PDA

View Full Version : Garth and Traverse City, MI?????

Debbie R
10-25-2001, 09:50 AM
The one time I miss my station's Nashville Hotline they have something about Garth!! Aaaargh!!

Someone in Chicago please tell me what I missed. All I heard was Pat Paulsen has a place in Traverse City, MI and now Garth is bigger news than him, or something along those lines..

Debbie

Honeybunny31
10-25-2001, 12:15 PM
I would like to know also Debbie..

Who is Pat Paulsen??

Peace,

Lisa

Cheryl
10-25-2001, 12:21 PM
I didn't hear it, but here is what is posted at www.us99country.com It's a summary of today's Nashville Hotline:

TRISH'S NASHVILLE HOTLINE

Brad Paisley's song "He Didn't Have To Be" has gone from being a hit song to an inspirational book. Now it will be a TV movie! Brad will be the Executive Producer. He does plan to play a supporting role, and he will compose all of the music for the TBS movie. Brad also hopes some of his country star friends will have cameo appearances.

Reba McEntire has officially been picked up! The WB has picked up her sitcom for a full 22 episode season. Tonight at 7, Reba chats onlince at chat.msn.com.

Garth Brooks was in Traverse City, Michigan earlier this week filming footage for her Dr. Pepper commercials. Fans found out...and Garth spent three hours signing autographs and shaking hands.

Montgomery Gentry is headlining a pair of shows for delgates to the Future Farmers of America's national convention in Louisville, Kentucky tonight. The boys will help present scholarship checks.

Vince Gill will be honored in his hometown today. The Oklahoma City Public Schools Foundation is giving him its Wall of Fame Award.

"Dancin' with Thunder" is a TNN special tonight that will feature performances by some of your favorite country stars, interviews with professional bull riders and some great riding competition footage!

Happy birthday to Chely Wright and Mark Miller of Sawyer Brown!

Anybody in Michigan that can shed more light on this?

Debbie R
10-25-2001, 12:24 PM
Thanks Cheryl! When I checked the site this morning it hadn't been updated yet!

Pat Paulsen is an old comedian and character actor. Can't even think of any other way to tell you what he's been in/on.

Debbie

Honeybunny31
10-25-2001, 12:26 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOO BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMed,

I would of soooooooo been there had I known!!!

BOO HOO(cant find my sad face where did they go??)

Peace,

Lisa

redstrokes77
10-25-2001, 05:12 PM
Wasn't Pat Paulson onthe 60's t.v. show Laugh-In? (showing my age). If I remeber correctly he ran for President too!

deb

loreli
10-25-2001, 05:38 PM
Omgosh Deb I think you are right! He did run for President..lol

Lori

Darrell
10-25-2001, 08:31 PM
From countrynation.com
Dr. Pepper Run
-- Garth Brooks made a hush-hush visit to Traverse City, Michigan earlier this week to shoot footage for one of his Dr. Pepper commercials, according to US.99.

He would do his work, then slip back out. No muss, no fuss. Of course word leaked out that he was in town, and Garth spent three hours signing autographs and shaking hands.

Then, after promising to record a duet with every single fan, he was on his way. I'm kidding, already.

sandytoo
10-26-2001, 12:00 PM
Debbie R !!! So good to see you still around, girl !! How are you doing ?

redstrokes77 - you are right, Pat Paulsen was on Laugh In. That's what I remember him from anyway. And I do remember something about Pat Paulsen for President, but was that a spoof from Laugh In or was that for real ?

Debbie R
10-26-2001, 07:50 PM
Hey, Sandytoo!!! Was wonderin' if anyone I knew was still hangin around here??!! Major stuff going on for me since we last talked!!

email me at privateaffair@earthlink.net

I'd love to catch up!

Debbie

fuzzwuzz
10-27-2001, 01:56 AM
Pat Paulsen is hysterical! He starred as the narrator in one show of the Monkees. His humor carried the whole silly plot to sheer brilliance! lol! And he briefly had a tv show of his own which featured his wit and 'vices' for living. But unfortunately it was very short lived, as was Mike Nesmith's attempts at his own pre-era music video/comedy skit type shows. But later we got MTV and SNL as a result of guys like them willing to try something different. I don't really watch either these days. Right now I prefer VH1 Country.

GBGirl1
10-30-2001, 01:05 PM
Well now I'm sooooo sad .... just a few hours away!!!! :(

waaaahhhhhhhhh ..... i'm always the last to know!! :( :(

Mel