PDA

View Full Version : GB TY Duet - Squeeze Me In (lyrics)

racmac
10-13-2001, 04:02 AM
Hi,

As we all wait in anticiaption of the new GB cd for those interested I thought I would post the lyrics to the new Garth & Trisha duet that is on it.

If the song is as up tempo as the version that Delbert has on his cd this is going to be AWESOME! I can see Garth & Trisha just running away with it and making it theirs.

If any of the words are incorrect I apologise now, I typed them out from the mp3 I have here.

Squeeze Me In
(Delbert McClinton)

Hey……

Well honey I know you've got a good job
You're out there making all of that dough
Well they keep you late working that overtime
I don't ever see you no more
I guess you're not checking your message machine
Seem like you're never in
Well I got a hunch if we could just do lunch
I could get your attention again

I know you got your schedule and your keeping it tight
But you got something going morning noon and night
I got something I know you gonna like
So honey can you squeeze me in

I got a circle in red on the calendar baby
You told me that tonight's the night
I got a champagne chilled, got a gourmet meal
Soft music and candlelight
I try to get you on the phone I get stuck on hold
I guess you keep getting sidetracked
I've been faxing you love notes all day long
But you don't ever fax me back

I know you got your schedule and your keeping it tight
But you got something going morning noon and night
I got something I know you gonna like

Whoever said it's a mans world
Don't know what they're talking about
You got me working round the clock
Honey trying to figure you out
I know that time is money
But there more to life honey
Than how much you got to spend
You got to make a little time for the good time

Well whoever said it's a mans world
Don't know what they're talking about
You got me working round the clock
Honey trying to figure you out
Time is money
But there more to life honey
Than how much you got to spend

Honey can you squeeze me in

Cant wait to hear this!

Rachael

honky
10-13-2001, 04:31 AM
HHmmmm.. how do u know the lyrics??? :eek:

I thought the album has not out yet :eek:

But thanks for sharing!! ;)

Tommy

racmac
10-13-2001, 04:41 AM
LOL Tommy...

I wish I could say I have the cd but I don't. It was mentioned the song was by Delbert McClinton so through him I found the song and lyrics.

:)

Rachael

honky
10-13-2001, 04:41 AM
:eek:

The song is also another version of somebody else's :eek:.. interesting... ;)

Tommy

KindanewGarthfan
10-13-2001, 06:14 AM
Oh WOW I can't wait to hear them sing this, it'll be electric
I love their duets

Thanks for posting the lyrics Rachael, they sound really cool, and it definately sounds like it'll be a real sassy song :D

Hannah:)

Pilgrim
10-13-2001, 07:28 AM
Thanks but disappointing:(

Brian

GBarb
10-13-2001, 05:58 PM
How many of the songs on the new CD are actually NEW songs? Sounds like a lot of them are remakes. And Garth supposedly went through 10,000 (or some such number) songs to find just the right ones. I am really looking forward to its release, and I am going to buy it, but I find it puzzling that so many of the songs aren't actually new material.

That said, someone who has an advance copy of the CD says it is wonderful, and that anyone who is a fan of Garth's will love it, as it has a good mix; a rodeo tune, a duet with Trisha, a good beer drinkin' tune, honky tonk boogie, country tinged rock, and 70s style ballad. It was also said that it is obvious Garth had a blast making it, and I'm very happy about that. Can't wait to hear the whole thing!

Barb

countyfair_85
10-13-2001, 06:06 PM
thanks for posting the lyrics!
Sounds like it will be a great duet with Trisha!

-Diane :)

garthworshiper
10-13-2001, 06:33 PM
Thanks for posting the lyrics Rachael I love their duets

Do you think Garth and Trisha are..er..y'know...itemized!
There was heeps of speculation when the divorce was anounced
but nothing since. Maybe thats why Garth's so happy !

countyfair_85
10-13-2001, 07:11 PM
I'm curious how many verses of the song will be altered
like the few words in the song "Wrapped Up In You"...

Barb...
sounds like a large variety of songs Garth has offered on
the "Scarecrow"...
do you know any or all of the titles also?

-Diane

honky
10-13-2001, 08:54 PM
lol.. so far we know that "Beer Run" is original...

Tommy

Hawk7lte
10-14-2001, 01:16 AM
Country Star Garth Brooks Unveils New Album
Tuesday, October 9, 2001
Reuters. Pat Harris

"NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Asked if he would ever return to the concert stage, Brooks said: ``At this point, I don't believe so.''

