PDA

View Full Version : Garth to Perform Live in Nashville

Catherine
10-27-2001, 11:21 AM
Found this on country.com

http://country.com/news/display/1450361.jhtml

It's a Christmas show at the Acuff Theatre.

Catherine :)

splitzer
10-28-2001, 10:05 PM
I was totally set to go. I found good airfares on Southwest and was ready to do it, but then I remembered I am otherwise committed. Dangit all. My Christmas present to my father is a Neil Diamond concert on December 8 in Sacramento. Oh, well.

I hope those of you who make it have a blast!

Garth Always,
Dani

Wendi5000
10-28-2001, 10:17 PM
Too bad I can't afford to jump on a plane and fly half-way accross the country on short notice. I guess this is all we have to look forward to now. :(

If anyone gets to go, I hope you have a great time. :) You are very lucky. For the majority of us, it's unrealistic to think we'll ever have a chance to see Garth live now. :(

PJ
10-29-2001, 10:43 AM
Dani - small world, my Christmas present to my mom is to see Neil Diamond in Nashville Nov. 20.

nici
10-29-2001, 02:27 PM
Found this Launch.com article through my Yahoo page & thought some might be interested in reading this one as well as the country.com info.

I know that I am busy trying to convince my husband to go back to Nashville for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I have never had the chance to see Garth Brooks perform live before, and truthfully, even with the wonderful things everyone has said about the stadium shows, I think I would prefer to see this acoustic performance in a smaller venue any day! :)

Nici

Garth Brooks Brings 'Lime Creek Christmas' Back To The Stage
October 29, 12 p.m. ET, Launch

Garth Brooks and actor Anthony Zerbe (Cool Hand Luke, Papillon, Matrix II & III) will team up to present two special performances of Lime Creek Christmas. The first show will take place on December 8 in Sheridan, Wyoming (WYO Theater), followed by a performance in Nashville (BellSouth Acuff Theater) on December 9. Brooks will provide the musical setting, offering acoustic performances of Christmas songs and other appropriate music throughout Zerbe's dramatic performance.
Lime Creek Christmas--which was derived from lyricist/author Joe Henry's novel-in-progress, Lime Creek--was first performed by Brooks and Zerbe at the WYO Theater in Sheridan 10 years ago. "Whenever you get to work with quality people like Anthony, doing a quality piece written by Joe, you should jump at the chance," said Brooks. "Christmas is everything to me, and this show captures the spirit of Christmas beautifully. I'm proud to be a part of this 10th anniversary performance."

Tickets for the Sheridan show go on sale November 10 through the WYO Theater box office, while tickets to the Nashville show are available November 5 at the Grand Ole Opry Plaza box office and the Ryman Auditorium. Tickets are $20, with a six-ticket limit. Proceeds from the performance will benefit Gilda's Club Nashville and the Opry Trust Fund.

-- Margy Holland, Nashville