PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity To Help Garth : )

ElectricK
10-23-2001, 03:22 PM
Hello Garth Fans!

My name is Krista, I work for a company called ElectricArtists and Iíd like to offer you all a way to be a little closer to Garth Brooks. Over the next few months I'll be working with Garth's management and label to form the Garth Brooks Online Street Team - - - Iím inviting all of you to become a part of this team. The goal of this team will be to spread the word about the release of Garthís new album Scarecrow on the Internet and we're looking for Garth fans like y'all to join : ) Allow me to give you a few more reasons why youíll want to join.

Everyone who joins will be eligible to receive Garth Brooks goodies like exclusive Scarecrow promotional items. You'll also be the first to know about upcoming Garth Brooks events through our weekly Garth newsletter.

As fan of Garth Brooks youíre likely talking about Garth online on already! As a member of the team, youíll be asked to take the latest information about Garth Brooks into online communities such as fan clubs, mailing lists, chat rooms and message boards and simply talk about whatís new with Garth. Weíll also let you know about special
promotions on other websites where you can register to win Garth Brooks items.

Your time commitment to the team is up to you, we hope that youíll give it your all, but even if you just would like to receive our updates thatís cool too. But each week there will be a call to action for team members to prove their devotion to Garth.

If you're interested in joining the street team send an email to the following address:

Join-Garth@lists.electricartists.com

Thanks!

Krista
Garth Brooks Online Street Team
Garth@electricartists.com

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 03:46 PM
never believe everything ya read...

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 03:46 PM
Krista,

This sounds great, but we need a little more info. to the legitimacy of your request/offer.

I do not see Garth listed as a client at the website www.electricartists.com

All of us here would love to help Garth, we just need to make sure we are in fact doing that. I don't think many will send an email on blind faith. Maybe someone will check it out with GBM and confirm this. :)

~Ann~

gbcrazy
10-23-2001, 03:57 PM
I called Karen today and she said and I quote

"they are aware of electric artist and that they are working together"

Just for your information,

Terry

PlanetGarth.com
10-23-2001, 04:57 PM
They are a legitimate company hired by Capitol Records.

honky
10-23-2001, 05:03 PM
hmmmm.... even Brandon said that the company is a legitimate one :eek:

Tommy

Cheryl
10-23-2001, 05:14 PM
OK...I did it - I'm all signed up. :) I'm rather curious to see how this is gonna work. Sounds rather interesting!

Teresa Morris
10-23-2001, 06:49 PM
All signed up and registered myself. This sounds cool and hey, if its for Garth to help, support, whatever he needs, I'm there. :)

Teresa

Vanessa
10-23-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks Brandon for confirming this :)

Krista- you have an email :)

Vanessa :)

wizard2C
10-23-2001, 07:53 PM
Hi!

Sounds exciting! But.....unfortunately, do not have the time. Working with the Children of the World right now! Too bad!

Carol
Wizard2C

--------------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!".....the Children lead the way to World Peace! :D

Teresa Morris
10-23-2001, 07:58 PM
Carol,

Thats not too bad...that's doing what your heart desires. Garth would be the first to say keep doing what you're doing I'm sure! Life works are so important and when you find something that you support and treasure so deeply, you'd be cheating that organization, those children AND yourself if you didn't devote yourself to it. God bless ya woman!

Teresa

wizard2C
10-23-2001, 10:01 PM
Hi!

Teresa, thanks for the support. I'm going to sign up anyway. Maybe there is a way I can help Garth up.

Carol
Wizard2C

------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" :D

Teresa Morris
10-23-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wizard2C
Hi!

Teresa, thanks for the support. I'm going to sign up anyway. Maybe there is a way I can help Garth up.

Carol
Wizard2C

------------

Um..Carol....I think you meant help Garth OUT...but da visuals of helping Garth UP.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....someone send some ICE my way. I'm meltin fast!!!!

Teresa <sittin here with a VERY wicked evil grin>

Garthfan92
10-23-2001, 10:45 PM
I don't know my way around the internet that well. I mostly stay on sites people recomend to me. Aside from that, I spend more time on here than I should! All the same, still think I'd be of some help? I couldn't devote that much time to it, but I'd do anything to help Garth.

Lisa (who thinks T probably just made a cold shower a necessity for some people! LOL)

Yukongirls
10-23-2001, 10:46 PM
To funny Teresa!!! :D

Here is a bucket of ice. Control yourself girl. ;)

L & M

garthfamily
10-24-2001, 12:39 AM
I signed up ought to be interesting. Theresa can I share the ice?:)

Sharon

splitzer
10-24-2001, 01:12 AM
We definitely need another round of ice here!!

I'm all signed up. Anything to help Garth out... or... well...

MORE ICE PLEASE!!! :)

Garth Always,
Dani

Linda
10-24-2001, 02:58 AM
ANYTHING for Garth!! ;)

splitzer
10-24-2001, 03:52 AM
I just want to remind everyone that signed up - I did too :) - that we are fans and FRIENDS of Garth first and foremost. Don't become obnoxious and force Garth down people's throats. That certainly won't help Garth at all. I know we all know this, I just thought I'd post it to be sure.

Be sincere! Just be honest about how great Garth is and how great the new music is! It's an easy job, you don't even have to stretch the truth! :):):)

((I hope I didn't offend anyone. I certainly mean no harm. :)))

Garth Always,
Dani

GBShameless
10-24-2001, 06:45 AM
Need more ice over here, LOL. What a way to start the morning :)

I signed up also, I'm already an info booth for family and friends, now i can tell them more. ;)

Robin :) :)

missy1462
10-24-2001, 08:10 AM
Well, I signed up also. Anything to help promote Garth. After all he's given us, it'll be nice to do something good for him for a change. :D

Still Waters Run Deep

God Bless Us All (please!)
Missy

Garth_FANtasizer
10-24-2001, 09:13 AM
I signed up! :)

I almost feel guilty about this - Talking about Garth all day is what I do anyway! LOL It's also what I do best! :)

~Ann~

ElectricK
10-24-2001, 12:24 PM
I'm so EXCITED that you guys are EXCITED about the team!

