PDA

View Full Version : A Dilemna - Garth at the Ryman?

DixieChick4GB
10-16-2001, 11:09 PM
Brooks said he will appear on the Grand Ole Opry during the Christmas season

Garth says, that out of reverence, he will never play at the Ryman.

The Opry is at the Ryman from November until February.

So how's it gonna go down?
Elaine

Monica Lockhart
10-17-2001, 12:38 AM
Alot of us have been wondering the same thing since Garth made that comment at the Press Conference last week.

Hopefully we will get more information soon :)

Monica

jstensig
10-17-2001, 06:52 AM
Why is it moved back into the Ryman???

Jakob

GBShameless
10-17-2001, 06:58 AM
I could be wrong, but for some reason the Roy Acuff Theatre is stuck in my head for where he is going to be in December, I'm not sure though.

Robin :) :)

PJ
10-17-2001, 07:37 AM
The Acuff Theater was mentioned for a show with some other performers/songwriters, not the Opry.

CheyenneWindRoper
10-17-2001, 11:23 AM
Robin, he mentioned doing a Cancer Charity Fund Raiser at the Roy Acuff theatre & here in Wyoming! (Yaaay!) He also mentioned doing his standard December show at the Opry. I bet he won't though when he find out that this year the December shows will be at the Ryman. He will probably delay his appearance there until the Opry goes back to the new building for regular shows.

Just my humble opinion.
:)
Mary Liz

ProducerJ
10-17-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by jstensig
Why is it moved back into the Ryman???

Jakob
The Opry usually does a stint at the Ryman in January and / or February. Those are their slow months, so by moving it to a different (and smaller) venue they create excitement AND pack the house.

This year, the Rockettes are doing a holiday show at the Opry House in November and December, so they extended the run of the Ryman in order to be able to book the Rockettes.

J.