PDA

View Full Version : All Garths Songs

twister
10-23-2001, 03:37 PM
Whish you could put all your Garth Songs on one media format so you could listen to any one at any time? Well now you can!! Apple (www.apple.com) has announced iPod today. Its an MP3 player that can hold 1000 songs!! Course it can also be used as an external Firewire HardDrive for applications!! Granted its a little spendy but still if you facter in all the cool stuff and new technology its worth it. And best of all its about the size of a deck of cards.

Tool Cool

Twister

Scarecrow
10-24-2001, 03:54 AM
I have every song Garth has ever recorded on C.D., I just recently got a walkman with MP3 playback and I have every song of Garth on one C.D. A C.D. will hold up to ten hours and I still have more than enough space on the c.d. for Scarecrow when that comes out. I could hold even more c.d.'s after that as MP3s.

loreli
10-24-2001, 11:36 AM
There are CD's that hold 10 Hours?

I want one of those :D

Lori

twister
10-24-2001, 02:21 PM
if your cd or dvd player can read mp3's then yes you can burn hours of music on one cd.

twister

Vanessa
10-24-2001, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info Twister, btw..it's not tillegal or anything like that..is it? :)

vanessa ;)

twister
10-24-2001, 04:00 PM
if you own the CD that the songs are on then MP3's are 100% legal.

Thats why napster got in so much trouble. People downloaded songs without ever owning the CD's. That way they didnt have to buy the CD's. Supposedly you can download an mp3 without owning the CD if you have it on your computer for less than 24 hours.

twister

Scarecrow
10-24-2001, 08:14 PM
I have all of Garths C.D.'s when he released them. I took all of the C.D.s and Ripped them to my computer and used my Cd-writer to put them all as MP3s on one disc. If you convert your music to MP3's then you can fit up to ten hours of music on a 650MB CDR. I didn't share any of my MP3's on napster or any other site either because of out of respect for Garth.

Christian
10-24-2001, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone.
I dont care what you do with your music or where you get it from but I want to remind you of one thing

In the music business there are ;
writers, producers, technicians, owners, secretaries, etc...etc... and afcourse the performer.
Each one of these needs their paycheck, each one of these probably have kids, each one of these work their asses off just to give us the music we wanna listen to.

If every one in the world suddenly descides to download their music from the internet starting from today on non of the above will get paid anymore.
You can all figure out what will happen then................

Im not saying Im perfect myself. I got lots of music that Ive downloaded from the net myself.
This is kust a reminder to you all!

Scarecrow
10-25-2001, 12:36 AM
I agree with Christian, I personally know how it is when it comes to making an album. I worked on making a Christian Album with a local band named Generation, they thought they could get off with a few hundred dollars to make just 100 copies, wrong, They ended up spending $5,000+ for the album. Can you picture how much to make 7 million copies. Do the math.

twister
10-25-2001, 11:07 AM
Scarecrow thats a great idea for your MP3 CD but then you need a cd player that can read MP3s. I wish i had one. Maybe i'll go look for a little one right now.

Twister

Karinda
10-31-2001, 08:28 PM
If that is true than why do they make boxed sets of cd's rather than putting them on just one cd? So it seems like you are getting more?

twister
11-01-2001, 11:29 AM
because most cd players cant read mp3's. Some DVD players do and a few car raidos will. Right now there just mainly a computer thing.

twister

Wendi5000
11-01-2001, 07:41 PM
Christian,

Hey, I understand where you're coming from. But I think what people are talking about here is, taking cd's that they own and combining them to one cd in mp3 format for personal use (and convenience). That's not cheating anyone, is it?

:)

twister
11-01-2001, 08:44 PM
nope its perfectly legal

Christian
11-02-2001, 04:43 PM
Hi Wendi5000
Please chill out a little bit.
If you read everything in this topic you will see that some are speculating in different things.
Besides; I just put out a warning to everone here.
I dont like to see the music business getting cheated like they do this days.
Please understand that. When I first joined this forum I was told that every point of view was important.
Thanks!

Christian
11-02-2001, 04:50 PM
hello again wendi5000:)
Im sorry if I was to hard in the answer I just wrote to you.
Didnt mean that at all but its been a hard day and like I said I just put out a simple warning to each and every one of you here.
Very cool to see everyones point of view.
Sorry again!
Christian