PDA

View Full Version : wedding songs

Kerri
10-21-2001, 07:17 PM
My best friend got married yesterday and had You Had Me From Hello played. My other best friend is engaged. Just curious as to what ya'll had played at your weddings? Or what do you want played at your wedding? Or what do you think is just a pretty wedding song? Or would be a pretty wedding song.
I don't know. My brain is fried. Maybe this makes sense. :P

Vanessa
10-21-2001, 07:35 PM
the song I want playedat my wedding is garth's TMYFML and the song Butterfly Kisses for my dad and I.. I'm a daddy's girl thru and thru :)

vanessa :)

annette
10-22-2001, 12:21 AM
Well, I have been married forever, but I played Nadia's Theme (Young and the Restless), How Deep is Your Love (BeeGee's) and You Light Up My Life (Debby Boone).....the last one wasn't my choice, I had chosen The Way I Feel Tonight (Bay City Rollers) but my uncle taped over it. Said it was too sexual sounding for a church wedding. I was very mad. I wonder if anyone remembers those songs???? ;)

annette

ProducerJ
10-23-2001, 12:13 AM
We had a trio sing at our wedding, nearly 8 years ago. We had Forever's As Far As I Go, by Alabama sung and Battle Hymn of Love by Kathy Mattea. Our first dance was "Everything I Do, I Do For You," by Bryan Adams, from the movie Robin Hood. It was, and still is. our song.

Funny story on Battle Hymn (which is an AWESOME wedding song if you ever need one!) It was written by Paul Overstreet, and we had him in for an interview when he was compiling his book about the way his songs have touched people. And I mentioned that we had one of his songs sung at our wedding and as we were talking about it, he couldn't REMEMBER the song. (I guess cause he's written so many, and not being one he recorded, he didn't have to sing it every night.) Anyway, he tried to get me to sing a bit of it for him, and let me tell you, I don't sing. But I did recite some of the lyrics. How embarrassed I was, telling Paul Overstreet how his song went!

Here is the chorus as I remember it, it is a GREAT song and on Kathy Mattea's greatest hits album, it will give you goosebumps! Kathy was my first celebrity encounter over a decade ago in Bloomington Illinois.

With God as my witness
This vow I will take
To have and to hold you
No other to take.
For rich or for poor
Under skies grey or blue
Till my death,
I will stand by you.

J. <-- sniffling

Kerri
10-23-2001, 10:27 AM
How funny that you had to tell Paul Overstreet about his own song! Bless his heart! He's one of my all time favorite singers/songwriters. I think he's just awesome.
I had a cousin that had Anymore by Travis Tritt played. And my friend also had A Parent's Prayer and Holy Ground played.
I love love songs. I think they're awesome. They're just soo sweet.
Thank ya'll for telling me bout your special songs!

Anonymous
10-23-2001, 11:18 AM
There are a lot of great wedding songs out there. My sister ended her wedding with "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait, which was nice because she's not really a country fan. Other good wedding songs are Me & You by Kenny Chesney, You Won't Ever Be Lonely by Andy Griggs and Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis.

Chris Gaines is The Game
10-27-2001, 11:22 PM
My list of songs would probably be:

Guns N' Roses "November Rain"
Bon Jovi "Thank You For Loving Me"
Trisha & Garth "Where Your Road Leads"
Creed "With Arms Wide Open"

and probably others not mentioned

Kerri
10-28-2001, 07:32 PM
I love that song by Creed. Again, thank ya'll for sharing your songs with me.
But I have to say after seeing all the trouble Joni went to for her wedding, if I were ever so inclined, I'd just run off to Vegas and get married in an Elvis chapel. LOL So much simpler. :P