth's and Chris' band mates! :)

PJ
11-08-2001, 08:50 PM
Thanks - they're such quick shots it's hard to tell.

PJ
11-09-2001, 08:59 AM
The PG Newsletter said there are now two Dr Pepper commercials airing. Anyone seen the second one yet?

BLL
11-09-2001, 03:02 PM
Haven't seen the 2nd DP commercial, but I just saw one for Scarecrow on CMT-shows a cornfield, and you hear someone running. Then Garth's voice over comes on and you get a glimpse of someone running, and then you see a 'scarecrow' in overalls and a red plaid shirt running away from the camera. I was laughing my butt off-the guy dressed like a scarecrow runs reeeaaally slow. Sound like someone we've seen playing baseball?? LOL- I would love to know if that's him dressed like the scarecrow.

PJ
11-09-2001, 03:06 PM
I've seen that one too and wondered if it was Garth running by.

Now that I've seen the WUIY video, it's easier to pick the other guys out as they get more screen time. :)