PDA

View Full Version : Garth on front page of the National Enquirer???

missy1462
11-02-2001, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw Garth's Picture on the front page of what I thought was the National Enquirer. It had the headlines that losing his family had ruint his life. I wasn't about to give them my money for a magazine full of lies, but I wondered if anyone else read this article?
Missy

Cheryl
11-02-2001, 10:29 AM
Yep, I saw it, nope, didn't read it. I just watched the woman in front of me unload her cart one item at a time, as the cashier rang up each item. UGH! LOL....it was soooooo hard to resist the urge to explain to her what that big long black conveyor belt was supposed to be used for! And the cashier, she just stood there and waited for the woman to hand her each thing.

MT4GB
11-02-2001, 11:43 AM
I saw the same stupid headline too! And Cheryl as a cashier it drives me nuts when a customer does that-sometimes they do that to make sure the "right" price is being ring up! GRRRR!

Wendi5000
11-02-2001, 02:06 PM
I saw a tabloid last weekend with Garth on the cover, the headline was Divorce Has Ruined My Life and the subtitle said Is Garth Too Depressed to Sing?. I read the article while my mom was checking out her groceries and it was basically all true (keep reading before you attack me). See what they did was take quotes from interviews and articles previously published and stick them together in a dramatic way. Standard tabloid trick. Anyways I wouldn't take them things to seriosly, certainly not something to get upset about. No one believes them or anything. :)

angelamccann
11-02-2001, 06:00 PM
It's the 'National Examiner' - which I must confess I'd never even heard of before I saw a copy whilst waiting for a flight at DFW. I also confess I bought a copy because it was so atrociously written and inaccurate I wanted to take a copy home to show other folks what *really* bad journalism looks like.

Wendi's right - the article rehashes stuff from six months ago and more and swirls it up with a hint of fiction to make it look as though this is the state to which divorce has brought Garth. It's as true *now* as I'm typing this from the back of a camel crossing the desert in Abu Dhabi (and in case you have any doubts, I can promise you I'm doing nothing of the kind).

Angela x

meli
11-03-2001, 12:16 AM
Angela--ROTFL!!! I miss you. When are you coming back across the pond, girl???

Actually, I found this article in the Wal Mart while waiting for my pictures to develop the day after I met Garth last week (go see GARTH MOMENTS). Considering the experience I'd just had with Da Man the whole thing made me fall down laughing. Like Angela said, the article took something Garth said 6 months ago and turned it into this long article about how the CD was stalled and his divorce made him unable to write music--considering he co-wrote a good many of the new songs on the CD, and it's coming out in 2 weeks, I guess he got over his writers' block very quickly!

missy1462
11-03-2001, 11:17 AM
Cheryl

Were we in the same line together - at the same grocery store - cause that same woman was in front of me? :rolleyes:

Missy

littlebit
11-03-2001, 03:23 PM
when no one was looking, i turned it around so all you see was the back.

What a bunch of jerks! :mad:

angelamccann
11-03-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by meli
Angela--ROTFL!!! I miss you. When are you coming back across the pond, girl???

Um... I only just got home last week, Meli :)

Saw your story - conGARTHulations! I was thinking about you when we were over there this year after we'd bumped into each other at the 75th in Nashville last October - we must have come pretty close to one another this time round too. I was going to PM you but PG won't let me!

Angela x