PDA

View Full Version : Question about THIS IS GARTH BROOKS, TOO!

serling307
10-17-2001, 05:55 PM
Could anyone tell me what songs were on "This is Garth Brooks, Too?" I know it had "Standing Outside the Fire", "Ain't Goin' Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up," and "The Thunder Rolls". I was wondering if it had "Callin' Baton Rouge" and "The River" since he seems to be wearing the same outfit in those videos. And what songs did he wear those cool-looking sunglasses on? Also, does anyone know why it was never released to video? On the video collection vol. 2, it said, "Coming soon to video . . . " and that was in 1996 . . .
If anybody can answer any of these questions I'd be grateful . ..
thanx in advance.

PJ
10-17-2001, 06:02 PM
Yes, Callin' Baton Rouge and The River were included. Garth wore the glasses during Kickin' and Screamin'. It also includes We Shall be Free including backup choir. No idea why it was never released, but I keep hoping.

serling307
10-18-2001, 08:47 PM
You've just made my YEAR, man!!! I'd found somebody who said they would dub me a copy of where they had taped it off TV for free, but they said they didn't remember "Baton Rouge" and I think they said "The River" wasn't on it either. I have been dying to see him do Baton Rouge live in the old days, you know, right after the album came out. That's probably my favorite song he's ever done. Thanx for answering my post, man. And yeah, I wish Garth or whoever puts out his videos had an e-mail address and we'd round up a posse to request that video until they put it out . . . soon as it comes out, I'll be down at the Sound Shop with bells on . . .

GBJR77
10-20-2001, 05:42 PM
okay, from the best of my memory:

Standing Outside The Fire (with the fire shooting from the stage)
American Honky-Tonk Bar Association
That Summer
The Thunder Rolls (with the rain on the crowd)
One Night A Day (w/GB playing Sax)
Kickin' and Screamin (with the sunglasses)
We Shall Be Free (with the choir in the aisles)
The River
Ain't Goin' Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up)(where GB flys through tx stdm)

there is NO callin baton rouge on the show, although a video for CMT and such was made, using the concert footage, and crowd noise, using the studio track for the vocals of GB and the band.

hope this helps!!! I also remember the promo on the video collection two saying this was coming to video soon. although, it has not been released. last I remember, the same guy working on the Ireland and Back special was working on this too, but I guess nothing came from it.... :-(

Kelly Ray

diem nash
10-21-2001, 01:42 PM
Hi!
I have it. Itīs great. It includes "We shall be free", "Standing outside the fire", "The red strokes" and "The chance". There are also statements of Garth about the making of and some private stories about. Itīs real interesting and funny. ITīS JUST GARTH!!!!
:-)

justus
10-21-2001, 02:01 PM
I was just thinking about that today!

My oldest was in the hospital the night that aired, so I never got a chance to tape that one. When we were talking to Garth, I told him he need to release Ireland And Back pre-recorded. He laughed and said "You mean you don't have that??" I said we have it taped from the TV, but Adam can't stand the commercials! He never did say if he was releasing it or not and I forgot to ask about This Is Garth Brooks Too. The first one is one of Adam's favorites...who am I kidding? They are ALL Adam's favorites!!

Paige

serling307
10-23-2001, 07:06 AM
Gee, now I don't know what to think. Was "Baton Rouge" there or not? He's said it was one of his favorites and he looked forward to it every night. And that was right after the album "In Pieces' came out . . . but I've heard lots of people say it wasn't on it. Then that guy said it _was_ on it, and someone even said "Red STrokes" was on it, which would surprise me. Anyway, I just can't wait to see that one. No matter what all songs it has, it just looks awesome. And I've never seen him do "Standing Outside the Fire" in concert. Gee I wish I had gotten to go to one of his shows before he retired . . . well anyway, if anyone knows for positive what songs are on the video could you tell me please? I'm just all dazed and confused over this one. Is the movie really short though, because most of his specials had at least like fifteen songs and this one seems to only have like 9 or 10 . ..

ADcrzy4GB
10-25-2001, 11:57 AM
I taped it off of T.V. when it originally aired and they didn't show "Callin' Baton Rouge" but he DID sing it. It was later aired on Austin City Limits and that's where they showed him singing it along with some other songs that they didn't originally show, but I didn't get a chance to tape it:-(

-AMANDA BROOKE-

garth_fan_1991
09-04-2006, 11:28 PM
okay, from the best of my memory:

Standing Outside The Fire (with the fire shooting from the stage)
American Honky-Tonk Bar Association
That Summer
The Thunder Rolls (with the rain on the crowd)
One Night A Day (w/GB playing Sax)
Kickin' and Screamin (with the sunglasses)
We Shall Be Free (with the choir in the aisles)
The River
Ain't Goin' Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up)(where GB flys through tx stdm)

there is NO callin baton rouge on the show, although a video for CMT and such was made, using the concert footage, and crowd noise, using the studio track for the vocals of GB and the band.

hope this helps!!! I also remember the promo on the video collection two saying this was coming to video soon. although, it has not been released. last I remember, the same guy working on the Ireland and Back special was working on this too, but I guess nothing came from it.... :-(

Kelly Ray

actually it want aired but, they did actaulyy record that song that way befor it was aird

Crazyfan2000
09-06-2006, 07:49 AM
will this show come to DVD at some point?

garth_fan_1991
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I hope so ive been dyin to see the whole dang thing since it firts aired!

Red_Stroke
09-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Everyone is kinda keeping their fingers crossed as the Christmas season gets closer. Rumors of DVD's being released.

garth_fan_1991
09-08-2006, 03:56 PM
yea i would also like to see his first and second world your released

Crazyfan2000
09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
are the rumours of the DVD's true?!

Red_Stroke
09-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I dunno if it's true or not, no official word has been said that I know of. But Garth is definitely LOOOONG overdue for his VHS releases to be released in DVD format. I don't know what is going on, maybe some record label/legal/copyright conflicts? When and if it happens, it will be a good day.