PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Garth has compitition on AOL.... LOL

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 10:50 AM
AOL users won't have to listen to a generic "you've got mail" message any more.

Britney will say it for them. People who have an America Online account will have the option of having Britney Spears greet them when they log on.

The pop star has signed up with AOL in a deal that lets the nation's largest online service control her presence in cyberspace. She also becomes a pretty constant fixture at AOL. For example, she gets her own AOL keyword -- and will record customized versions of AOL system sounds like "Welcome," "Goodbye" and "You've Got Mail."

AOL will also host chats with Spears, offer advanced sales of concert tickets and hold contests for fans.

In addition, people who buy Spears' albums will find America Online software tucked inside the package. No word on financial terms of the deal -- but an AOL spokeswoman says it will last at least one year.

source: AOL/Time Warner

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 11:22 AM
ummm... Garth or Britney - tough choice NOT

~Ann~

Darrell
10-23-2001, 11:59 AM
Oops

She did it again :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 12:00 PM
LMAO, Darrell!

~Ann~

Wendi5000
10-23-2001, 12:52 PM
Well, I don't like Brittney anyway :o. But I bet her non-aol fans are pretty pissed that they have to get aol in order to see her online stuff now :rolleyes:.

kristen166
10-23-2001, 01:02 PM
Warning but this is my opinion.

Britney Spears is annoying and if her voice ever appears on my computer speakers, the computer is being thrown out the window. :rolleyes:

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 01:20 PM
ROFL!!!!!!

ya'll are too much..

Darrell.. you said that right..

Britney the COKE drinker that endorses Pepsi.. LMAO

Jason

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 01:22 PM
Wait just a sec here...

Pepsi.. makes Dr. Pepper...

Are these just mere accidents? LOL!

ut oh!

Oops! I did it again...

LMAO
Jason

loreli
10-23-2001, 01:29 PM
Britney Spears is annoying and if her voice ever appears on my computer speakers, the computer is being thrown out the window.

I'm with you Kristen ;)

Lori

Darrell
10-23-2001, 01:50 PM
This is a comment I found on fark.com They do not represent my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Until they record her squealing, "My god - you're killing me with that thing!" I'm not interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes a guy posted this *lol*

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Darrell
"Until they record her squealing, "My god - you're killing me with that thing!" I'm not interested.

OMG LMAO!!!!!!!

I'm telling Justin :p

LMAO

Jason

Darrell
10-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Got AOL?

twister
10-23-2001, 02:31 PM
i belive that you will see LOTS of artists doing this in the near future. Garth was just the start.

Twister

honky
10-23-2001, 03:07 PM
Sorry.. "I am not a slave for her"!! hehee

Tommy

Wendi5000
10-23-2001, 04:37 PM
AOL has their own broswer interface for users, they own a major cable provider (which also happens to be in the movie-making business), and now they're making deals with record labels to put their artists stuff on a service that only those using AOL for an ISP can access. I smell a monopoly here :rolleyes:.

Although it doesn't suprise me that singers would join in... everyone knows the recording industry has been in the rip-off business for a long time. That's why CD's cost around $12 ~ $15 but most artists recieve less than a buck for each CD sold :rolleyes:. The labels are ripping off the artists and the fans when they do that. No wonder file sharing got so popular :eek:!

I wonder what's next... Pirated AOL Keyword mirror sites perhaps? :p

thedance_2000
10-23-2001, 08:16 PM
well I don't wnat Brits..... but how can I get Garth saying it??? I'm so tired of the same old one, Garth would be a breath of fresh air...

thanx,
Kate

TBG
10-24-2001, 03:55 PM
Wouldn't you love to hear "You've Got Garth"
Instead of getting mad when you get bounced off you would have a smile because yah know what your going to hear when yah log back on:

Hey ao, that's one way to solve one of your problems.

MO

TBG
10-24-2001, 03:58 PM
opps ment to say aol

How come I got no smiles or bold?

MO

MDgarthgirl
10-24-2001, 06:22 PM
It's not competition.

It's multiple-source marketing.

Nash