PDA

View Full Version : What we know FOR SURE about a second album cover...

Cheryl
10-15-2001, 12:39 AM
Since there seems to be some confussion about the "second" or "limited" cover, I thought maybe we could all share here, in this thread, all in one place, what we know FOR SURE about it.

A picture was shown at the press conference, and Moni has a great shot of it here at PG. :) http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178837

Joyce was kind enough to type out the exact quote from the press conference, when Garth was talking about it. :) It's a rather confusing statement.... http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109443

The Countdown to Garth site says "pre-order on line before 11/13 for the limited edition Scarecrow CD". It doesn't say what the limited edition looks like. It also doesn't say that pre-ordering is the ONLY way to get it.

Is there anything else that anybody knows FOR SURE? I'm sure there's a good chance that I've missed something in all these threads.

On the other hand, I'm just thinking that there could be an awful lot of speculation going on, and that some people could end up disappointed if it doesn't all turn out the way they assume it will.

Wendi5000
10-15-2001, 12:37 PM
:(

I think Garth just likes to confuse us :p

countyfair_85
10-15-2001, 12:54 PM
Thanks Cheryl
for taking the time to post that...:)

-Diane

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 04:33 AM
:)

CheyenneWindRoper
10-17-2001, 06:55 PM
I too want to say thanks Cheryl. I think you have put all the info into a nutshell and if there is anything else, we will learn about it later!

Mary Liz

Cheryl
10-17-2001, 08:42 PM
Oops, I forgot to update this thread!

gbroadtrip (Shannon) posted that Wal-Mart is showing the limited cover, available for pre-orders! :)

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109614

Dudleynascar
10-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Hi Guys and Gals, 1st post so here goes, I have seen the second cover for the limited edition on www.walmart.com in the music-preorders section, its a lilttle clearer and maybe(?) more representative of the final one i guess than the pic at the beginning of the thread, but that one is awesome too. Just wanted to let you all know. Thanks, Travis

Vanessa
10-17-2001, 09:34 PM
Thanks Cheryl for clearing up the confusion :)

Vanessa :)

charmed1
10-17-2001, 10:38 PM
Welcome to PG Travis! PGers are a nice bunch!! You'll have fun here. Post often!! Thanks for the info on the Walmart.com photo. It is always great when a new member comes into the family of PG.

Have a wonderful day!!

Cheryl
10-18-2001, 12:32 AM
Hi Travis...welcome to PG! :)

The actual cover picture does seem to be a bit different than the other one shown....maybe cuz the one Moni took at the press conference is a picture of the picture shown on a big screen. Or maybe Garth didn't have the final version ready then.

Here's a shortcut to get directly to the Scarecrow page at Wal-Mart:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=14544&product_id=1625504&type=4&path=0:4104:14544&dept=4104

ferretcrazy
10-18-2001, 01:15 AM
Soooo does that mean ALL pre-orders will have This cover? Like if you order from CDNow, Amazon, ect. :)? Or do I have to pre-order from Walmart too? :(

Joan

Cheryl
10-18-2001, 09:52 AM
That's exactly what we are trying to sort out Joan. Last time I checked the other places, they were still showing the regular cover. However, the Countdown to Garth site DOES say that pre-orders will receive a limited cover, and it links to Amazon. But, as far as I know, Wal-Mart is the only place actually showing the picture of the limited cover for pre-order. :)

Anybody else have any more info?

Monica Lockhart
10-21-2001, 02:44 AM
This may shed some light...

Scarecrow was produced by Allen Reynolds and engineered by Mark Miller. It contains 12 cuts, including “Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?),” the duet with George Jones. It also includes “When You Come Back To Me Again,” the much-anticipated release from the movie Frequency. As with previous Brooks releases, there will be a Limited First Edition with a different cover and package. All advance orders placed through retail stores and online retailers will be guaranteed a First Edition.

The way I interpret this is... if you preorder you are guaranteed a Limited Edition Cover... and if there are extras.. you can still get them.

Moni

Teach
10-21-2001, 10:45 PM
After I placed my order at Amazon.com, I sent them an email to make sure I would be getting a limited edition and was informed that they did not know anything about a limited edition. :( I may cancel my order there and go preorder a limited edition at Wal Mart. I will be very angry if I do not get a limited edition. It also upsets me that the Countdown to GB says you will recieve a limited edition and sends you to Amazon.com. They know nothing about this. How dumb is that????? :rolleyes:

Monica Lockhart
10-21-2001, 11:29 PM
Teach,

I ordered mine from Amazon too...

I would email them again...and copy and past the above information in your email. Tell them that this information came directly from the Capitol Records site.

Hopefully they will have someone look into it and email you back with the answer you want to hear!

I will do the same thing! I'll let you know what I find out.

Moni

Scarecrow
10-22-2001, 01:46 AM
I hope it is available in stores

Original GB Fan
10-22-2001, 10:19 AM
Hi ... didn't want to take a chance and canceled my order with Amazon and then placed it on Walmarts website. Plus Walmarts was about a buck cheaper!

JoAnne :)

Teach
10-22-2001, 11:30 AM
Moni,That is exactly what I did after I read your post about the statement from Capitol Records. I also told Amazon.com that I would be very angry if I did not receive a limited edition. I may order one from Wal Mart as well just to be sure. I can always give it to my son as a Christmas present. LOL!

Original GB Fan
10-22-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Teach
Moni,That is exactly what I did after I read your post about the statement from Capitol Records. I also told Amazon.com that I would be very angry if I did not receive a limited edition. I may order one from Wal Mart as well just to be sure. I can always give it to my son as a Christmas present. LOL!

Teach ... you can cancel you Amazon order real easily. I didn't want to take a chance so I canceled Amazon and ordered from Walmart since Walmart listed this as the limited edition cover.

Good luck!

JoAnne :)

twister
10-22-2001, 02:46 PM
i dont wanna pre order. But if i have to i'll go to my 24 walmart (not exactly the cloest walmart) and do it.

twister

Cheryl
10-22-2001, 10:06 PM
www.countrystars.com is also now showing the limited edition for pre-orders. Seems like some sites just took a little longer than others to show it. :)

PJ
10-22-2001, 10:28 PM
Amazon is showing the limited edition cover so that should be a good sign.

If only we knew just how limited this edition will be!

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by PJ
Amazon is showing the limited edition cover so that should be a good sign.

If only we knew just how limited this edition will be! it's limited to a first time mailing .. I believe.. as far as how many... depends on how many pre-order... cause that will more or less be the initial shipment to all retailers.. will be the pre-order/filling.

Jason

PJ
10-23-2001, 09:59 AM
If the initial shipment is just for pre-orders, that implies no limited editions in stores. Is that what you are trying to say Jason?

Chris Gaines
10-23-2001, 10:02 AM
PJ,

that's hard to tell.. cause most STORES in the pre-order usually order extras for the shelves on top of what is already sold...

ya know?

Jason

PJ
10-23-2001, 10:06 AM
So, your guess is as good as mine? :)

Original GB Fan
10-23-2001, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone ... just got this e-mail back from amazon.com when asking what the pre-order CD would be:

Dear JoAnne,

Thanks for writing in to Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but I have been unable to determine just yet whether the new
Garth Brooks CD "Scarecrow" will be the special edition CD.

However if you sign up for our Amazon.com Alerts service you can be
notified to more information that match your interests as it becomes
available.

Nothing from Capital-Nashville yet.

Thanks,
JoAnne

Monica Lockhart
10-24-2001, 02:52 AM
Please see updated thread...

Moni