PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Garth Song

boppityboo
10-15-2001, 12:43 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum but there is a song currently on radio that I wish Garth had sung. It would soo totally suit him and I wouldn't be surprised if he knew of this song but the other singer got it before him. :( Maybe some of you have heard it. It's called "Riding With Private Malone" ( I think) It's sung by David Ball, remember him, (I've Got a Thinking Problem). If you heard it, I think you will agree. I could really see Garth singing it. David does a good job on it though. Just though I'd share my thoughts. :)What do you think?

Ellie :)

countyfair_85
10-15-2001, 12:48 PM
Ellie,

I have heard it ...a couple of times!

Wow...that song gives me chills clear through my body!

Like "The Dance" does...

-Diane

Garth_FANtasizer
10-15-2001, 12:54 PM
They play the heck out of it here!

It's a great story song. I can hear Garth singing this! :)

~Ann~

versace_girl
10-15-2001, 12:58 PM
i aint heard this song sob sob dont supposed anyone has a lil link or somthing hint hint:)

Garthmedic
10-15-2001, 04:00 PM
I love the lyrics, just can't stand the tune.

--spud--:)

Darrell
10-15-2001, 05:28 PM
Can't imagine Garth singing this one. Although I do like the song. They play it alot down here. It just doesn't sound Garthish *lol*

Paula
10-15-2001, 08:00 PM
I love this song. In fact, I just bought the CD "Amigo" and the whole CD is terrific. Although my radio station is playing "Riding With Private Malone" a lot, I doubt they'll play any of the other singles that are released, just because they are "too country."

Paula

honky
10-15-2001, 08:28 PM
Ellie,

I was thinking about the same thing!!!!

I really like "Private Malone" ;) Whenever I hear this one, I can imagine Garth doing it ;)

Tommy

holdon81
10-15-2001, 09:31 PM
i absolutely adore this song! the first time i heard it, i was riveted. of course i think that had something to do with the mention of an old chevy... and when he mentioned the kind of car, i literally gasped. i dont think this song could have come out at a better time, what with so many of us worried about friends or family being sent overseas and all. this weekend we were travelling, and the gal who was driving said she didnt like the song, and she almost changed the station. but when i told her i loved it, she left it on for me. ive only heard it 4 times, but i can tell you almost every word by heart, which for me indicates just how much those lyrics mean.

as for garth singing it, i havent really thought much about it, but im not sure it would work for him. it has such a simple, oldfashioned feel to it, and garth has never been simple or oldfashioned (not that thats a bad thing...) maybe an alan jackson type i could see, but not garth.

great song nonetheless!

sarah

Vanessa
10-15-2001, 10:24 PM
OMG!!! I LOVE this song!!! it's the only one I listen to on David Balls' CD..the only 1 I like of course!! :rolleyes: :D

Garth would do a WOBDERFUL job singing this song, IMO :) GREAT idea Ellie :)

Vanessa :)

Yukongirls
10-15-2001, 11:45 PM
They play it so much here that they drove it into the ground. :rolleyes:

Its a good song but we don't want to hear it for awhile. ;)

L & M

Trishy
10-15-2001, 11:52 PM
You guys will probably think I'm crazy....but...I would love to hear Garth sing:

"When you love a woman"....by Bryan Adams. Garth would make me absolutely melt with that one...and I think it would fit his voice good.

Then, that new one from Jodie Messina, "Bring on the rain"...Garth should have snatched that one. Jodie is awesome, but Garth...(sigh). It's sounds Very Garthy to me (with Trisha singing background of course)

Lastly, I don't know why....but I would LOVE to hear him sing "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company. I think he really could rock on that song.

Any comments?

Trishy

boppityboo
10-16-2001, 04:42 PM
Hey Trishy, welcome to PG, btw. :)

There was a thread a long time ago with that exact question. What songs would you like Garth to sing or something like that. :) I'm sure it's archived here somewhere. It was really interesting. There are lots of songs that I think Garth would have done well on, but of course cannot think of any right now. lol

Ellie :)

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 09:06 PM
Ellie,

I can think of one song that I actually thought was Garth the first time I heard it on the radio...
"Amazed"...
Especially the last part....with that long drawn out "Youuuuuuuuu"...
like Garth includes in some of his songs...
even this new release of "Wrapped up in You"....
there's a long drawn out "Youuuuuuuuuuuuu"...
:)

-Diane