To answer Vanessa's question - everyone is welcome to send me email at garth@electricartists.com :)

Also I wanted to let everyone know that I totally agree with Dani's comment. The point of the team will not be force anyone to listen to Garth - just to let people know that Garth has this amazing new album out called Scarecrow and to check it out if they like. Dani made a great point by saying were fans and friends of Garth first:)

Take to you all soon,
Krista

PS: These were Dani's thoughts I referred to above:
I just want to remind everyone that signed up - I did too - that we are fans and FRIENDS of Garth first and foremost. Don't become obnoxious and force Garth down people's throats. That certainly won't help Garth at all. I know we all know this, I just thought I'd post it to be sure.

Be sincere! Just be honest about how great Garth is and how great the new music is! It's an easy job, you don't even have to stretch the truth!

((I hope I didn't offend anyone. I certainly mean no harm. ))

Garth Always,
Dani

Vanessa
10-24-2001, 01:17 PM
Krista-please check your email :) I'm having trouble signing up :(

Garth_FANtasizer
10-24-2001, 01:20 PM
Oops.. I sent my email to the other address! :o

I'll send another off to the correct one now! :)

~Ann~

Original GB Fan
10-24-2001, 01:30 PM
I signed up! This looks like way to much fun ... supporting the man we all cherish so much! I can't wait to "Start Spreading The Word" even more than I do now!!!!!!

JoAnne :) :) :)

Vanessa
10-24-2001, 01:35 PM
Is anyone else having problems signing up with the Listbot :confused: I can't seem to get a confirmation ejail saying that I've offically joined up :( :mad: Please help!! :)

littlebit
10-25-2001, 10:56 AM
:)

:cool:

PJ
10-25-2001, 02:01 PM
I emailed ya Kris with a question but have yet to hear back.

twister
10-25-2001, 02:15 PM
i added myself to. garth kicks ass.

twister

no1cowgirl
10-25-2001, 02:39 PM
*L* OH NO! It's another Krista!

;)

I'm a part of Mark McGuinn's Street Team--it's pretty cool. :) This one sounds even better.

Krista

missy1462
10-25-2001, 03:33 PM
Vanessa

I signed up but didn't get a confirmation email either.

Missy

diem nash
10-25-2001, 04:28 PM
Have problems, too!

Krista, help is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrote you an e-mail and left a pm here. Please, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Madeleine

twister
10-25-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by no1cowgirl

;)

I'm a part of Mark McGuinn's Street Team--it's pretty cool. :) This one sounds even better.

Krista

cool. i love mark mcginns music. i wanna see him live so bad.

Ohh and i signed up no problem for Garth. Maybe you all should try again. :)

Twister

Garth_FANtasizer
10-25-2001, 07:59 PM
hmmm... I didn't get a confirmation email. Was I suppose to?

Does that mean I'm not signed up? Did others get one?

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
10-25-2001, 09:58 PM
But each week there will be a call to action for team members to prove their devotion to Garth.I'm already on Garth's team and he knows where my devotion is. I don't have anything to prove. I may pass on this.

Paula
10-25-2001, 10:02 PM
I got an email when I signed up. Once you get the confirmation email, you have to reply to confirm. Then you get another email with a link to a page for you to register.

Paula

Snow
10-26-2001, 06:44 AM
Whooooooo Hooooooooooo....... let's go!

Garth_FANtasizer
10-26-2001, 09:25 AM
Thanks, Paula! I think I got it right this time! :o

~Ann~

Garthfan92
10-26-2001, 09:58 PM
I got all signed up. I don't think you get another confirmation after you register with all your info. I think the one prior is the only confirmation you get. I can't wait to take some time this weekend to get going with this!

Lisa

garthfamily
10-27-2001, 01:50 AM
Watching to see what else we do? Will we get another email?

Sharon

PJ
10-27-2001, 11:24 AM
I got the confirmation email, but it said I had to reply to it to confirm my interest. When I reply I always get a return email which says it doesn't understand my command. Did this happen to anyone else?

CheyenneWindRoper
10-27-2001, 11:28 AM
PJ~

The same happened to me, so I tried it again.....no change in result. I figured it was just a technicality and didn't worry further about it.

:)
Mary Liz

Monica Lockhart
10-27-2001, 11:46 AM
Same thing happened to me...

I emailed them a sperate email to tell them about the error message I got.

Will wait to see if I hear back.

Moni

PJ
10-27-2001, 11:48 AM
I did the same thing Moni and have yet to hear from anyone.

Cheryl
10-27-2001, 11:54 AM
I got the error message when I tried to reply, too. Hopefully Krista will post back here again and explain what's up. :)

twister
10-28-2001, 11:18 AM
i got no error message but i did get stupid junk mail today for siging up last week. I dont remember signing up for the junk mail list but oh well. i cant wait to get my instructions.

twister

nelty
10-28-2001, 01:27 PM
I'm having the same problems too and had emailed the lady twice but yet to hear from her.

Nelly

twister
10-28-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by no1cowgirl

;)

Krista

Mark McGuinn is so cool. Do they still need people? What do you do? Have you checked out.... http://markmcguinnfans.8m.com/

Big Mark Fan Here!!

Twister

no1cowgirl
10-28-2001, 11:07 PM
Twister:
http://www.vfrrecords.com :)

Krista