PDA

View Full Version : GARTH NOW ENTERTAINS HIS KIDS :o)

nelty
10-15-2001, 11:52 PM
GARTH NOW ENTERTAINS HIS KIDS

Garth Brooks tells us that, yes, he's given up the thing that he does, touring and taking his music to the people. But, now he has three little girls to entertain. "It's fun to entertain my girls, going back and forth, as close as I'm getting to them now. Every day of their life I am in their life now, it isn't, 'Dad's gone on the road for a month, he'll be back.' It's great. I know their friends, I know their hobbies, I know their work, I know their manners and I know their thoughts and any time now that you leave you find yourself alone and missing them."

www.countrystars.com

One comment from me, :) from ear to ear.

Nelly

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 12:08 AM
Nelly...
thanks for sharing that!
I'm glad he's enjoying being a Daddy so much! :)

-Diane

justus
10-16-2001, 09:43 AM
His girls are at such cool ages too! My last three are all within a year of the girls (Alex-11-91,Bria-7-93,Brittani-2-96 and 2 days after Garth's!!)...so much to look forward to!!! LOL
Since my oldest daughter is a year younger than Taylor, I would sure love some pointers!! Hint,hint ;)

Paige

CheyenneWindRoper
10-16-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by nelty

One comment from me, :) from ear to ear.

Boy are we both looking like two Cheshire cats or what Nelly?

:)
Mary Liz

MDgarthgirl
10-16-2001, 11:45 AM
*bittersweet sigh*

...Just keep telling me stuff like that. :)
I'll only be happy when Garth goes if Garth's happy when Garth goes.

Thanks for the note, Nelly. :)

Nash

boppityboo
10-16-2001, 01:02 PM
Thanks Nelly. You are always so good at finding little bits for us to devour. lol

Paige, I know what you mean. My three girls are close in ages to his three. Emily is actually 2 years older than Taylor, but Kaitlyn is 6 months older than August and my Stefani is only 3 months older than Allie. I feel for him, Taylor is 9, whew! He can ask me for tips as I've gone through the pre-pre-teen stage once so far. lol. My youngest is such a character at 5. If Garth gets even half the pleasure that I get from her (and the other two)he would never, never go back to touring. Way to to Daddy Garth. Your kids will always remember the time you spend with them.

Ellie :)

nelty
10-16-2001, 03:34 PM
Hi Mary Liz...

lol.. I have no idea what Cheshire cats are but I trust ya... what ever it is. it can't be that bad if you are it too... :p

Nelly:):):)

ps: You're all very welcome. :) Glad to do it...

boppityboo
10-16-2001, 04:34 PM
Nelly, you familiar with Alice In Wonderland? That is where the Cheshire Cat grin came from.:) This cat would keep appearing and re-appearing in front of Alice and would become invisible except for his very wide grin which looked like he had a delicious secret or like he got the cream. You understand? lol Or it could be described as a smug look on his face. Am I wrong ppl? Anyway when ppl give you that secret smile, like I know something you don't, that is referred to a Cheshire Cat grin. :)

Ellie :)

OOPS! Sorry Mary Liz, I answered for you again.

nelty
10-16-2001, 04:47 PM
LAMO.... Thanks Ellie... lol...

I finally realized what it was when I was driving home from the computer lab... I was laughing my head off cause I was soooooo tired.

Don't worry, I had just exited the highway when I started to laugh.

Thanks.. Ellie

I finally realized what it was when I was driving home from the computer lab... I was laughing my head off cause I was soooooo tired.

Don't worry, I had just exited the highway when I started to laugh.

Me;;u

CheyenneWindRoper
10-16-2001, 04:51 PM
Ellie ~

You go right ahead! ANYTIME! Your answer was great and acurate!

Yep, I have a grin as big as the Cheshire Cat knowing life is so fullfilling, happy and good for Garth now.

:) <----BIG one too!
Mary Liz

Vanessa
10-16-2001, 09:27 PM
that's very sweet:) It sounds like he's having a wonderful time being thier daddy :)

Vanessa :)

OkieandloyalGBfan
10-16-2001, 09:58 PM
You have to admire a man who has his priorities straight. Maybe there are men in this world who give half a d*mn about the people around them. I could almost have faith in the species again. Not quite, but almost.

I could say more, but this was supposed to be a happy topic, I think...Anyway, thanks for the quote, Nelly.

Deanna

Honeybunny31
10-16-2001, 10:47 PM
How sweet!!!!

What a guy!!!

Thanks for sharing Nelly..

Peace,

Lisa

nelty
10-17-2001, 10:17 AM
WHOA!!!! I must be real tired to even spell my name wrong... lol. :eek:

You're welcome... :)

Nelly

Garthfan92
10-17-2001, 07:45 PM
Knowing Garth is really happy again makes me just as happy! I can't help but get emotional every time he talks about the girls though. I've mentioned before what I went through with my father and how he treated us. Every time Garth talks about the girls just makes me realize how very lucky they are to have such incredibly loving parents. I also agree that we won't see him back on the road anytime soon. That time together with the girls is too precious for him to ever give up again!

Lisa (smiling through her tears)

LVGB4EVER
10-17-2001, 08:11 PM
:) As Garth would say "Very Cool" :)

Wish my kids had a Dad like Garth :(

Take Care
Sue ;)

wmcinnis
10-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Great article Nelly:) Garth's back and even though it's not on a stage in front of thousands of fans, those three little girls have brought back the spirit in Garth we've all known to love:) It's great to see that smile again and to hear it in his voice also:)
-Susan-

fuzzwuzz
10-18-2001, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I know all about that chessie grin, but it's the look in Garth's eyes that goes with it that gets me a little nervous at times!!

It's great to see him enjoying a normal back in Oklahoma where everybody knows him more as the girl's dad.