PDA

View Full Version : Re: Does Anyone Know?....

Dakota-Blue
10-13-2001, 09:33 AM
Ok ever since I saw the word I've been trying to find it. I have searched every dictionary that I can find and nothing. Does anyone know what the word sepiatone means? Garth said it in a quote at the PC when he was talking about the Scarecrow. Its been driving me crazy (ok, ok, more than normal LOL) trying to find out the meaning of this word. Producer J do you have any thoughts or knowledge of this word? I never knew it existed. Thanks.

Jules
10-13-2001, 09:51 AM
Well, the term isn't in my dictionary either... (I have more dictionaries back at my place - I'll try looking it up when I get home) but the one that I do have here has a term called "sepia" and that translates in to both an "octopus" and some kind of "ink" or "dye"... Does that help?? I don't know the context so it's kind of difficult to know if I'm on the right track...

Betina :)

countyfair_85
10-13-2001, 09:59 AM
I don't know how the word was used in context...

Could it be linked to "Musical" terms?

Try this place...maybe you can find what your looking for:

http://www.m-w.com

-Diane

Pilgrim
10-13-2001, 11:27 AM
This may help you:)

I think they are old pictures or old looking pictures:)

http://www.ancientfaces.com/cgi-bin/shop/displayitem.cfm?IID=82

Brian

Pilgrim
10-13-2001, 11:34 AM
grrrrrrr

CheyenneWindRoper
10-13-2001, 11:48 AM
Sepiatone is a soft beige, creams and muted browns. Just like the colors on the new Album cover.

I took Garth's comment to mean, you take something new and put a bit of an "old look/appeal" to it. Like when you see ppl dress up in vintage costumes and have a brand new, old fashion picture taken. This also explains him wearing the jacket from the first album cover on this one...going back to the original somewhat.

Hope this helps a little.

:)
Mary Liz

redstrokes77
10-13-2001, 04:33 PM
I have pictures of my Grandparents using the same brown/black combo and the colours themselves have never faded even though they are almost 100 years old!

Sephia according to the dictionary means "a brownish grey to dark brown"

deb

BLL
10-13-2001, 08:55 PM
sepia is a noun, meaning dark brown...often in small towns the photo processing was subjective; images would be recorded on glass and then developed to paper, but the ink was often homemade and ground from whatever local herb produced a dark tone, which was often brown and not back. Sepia tone is often much more poignant than straight black/white/gray tonalities.

Dakota-Blue
10-14-2001, 11:51 AM
Thank you to you all. You have indeed helped me out. I never would have found out what that word meant without you :) Once again, you guys came to the rescue. I don't know what it is about me, I just have to find out the meaning of these strange words. LOL.

I am looking forward to receiving Garth's latest CD with bated breath and yes, it does have a sepiatone look to it LOL. Lord...its time for me to go now. Thanks again for the help.