PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Garth will pull everything?

SweetGBFan
10-15-2001, 06:14 AM
If this song does not do well on the charts do you think that Garth could become discouraged and pull everything? What if he decided that country music didnt like what he does anymore and pulls the CD, the single and the video? I know he cant pull the Dr. Pepper commercial because he is committed to that, but if country radio rejects him and he is disheartend enough he could say to heck with it all and pull all his stuff. God, that would be horrible. I mean he has had other first releases off new albums that did not chart well, like WSBF, The Change, The Fever and now they are some of his fans most favorite songs. I worry that this could happen. Do I sound like a worrier, well I guess I am. I would be devasted if Garth did that!

Pilgrim
10-15-2001, 06:28 AM
You definitely sound like a worrier:eek:

I think you are overreacting a bit too much:)

But IF he puled the album I am sure he would be more unpopular than ever before.
There is no way people/fans would agree with that, and those who does, do it because they think they can gain something from him by being nice (read a sheep).

It would be backstabbing the fans:(

Brian

nelty
10-15-2001, 09:38 AM
I'm with Brian on this, you are really over-reacting... I'm worried too but you need to calm down. Sit down, relax and stop posting negative stuff, ok???;)

Nelly

Garth_FANtasizer
10-15-2001, 09:44 AM
Why in world would he even consider that? :confused:

Garth NEVER would have made the music on this CD if he wasn't sure it was something he could be proud of!

The two songs that I've heard so far, I am wrapped up in! :) I love them, and I am proud of Garth and the music!

I say full speed ahead - Buckle up! :)

~Ann~

gbroadtrip
10-15-2001, 10:17 AM
I'm sure the masters has already been turned over to Capital or would have to be shortly in order to have all the CD's pressed and shipped to stores in time for a release. Don't you guys think it may take at least a few weeks to produce a million or even more CD's... then you gotta ship then to retail. This all takes time so once you put that ball in motion jumping infront and saying stop would take some massive influence and manuvering. If he wanted, or felt a need to test the waters on how receptive the format is to Garth Brooks, don't you think he would have released this single before this? Even earlier then it was when it got postponed due to the September 11th events (which was origianaly Beer Run- not Wrapped Up In You.) Perhaps MUCH sooner say, a little single from a movie that was never officialy released as a single? Just my 2 cents!

Shannon

kristen166
10-15-2001, 10:20 AM
It is too early to worry about all that.:)

But if that is what happens then that is what happens and life goes on.:)

I don't see him doing that, even if the song is bad.:)

Darrell
10-15-2001, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SweetGBFan
If this song does not do well on the charts do you think that . I mean he has had other first releases off new albums that did not chart well, like WSBF, The Change, The Fever and now they are some of his fans most favorite songs. like !

The Change and The Fever weren't first releases. They were from Fresh Horses. I believe "She's every Woman" was the first single followed a few weeks later by "The Fever". The Change was released at the time of the OK City bombing. I'm not sure it was ever meant to be a single. :)

Wendi5000
10-15-2001, 11:33 AM
Well, he did pretty much call it quits on everything for a while after the industry rejected the Chris Gaines project... so it's a valid concern.

I don't really think Garth would do something that childish though :).