PDA

View Full Version : WUIY on the Billboard Charts....how high do you want to see it go?

Cheryl
10-16-2001, 02:09 AM
http://www.bdsonline.com/stations/stations3.shtml#country

The stations listed at the link given above are the ones Billboard uses to compile their country chart. It is important that these stations hear from us! :)

We can help send Wrapped Up in You right on up the charts....but we need to REQUEST it from the stations that actually count!

Sooooo.....fellow Garthnutts, your mission, should you choose to accept: REQUEST! And request often! :)

nelty
10-16-2001, 02:13 AM
Consider it DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelly:):)

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 02:17 AM
Request and Request and Request!

Thanks Cheryl for this information!

-Diane

CheyenneWindRoper
10-16-2001, 12:39 PM
I guess I am going to have to start calling KYGO in Denver! Too bad they don't have Cheyenne on there as they have been playing a lot of Garth around here lately! And........ I am lovin' it!

:)
Mary Liz

GBShameless
10-16-2001, 12:46 PM
I'm requesting. Just sent two emails to our Boston Station. They have been playing it alot and I thanked them for that, but I will keep bugging them. :) :)

Robin :) :)

MDgarthgirl
10-16-2001, 12:49 PM
...If we could squeeze him in above #2, I'd sleep a lot happier. ;)

I've got all the Nashville reporting stations programmed already. It's good I don't have "station loyalty" so I can call ALL of them relentlessly! LOL

Nash

CountryBee
10-16-2001, 01:24 PM
Not one of these stations is any that can I listen to. The two closest stations are ones that I can not receive signals from. They are either too far away or there are hills blocking their signals. Also any phone calls from me would long distance calls.
Is there any place where I can find web sites or e-mail addresses for these stations?
Bee

P. S. If we had e-mail addresses for these stations, then everyone at Planet Garth could request the new song. We could overwhelm them with requests. I believe that once people get to hear this new song a few times, they will want their radio station to continue playing it.

missy1462
10-16-2001, 03:40 PM
CountryBee,
You said you would like to have the e-mail addresses for some of the radio stations. What I did was to do a search for the city and state you are interested in finding. Just look around and you can usually find something about radio/tv stations (sometimes you can find this info. if the county has a chamber of commerce web site), and alot of the time you can find the e-mail addresses for the radio stations.
:D

Missy

honky
10-16-2001, 05:13 PM
I requested the song on a few country stations.. lol

Tommy

boppityboo
10-16-2001, 06:06 PM
How do you find out what dial number the station is on? Last night my radio station had a request show at 9pm. The dj said just about every other call was for Wrapped Up In You. So we are definately doing our part. They play WUIY and BR a lot, which is great.:) I haven't called them to request it as it seems that every one else is already. lol. I love it.

Ellie :)

Cheryl
10-16-2001, 09:48 PM
Well....we could all post what info we have on any of the stations on the list. Might be interesting to see how many of these stations will be hearing from PGers! :)

Chicago, IL
WUSN - US99, 99.5 on FM dial
www.us99country.com
1-312-591-US99

Paula
10-16-2001, 10:32 PM
Good idea, Cheryl.

Boston, MA
WKLB - 99.5 FM (coincidentally the same frequency)
www.wklb.com (email contact information on site)
1-888-784-0995

Paula

sandytoo
10-16-2001, 10:56 PM
OK, I have Atlanta:

WKHX - 101.5 - www.wkhx.com - 404-741-1015

and

WYAY - 106.7 - www.wyay.com - 404-741-1067

We need all of the help we can get here in Atlanta !! Just ask Garth !!

MT4GB
10-16-2001, 11:10 PM
This morning when I went outside to start the car and defrost the windows they were talking about "Wrapped Up In You" and asking people's opinions on the song! I missed hearing the song once again! GRRRR! The lady who called in said she is a major Garth fan and said she loves it and has brought everything that Garth has come out with! Way to go-some very smart people in Helena! hehehe!

I do not know the e-mail address of the radio station-KBLL 99.5 FM Helena! Darn it I keep missing the song! At least I heard "Beer Run" and love it!

Nancy

ferretcrazy
10-17-2001, 01:20 AM
Heres mine! www.k100country.com Toledo, Ohio k100. And Ive ONLY heard WUIY twice, and BR never. Only on the top 30 countdown. (R&R)

Joan

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 02:51 AM
;)

missy1462
10-17-2001, 09:42 AM
Here's mine also!!! Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville - North Carolina www.wsslfm.com
I'm working on getting the e-mails for the other stations in NC.

Missy

SweetGBFan
10-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Thought you would like to know first off Scarecrow is #1 on the country album top sellers chart. Also,some of the stations it is very high already on some playlists. Boston KBLA #1 song. One other station cant remember which one on that list WUIY and BR debuted at #7 on their charts. So I guess some stations have it heavy rotation already. Also a DJ from the Boston station said he had nothing but positive feedback on the song and he loves it and so do the other DJs at the station. On the 10th they played it every hour(maybe thats overduing it just a little, and then the next day they put it in their power rotation!!! Very Cool! BTW, that first sentence is for Amazon.com.

SweetGBFan
10-17-2001, 12:02 PM
Also KEEY in Minneapolis another station on the list it debuted on their countdown at 31 and this week it jumped to 21. Their playlist goes by listener request. Pretty cool. It will be interesting to see Gavin,R&R and Billboard how it does this week.

nici
10-17-2001, 12:39 PM
Hey Y'all!

Here's the info for the Portland Maine station WPOR!

http://www.wpor.com/email/index.html

I usually listen to WOKQ in our area, (they play a lot of Garth), and I did request it from there, but I guess I'm gonna have to switch!

How do we find out how it's doing on the charts anyway?

Nici

Cheryl
10-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Here's a link to the Billboard Country Chart: http://www.billboard.com/billboard/charts/airplay/country.jsp

It only shows the top 20, so we wont be able to see WUIY until it moves up some. There are some people here at PG who have access to the full chart, so hopefully they'll keep us updated until then. :)

If I remember right, the chart is updated on Fridays.