PDA

View Full Version : Australian release date for 'Scarecrow'

chrisoh66
11-02-2001, 10:41 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to let all the Australian Garth fans know that EMI will be releasing the new album 'Scarecrow' on November 19th - 1 Week after the USA.

If you want to find out more you can also go to http://www.emimusic.com.au/artist.asp?artistid=142

The 1st single 'Wrapped Up In You" is at radio now.

Talk soon
Chris

smitten
11-03-2001, 04:52 PM
Chris,

Sanity records have the actual release dates as the 12th - with copies being available instores on the 19th. My store say they will have it for me on the Monday - here's to having my figers crossed for delivery early !!!

Annette :)

AussieLisa
11-06-2001, 05:03 PM
Annette

I was in Sanity day before yesterday (Mon) and they told me the actual release date was the 19th..and I actually saw it in the release book myself.

Same with HMV..who I have ordered it thru and they will definitely have it for me on the 19th..

So I'm a bit confused!! lol

Lisa :)

chrisoh66
11-06-2001, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Annette Nov 19th Australian release date. We were going to release on Nov 12th but as parts for the album were slow coming out of the United Sattes due to the increased sercurity, we had to move the album back one week.

The album is a cracker by the way. He has delivered a project that I feel is with out a doubt one of his best ever.

Enjoy !
Chris

chrisoh66
11-06-2001, 05:24 PM
Lisa

The release date is November 19th. I think i addressed my previous note to Annette.

Sorry about that !

Chris

AussieLisa
11-06-2001, 05:33 PM
Chris

Thankyou for clearing that up for me. Although I have to say that I'm disappointed we have to wait an extra week. It's my birthday this Friday (the big 30!!) and I was looking forward to getting a great present on the 12th :(

Oh well, I know it will definitely be worth the wait

Lisa :)

smitten
11-06-2001, 06:22 PM
:( Oh poo !
The date has been changed since I placed my order, it was in the book as the 12th ! :(
I don't think I can wait that many sleeps.

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. You work for EMI????
If so please make sure that the 3rd concert is in Brisbane, or at the very least I will settle for Sydney ! :D

Counting on you to set this up :rolleyes:

chrisoh66
11-07-2001, 02:40 AM
Annette,

Yes i do for EMI and while I can do some things making sure the 3rd show is in our part of the world is out of my hands. I have however passed your request on to Managment !

We are going to try and set up a deal with a local broadcaster to carry these shows - fingers crosesd !!

Cheers
Chris

racmac
11-07-2001, 03:11 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the news on the upcoming tv specials. I hope EMI are able to convince a network here be it free to air or cable tv to cover these events for the Garth fans in Australia and I hope you guys can convince Garth to do some media for the album release here.

Rachael :)

For the aussie fans I have updated my Garth website and will post any news there regarding the new album.

http://home.mira.net/~rachael/garth.html

jstensig
11-07-2001, 10:51 AM
Chris.

Welcome to PG.:)

Have you alredy heard the album?

Jakob

chrisoh66
11-07-2001, 10:25 PM
Jakob,

Yes I have. I work for EMI Music here in Australia so we are lucky to get music quite early prior to release. Now some may say that i'm only saying the album's great because I work for the label but fact is I have always been a country music fan and I know good country music when I hear it.

The album is bloody fantastic and as I said in another post it is, in my opinion, one of the best projects he has ever delivered.

Every track belongs on the record but some are standouts - 'Why Ain't I Running', 'Beer Run', 'The Storm', 'Squeeze Me In', 'Rodeo or Mexico' 'Don't Cross The River' and of course 'When Your Love Comes Back To Me'

It may have been over 4 years between album but believe me - it's been worth the wait. You will love this album.

kiwigbfan
11-07-2001, 10:43 PM
I don't suppose you could do anything about badgering your Kiwi counterparts on this album and the TV special? :)

I can't even get an NZ release date for Scarecrow out of the stores - they say EMI doesn't know.

And as for seeing it on TV - I don't fancy my chances but will live in hope :)

Thanks
Carey

smitten
11-07-2001, 11:36 PM
Chris

Thanks for all the info.
Lucky you to have already heard it!!!! (Damn where is that green envious face when you need it LOL)

That would be great it they could put it on Music Country (that watered down, pathetic attempt of a show that tries to tell us it's a justifiable alternative to the CMT who's loss we mourn!!!)
But heck - anything will do if we actually to get to see something up to date concerning Garth.

Thanks Again,

jstensig
11-08-2001, 12:59 PM
Chris.

That's very cool.:) Now I just can't WAIT for that album anymore.:D

Jakob

chrisoh66
11-09-2001, 12:46 AM
Carey,

I'm not sure but I believe NZ will release the album early December.

Cheers
Chris

Pilgrim
11-09-2001, 02:01 AM
Welcome to PG Chris:D

Stay tuned and post LOTS:cool:

Great to have yoou around:)

Brian