PDA

View Full Version : Garth/Wayne Co-writing....

JohnMC
10-17-2001, 11:24 PM
So garth changed 3 tiny things on Wrapped Up In You and gets credit for being a co-writer???

He changed "I love you like a CRUNER loves a melody" to 'lyric'...
"I need you like a DREAMER needs a wishing well." to 'penny'...
The "deep as any love can grow" is hypercritical kinda cause usually growing symblizes a growtthh..... which wayne accomplished the personification really well.

I gotta admit, although im a garth fan, the words were much better the way they were. He seemed to re-write it for elementary kids to understand. Disappoints me as much as I have been anticipating this release. Kudos to Wayne though...

To Garth:
I got every album you've put out (even tha hits, collections, box set, as well as some imports from australia) but this is ridiculous. Dont take credit for co-writing if you changed a few things to elementary style songwriting!

Monica Lockhart
10-17-2001, 11:48 PM
Wouldn't Garth have to have Wayne's permission to change the lyrics and then copyright the song as he changed the lyrics?

Seems like Wayne must have given him the okay to be listed as a co-writer...

Moni

annette
10-18-2001, 12:29 AM
Maybe the elementary kids he changed they lyrics for were his three little girls. And maybe he changed it so those three little girls could see how much their Daddy wanted to sing a song for them to let us all know how much he loves them so that we would understand why he is so happy to be where he is right now. :) Which, of course would make me respect him even more. :)

annette

fuzzwuzz
10-18-2001, 02:07 AM
I'd have to say it's Garth who's been generous with Wayne on the Chris Gaines stuff alone. Also Wayne bragged on his own site that he recorded Wrapped Up in You with Garth and that he hoped it would be included on Garth's next album. And now look! It's the first single!! Way to go Wayne!!

redstrokes77
10-18-2001, 08:27 AM
I heard a story from one of Garth's co-writers (don't ask me which). There were three guys "writing" the song. He said Garth wrote the song with the exception of the chorus which was written by the second guy. The third guy said he amde the coffee and Garth gave him a writing credit!

deb

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-18-2001, 08:52 AM
Oh Annette ~ my thoughts exactly!

Dale ~ yep yep yep! Cudos to both Wayne & Garth :D

CC

JohnMC
10-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Ok! His little girls! that actually makes sense.. Hmmmph! True fans at planet garth eh!?

:):):)

annette
10-19-2001, 12:32 AM
:)

kendrome
10-19-2001, 12:40 AM
Personally I like the changes Garth made, and of course love the way he sung it. I understand if you would like it before the changes, it's all cool. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Joshua