PDA

View Full Version : Why Trisha sang "We Shall Be Free"

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 12:48 PM
I found this at www.totallytrisha.com :

TRISHA YEARWOOD closed the show with "America the Beautiful" and then her own version of Garth Brooks' We Shall be Free," complete with a gospel choir. When asked why she chose that song: "I said I want there to be something up and inspirational and something really that's not just a real low key, or not a bunch of really 'balladie' things. I'd like to come up with something cool. And in my head, ever since September 11th, "We Shall be Free" has been playing in my mind. And when I brought it up to the band, I said something like that. And they went, well why not that? And when I found out that Garth was not going to be here...you know I wasn't going to do it if he was going to be here...it just seemed like a cool idea. It's real emotional to sing it. Because as much as it's a timeless song and it's appropriate all the time, it's so much more appropriate now and I think a lot of things that were written, the way that he and Stephanie had written it, the lyrics mean something more powerful today."

Good choice, Trisha! :)
~Ann~

boppityboo
10-23-2001, 01:05 PM
Hmmm ....

"And when I found out Garth was not going to be here... you know I wasn't going to do it if he was going to be here..."

That is an interesting statement for sure. :)I wonder what she meant by that.

Ellie :)

P.S. I think she did a great job with WSBF. :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 01:31 PM
Ellie,

I think she probably meant that if Garth were going to be there, then he would more than likely have sang it himself.

~Ann~

honky
10-23-2001, 05:47 PM
aarrrrrhhh... I would have been so cool to hear her version of "We Shall Be Free"!!! :D

Tommy

Garthfan92
10-23-2001, 10:34 PM
Of course Garth would have done WSBF if he was there. He had to be proud to hear Trisha singing it though. I think it's so cool that she did. You can tell she's been listening to Garth's live version too! It was great!

Lisa

missy1462
10-24-2001, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't it be great if CMT decided to do a re-cast of the freedom concert so would could hear WSBF again? I sent an e-mail to CMT yesteday and asked if they would?

God Bless Us All (please!)
Missy

Garth_FANtasizer
10-24-2001, 09:16 AM
I bet they will rerun it, Missy! They usually rerun there programs over and over again. :)

~Ann~

Garth_FANtasizer
10-24-2001, 09:56 AM
I just saw this response from CMT to someone that wrote to them:

Hello, and thanks for writing. At the moment, CMT is exploring legal issues in order to air the concert again. Hopefully it will be cleared for re-broadcast in November. This is not a sure thing yet, but is definitely in the works. Keep checking country.com and the CMT page for updates. Also, at this time we are not aware of plans to have a concert video or CD available for sale.

~Ann~

holdon81
10-24-2001, 10:27 AM
okay, but theres still a bunch of us poor folk who dont get cmt in our area, so what do we do? never see the concert? that hardly seems right. of course then i think of all the people who didnt get to see paul mccartneys concert because they dont have vh1....

sarah

boppityboo
10-24-2001, 12:54 PM
Of course, ANN, you're right. I didn't even read it that way. I thought maybe she wanted to avoid him or something. Of course she meant the song. I don't know where my mind was. lol. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Ellie :)

GRTH FAN
10-25-2001, 02:18 AM
She did a great job, and it was great to hear that song again LIVE!
Donna :)

missy1462
10-25-2001, 09:19 AM
I just got a reply form CMT yesterday and they said this...

Hello, thanks for writing. It is being considered. Please continue checking country.com for CMT TV Schedule programming updates. Thanks for visiting our site!

So, maybe they will show a replay of the concert soon!!!

Missy