PDA

View Full Version : It's just GARTH

GBfromWA
11-03-2001, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone...I'm fairly new here, but after reading through some posts about "Wrapped Up In You," I have to agree with some that it is a pretty weak lead-off single for an album. And just because his name is Garth Brooks, he automatically gets a ton of airplay and his single shoots up the top, no matter how strong or weak the song is. And it's a shame because other artists could release that song and not do well with it at all and really struggle in getting airplay. Although I am a huge fan of Garth, I do see it as a bad choice for a lead-off, and a weaker song. I think it's a shame that radio and the country music fans think so highly of certain things he does just because his name is Garth.

**Please don't yell at me**

Scarecrow
11-03-2001, 02:48 AM
I am not going to yell at you. I am going to speak my mind, I like the song, it has a Beatles feel to it and It is an awesome song to start off the album. And everyone else, don't bash GBfromWA either, GBfromWA is only speaking their mind. If anyone is a true Garth fan, then we know from the man that We Shall Be Free if we learn to put aside our petty differences. GBfromWA, I respect your feelings for your opinion, In some ways you are right. I hope you still give the album a chance, because it probably is a great album.

SweetGBFan
11-03-2001, 08:20 AM
Well Garth isnt the only artist that can do this. Look at Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, and George Strait. Almost any song they do right now is guaranteed to be a #1 or at least hit top ten. Same for Faith Hill. I Love The Way You Love Me spent what 6 weeks at #1. Now that was a very silly song especially coming after Breathe which is an awesome song. You are right though. But not all Garths songs go to the top, and probably had this song been released by a lesser known artist it would not have done as well. I think country radio and fans were starved for new stuff, and when his album hits it will be fantastic. Only have heard very positive feedback on his new CD.

wmcinnis
11-03-2001, 11:58 AM
The phrase you used, "it's just Garth," isn't part of my vocabulary;)

I have to agree with SweetGBFan on this one:) Although I couldn't really picture this but do you not think that if Tim McGraw would have sang this song it wouldn't have went up the charts? Yet another song to show his loving devotion to his wife:rolleyes: We all know all too well how wrapped up in each other they are, and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but just merely trying to prove a point, with no offence to McGraw fans.
Personally I love this song and think it was a good choice for a single but I do respect your opinion also, as your entitled to it and when the C.D. comes out we can all hmmm and haww over why he would have picked that song over others but right now I'm very happy with that choice.

BTW, I didn't raise my voice, not once, when I typed this;)
-Susan-

GBfromWA
11-03-2001, 06:24 PM
Oh I will TOTALLY buy the album on the 13, no doubt about it. I guess my only problem is that I wish radio would embrace other artists who, if recorded the same song, could do just as well. This goes for all of the artists right now, Tim, Faith, Toby, etc...I wish that radio (and award shows, especially) would quit being so biased...Garth was just a good example to use to get my point across. He's still my top 5 favorite, and I'll of course be buying the CD like everyone else on the 13th.

Pilgrim
11-03-2001, 07:18 PM
I agree with GBfromWA:)

Brian

honky
11-03-2001, 08:45 PM
This goes the same with big-names in other music genre.

It's not a shame because that's what people want.

Tommy

majmom
11-04-2001, 07:17 AM
I LOVE WUIY!

What bothers me about country radio is when artists don't even get a chance - like Tyler England...

Kerry

redstrokes77
11-04-2001, 09:47 AM
I think the only way we can really "test" this theory is if/when Shania releases new music. She hasn't had new music out for a while so if they make a big deal about it it's because the fans have missed her.

Isn't THAT why we're all going crazy?

deb

fuzzwuzz
11-04-2001, 02:12 PM
It is in our weakness where we can find our strength. Don't under-estimate the power of what appears to be weak. It's just what the Doc ordered.

angelamccann
11-06-2001, 08:07 PM
I loved WUIY the first time I heard it on The Maple Room, and Garth managed to take it up a notch for me - it's too darn catchy!! Find myself humming or singing it pretty well everywhere because it just brings so many wonderful things to mind. I cannot WAIT for next week...

Angela (bouncing)