PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when I'm right

will0527
10-26-2001, 01:00 AM
And you're gonna hate me too :(

I made a post saying how terrible I thought Wrapped Up In You was a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was a weak lead off song for an album and not very radio friendly because of the Chris Gainesish sound to it. I also mentioned how the guys at my radio station in Evansville, IN (medium market), were making fun of the song and I predicted that it wouldn't even crack the top 10.

And in the last 2 weeks, I have heard the song only 1 other time which I find strange since I drive a lot for my job and I listen to maybe 3 different country stations during an 8 hour shift.

This morning while driving in, I was listening to a different station than I usually do and the DJ started talking about the song and how it was very weak and radio was going to push it out the door. He said a lot of programmers felt that Beer Run and Wrapped Up In You was too much Garth to be playing in the heavy rotation and most of the programmers are going with Beer Run, while slowly pushing Wrapped on down the list. He then said it probably wouldn't even crack the top 20 which would be a huge disappointment for Garth's first release off the new album. So all of you guys and gals out there who are in love with the song, better get to calling your radio stations requesting it before it disappears for good.

But there is good news for all of you folks out there with your Garth Goggles on :)

The same DJ said that although Wrapped wasn't a very good song, the rest of the album was fantastic and something to look forward to.

annette
10-26-2001, 01:04 AM
That would be a shame if radio killed a song for that reason...but I guess they do things like that all the time. All that matters to me is the fact that I personally LOVE the song.

Cheryl
10-26-2001, 01:12 AM
ummmm Will? Does your DJ have access to the Billboard, Radio & Record, & Gavin charts?????

Radio & Records: 10/19 debut at 22
Gavin: 10/10 #38, 10/17 #20, 10/24 #16 (biggest gaining song of the week)
Billboard: 10/17 debut at 22, 11/3 up four to #18

It's kinda funny that a DJ would be SOOOOO unaware of whats REALLY going on with the song! :)

Monica Lockhart
10-26-2001, 01:15 AM
According to the Billboard Country Chart...

Wrapped Up In You broke the Top 20 this week and came in at # 18.

A lot of people have said they were unsure of this new single the first few times they heard it.

I loved it the first time I heard it. Maybe if you would listen to is a few more times, you might find that you actually like it.

I predict a Top 10 hit...and hope for a #1!

It's an awesome song!

Monica

Chris Gaines
10-26-2001, 01:15 AM
yep Cheryl :):)

I heard it on my station 2 times today within two hours! :)

Jason

Chris Gaines
10-26-2001, 01:17 AM
Hey Moni....

rememebr when Jamie's "This Ain't Arizona" quite a few people was saying they didn't particularly like it when it first came out.. and it grew on them the more it was played..

and wham! it hit #1 :)

Jason

Chris Gaines
10-26-2001, 01:20 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just looked at www.billboard.com

and it's even still got "AIRPOWER" for this week...

weeeeeeeee expect another nice "jump up" next week :):)

Jason

SweetGBFan
10-26-2001, 06:20 AM
Well my radio station is hardly playing it and they love Garth. They play alot of the older stuff. I dont know what to think. However, it did crack top 20 in two weeks, but that doesnt mean it will go higher next week. Guess we will just have to wait and see. I still love the song.

boppityboo
10-26-2001, 03:29 PM
I think I'm gonna email my radio station a big thank you. They are always playing Garth, old and new all the time. :) No complaints here. WUIY and BR have been played heavily. BR I hear at least twice a day and WUIY at least 4. I don't even hae the radio on a lot either. So... I'm glad my station is very Garth friendly. :0

Ellie

It is great to see it moving up the charts.

loreli
10-26-2001, 03:37 PM
I hear it a lot on my radio station :D

It's even the winner of the STS (stuck tune syndrome) for the week :D :) Hehehe

Keep requesting!!

Lori :)

Lost 'n' Garth
10-27-2001, 12:16 PM
Alot here too!! :)

They play both WUIY and BR constantly. Thanks WKIS in South Florida!!!
Think I will send them an e-mail of Thanks, too!!

Cheri :)