PDA

View Full Version : Still Unclear about the CMA's (From the Tennessean)...

Trishy
11-01-2001, 09:52 AM
But will Garth, George sing together at CMAs?

From Tennessean music writer Peter Cooper:

Still unclear is whether or not a historic live duet performance of Beer Run, featuring the best-selling solo artist of all time, Garth Brooks, and the man many feel is the greatest male vocalist in country music history, George Jones, will take place on the Country Music Awards show Nov. 7.

Evelyn Shriver, George's manager, says George would love to do it and that George has called Garth about it but that Garth has yet to commit.

George has yet to make a statement on any part of this hullabaloo.

At the listening party Monday night, Garth said he'd finally received word that there was a CMA slot available, and he said he would do it if George would.

Country Music Association spokesperson Wendy Pearl says the CMA is working on the situation.

And nothing, we repeat nothing, has been confirmed

ImaGBbeliever
11-01-2001, 10:25 AM
Trishy, Thanks for the update....

My fingers are crossed!

Kristi

ProducerJ
11-01-2001, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Trishy
Evelyn Shriver, George's manager, says George would love to do it and that George has called Garth about it but that Garth has yet to commit.
Maybe Evelyn is just upset that she wasn't invited to the listening party.

I'm telling you, I was there, and Garth told a room of 60+ people, over half of which being the national press, that he was willing to do it if George still wanted to.

So to recap.....

George wants to do it
Garth says he'll do it
CMA says there's a slot available
You can be DARN sure CBS wants the ratings it will bring in.

I'd say those boys had better get rehearsing!
J.

phillyfan77
11-01-2001, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the info Trishy and Joyce!

I was wondering what the story is. I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but TV Guide has Garth pictured prominately in their CMA ad, and he is listed as being either "performing or nominated" if I remember correctly.

Jim :)