PDA

View Full Version : Garth Chats???

wizard2C
10-18-2001, 11:00 PM
Hi!

I was wonderin' everyone's opinion about Garth to chat on November 13 when his new CD is released. It annoys me a little.....what, in order to be a Garth fan and have the honor of chatting with him.....he makes the deal with AOL.....and I don't have AOL and I don't want AOL. Is Garth saying that if we don't drink Dr Pepper and use AOL that we're not true fans. He's the one making the $$$ on the deal and not us fans! Just my thoughts.....let's hear yours.

Carol
Wizard2C

-----------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace......"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" :D

Chris Gaines
10-18-2001, 11:04 PM
Garth has had chats on AOL (TWICE) and Yahoo and NBCi.com before..
it's not anything "new" and definately not anything to be "mad" about.

If you don't have AOL ... Garth will probably do a chat with another means sometime in the future. ;)

Jason

Monica Lockhart
10-18-2001, 11:07 PM
I don't think Garth is saying that at all..

He has done chat's before... with Yahoo and TalkCity. I think he will probably do chat's again with them in the future.

Just because Garth is endorsing a product doesn't mean that you have to buy it or like it. I don't think that Garth would ever consider anyone as "not being a fan" just because you don't buy or like a product that he endorses...

Just curious why you would feel this way? Have you read or heard something that would lead you to believe that?

I think it's neat that Garth is going to do an AOL chat. It doesn't bother me a bit... I actually do not like AOL... much prefer my RoadRunner service... but hey, there are alot of Garth Fans that use AOL, so this will be an added extra for them :)

Monica

Chris Gaines
10-18-2001, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by wizard2C
Is Garth saying that if we don't drink Dr Pepper and use AOL that we're not true fans.

Garth would never say ANYONE is a "true" fan.. just cause they do what he does.. Garth would NEVER do that.

Hop eyou get over this :):)

It'll be okay.. but I ain't drinking Pepper just for Garth's sake.. I wouldn't expect anyone too.. and I doubt he does either :)

Jason

Cheryl
10-18-2001, 11:14 PM
Is Garth saying that if we don't drink Dr Pepper and use AOL that we're not true fans.

LOL...I think Garth would be the LAST person on earth to say such a thing! I dont like Dr. Pepper and I dont have AOL either....nor do I intend to get it. **shrugs** Not a big deal. I'll just wait for somebody to post a transcript.....fellow Garthnutts have never failed yet to share what they hear Garth say. :)

garthfamily
10-18-2001, 11:25 PM
Carol,

Does that mean you have to drink Pepsi to be a fan of Michael Jackson's or you have to buy Air Jordans to like Michael Jordan. Garth is endorsing a product he likes. I don't believe in any way that he would consider anyone who doesn't like Dr Pepper not a "True Fan"

As for the chat, I have AOL I like AOL if I had another provider I would check with friends to see if they could get me online. I have seen that Garth has done chats on Yahoo and Others.

Garth didn't decide to do endorsemnts for Dr. Pepper or a chat for AOL to spite anyone.

You know the saying You can't please everyone.

Just my two cents

Sharon

Garth_FANtasizer
10-19-2001, 06:25 AM
I'm laughing and shaking my head in disbelief!

No matter what the man does, or doesn't do, someone will find a way to accuse him of something, or get upset over it.

Whats next? Are the vegetarian fans going to be upset that he eats tacos?

I guess that Garth doesn't care about me because I don't have AOL - BUT he must care about my daughter because she does! (she isn't a fan, but that doesn't matter, right?)

Garth mentioned in his press conference that he taped "Think with your heart" up all around the house. Maybe he should put one up that says "Who will I pi$$ off toady."

~Ann~

missy1462
10-19-2001, 10:38 AM
Standing up applauding Ann. I don't understand thinking that we aren't Garth fans because we don't like the product he is endorsing. I wouldn't expect Garth to endorse only those products that I use.

In my opinion it takes a really big man to stand up and say that he is not going to endose something that he personally doesn't believe in.

Missy

loreli
10-19-2001, 10:55 AM
Jason...can you get into the chat through AOL.com?

Just curious ;)

Ann...you are so right :)

Lori

wizard2C
10-19-2001, 05:15 PM
Hi!

Thanks, all for the comments. I don't know..it just seems everyone today is wheelin' and dealin' something. See I thought that Garth didn't do endorsements....I mean who sponsored all his tours? I don't remember any commercials in the past either???? Oh well, times they are a changin'....gotta go with the flow as they say!

Carol
Wizard2C

--------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace...."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" :D

smitten
10-19-2001, 06:14 PM
Ann, Bravo - Brave - well said.

Carol,
Alot of other entertainers have not had the smarts to manage and control their own career. Garth has! He is a smart operator as one hell of a talented muso - what a package!

Music operates in a commercial world - why shouldn't he endorse a product that he likes.

Man I don't think I ever ever want to be famous, people taking you apart bit by bit. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I've just never undersood it :(

Annette :)

Chris Gaines
10-19-2001, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by loreli
Jason...can you get into the chat through AOL.com?

Just curious ;)

Ann...you are so right :)

Lori nope Lori,..

can only get to AOL Chats.. with AOL itself.

Jason