PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with Garth About The Call Me Claus Project

Monica Lockhart
10-22-2001, 11:39 PM
I found another link with more information on The Call Me Claus Project.

Not sure if you all looked at all the different articles on that last link I gave you.

Check this out... :)

A Conversation with Garth Brooks (Executive Producer)

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/View4/0,5878,342122|1636|1859~,00.html

Moni

smitten
10-23-2001, 12:33 AM
Thanks Moni,

That's one of the reasons I come here, all these great snippets !

:) Annette

countyfair_85
10-23-2001, 12:38 AM
A Conversation With Garth Brooks
(Executive Producer)
Q: What music can we look forward to hearing in the movie?
A: The music is a blast. We re-recorded "'Zat You Santa Claus?," originally recorded by Louis Armstrong.We also recorded the title track "Call Me Claus" and I got to write the gospel hymn "Ready for Jesus," which is performed by Vicki Hampton in the movie. Whoopi was able to marry this hip attitude with Christmas, and I had to accomplish that through the music.

Thank-you so much Monica!!!! :D
I loved reading that conversation with Garth Brooks...

I quoted the section where Garth said he wrote another song...that's not on the album though...
Can't wait to hear it especially since he wrote it!!!

-Diane

fuzzwuzz
10-23-2001, 01:20 AM
After reading that interview, it isn't hard to see why Garth has said his presence will be felt in his movies through his music. But he obviously has so much of himself invested in the story and characters also.

And yes! Garth writes a gospel hymn! Yes, I'm ready for Jesus, I know that. Wouldn't be Christmas without him. And he calls Christmas a perfect day. And all the rest are good days I imagine. Like he seems to like to remind us. Sure would be perfect everyday if those walls could stay down past curfew. Belleau Wood instantly comes to mind, with We Shall Be Free on it's heels. Might we truly get a 'White Christmas' this time, even down here in sunny Florida? ;)

countyfair_85
10-23-2001, 02:36 AM
That's one of the reasons I come here, all these great snippets !

I agree with Annette...
those 'SNIPPETS' keep us informed!...:D

Dale...
Snow in Florida?
You'll be dreaming of a White Christmas! :p

-Diane

Pilgrim
10-23-2001, 02:57 AM
Thanks Moni:)

Brian

splitzer
10-23-2001, 03:15 AM
Another big thank you Moni!

I can't wait to hear "Ready for Jesus!"

Garth Always,
Dani

ImaGBbeliever
10-23-2001, 08:27 AM
Great link, Moni! Thanks!

Garth is sooo cool.

Kristi

Garth_FANtasizer
10-23-2001, 09:57 AM
I'm ready, Garth! :)

Living in Buffalo, NY, I almost always have a white Christmas - A very COLD and white Christmas! LOL

This year, with Garth, it's going to be a warm white Christmas! :)

Thanks, Moni! :)

~Ann~

boppityboo
10-23-2001, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the link. Hey, if you click on Garth's name in the first list on the left, they give a little bio of Garth and at the bottom they have a link to Capitol and PLANET GARTH.com... Very "cool".:)

Ellie :)

Vanessa
10-23-2001, 01:16 PM
what a cool interview!!! I loved it :) Thanks Moni :)

Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
10-23-2001, 01:59 PM
Oh yes Diane, with the magic of Christmas, dreams really do come true! ;) And the Snow in July ain't bad either!

Garthfan92
10-23-2001, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Moni! That's pretty cool. I like Garth's thinking about the Christmas spirit. We should try harder to keep it around all year!

Lisa