The performer said he is concentrating on his children and that he regarded the trade-off between being a full-time father and a performer as ``awesome.''

Since Brooks and his wife, Sandy, filed for divorce months ago, he has been living in a rural area near ..... The divorce is not yet final. "

(As posted on main page of this forum)

I don't question why Garth is happy. I'm just happy that he is.

Hawk

ProducerJ
10-14-2001, 01:23 AM
Squeeze Me In is on Delbert's latest album, so it's not really a remake. The song was probably being pitched all over town earlier this year. Delbert just got his album out first. And since Garth and Delbert have such very different audiences, I'm sure it wasn't a big deal to Garth that Delbert had it out first.

If I wasn't so tired I'd come up with other examples of songs that appeared on more than one album around the same time. Someone want to help me out here?
J.

wmcinnis
10-14-2001, 05:03 AM
Thanks for posting these lyrics Rachael, now I can't wait to hear it:)

Joyce,
I can only think of one offhand and that was "Back At One" released by both Mark Wills and Brian McKnight:)
I think I heard Mark's first and then Brian's shortly after.
-Susan-

Garth_FANtasizer
10-14-2001, 06:54 AM
Thanks for posting the lyrics!

I bet they had a blast recording it! I can't wait to hear it or better yet, see them sing it! They are awesome together!

Joyce - The song that comes to my mind is "How Do I Live" with Trisha and LeAnn. (I love Trisha's! :) )

~Ann~

Katy Wildabeast
10-14-2001, 10:23 AM
I am so excited about another Garth and Trisha duet! I am almost as big a Trisha fan as I am a Garth fan....almost. I have all of her albums and I just think she's wonderful, they sound so good together.

BTW: Has anyone heard her version of Victim of The Game I really love it, she sounds great.

Katy

KindanewGarthfan
10-14-2001, 03:05 PM
Hey Katy

WOW I didn't know Trisha did a version of 'Victim of the Game' it is such an awsome song. I love Garth singing it and would love to hear Trisha's version, is it on one of her albums? How can I get hold of it?

Paula
10-14-2001, 07:52 PM
Joyce, I can think of two that were on Garth's album and on another artist's album at around the same time. The Thunder Rolls was also on a Tanya Tucker album, and Friends in Low Places was also on a Mark Chesnutt album. Also, there were a couple of John Michael Montgomery songs that were on another artist's album. One was I Swear and the other was I Can Love You Like That that were also done by All-4-One.

Paula

Katy Wildabeast
10-14-2001, 08:37 PM
Hannah,

It is very easy to get a hold of. It is on Trisha's very first album. It is self-titled and it is the one with "Like we Never Had a Broken Heart" on it. I highly recommend it!

Katy

KindanewGarthfan
10-15-2001, 03:58 PM
Thanks Katy

Thanks for the album info, i'll definately be going to get a copy as soon as I get paid.
I love 'Like we never had a broken heart' its such a wicked song, I heard it for the first time about a month ago, and just thought wow. I can't wait to hear Trishas version of 'Victim of the Game'

Thanks again

Katy Wildabeast
10-15-2001, 06:28 PM
Hannah, if you liked LWNHABH, then you'll love another song she does with Garth. It's called "Where your Road Leads" and it's on the album of the same name. It is SO good. That album is one of my favorites. The song starts out sounding a little like "The Dance" with the first few notes but then it changes and it sounds awesome!

Trisha's version of Victim of the Game isn't QUITE as good as Garth's but then again...what is? LMAO! I think what happened was that he wrote it for her to sing initially and then decided to sing it himself and jazzed it up a bit. But I love Trisha's voice so I think her version sounds beautiful.

Katy

BLL
10-15-2001, 11:26 PM
Hey Katy-

Actually Tony Arata wrote the 'Victim of the Game', not Garth ;)

KindanewGarthfan
10-16-2001, 07:10 AM
Katy,

Thank you so much for all the help, I can see my whole pay packet going on Trisha albums this month, hehehe. Which would work out great, cos next month I can use it all on buying lots of copies of 'Scarecrow', lol.
I've heard 'Where Your Road Leads' from my friends album, and I definately agree, its a fantastic song, I love it so much, and the words are just so lovely. Its quite a powerful song I thought, and it just sent goose bumps down me when I heard it.
Noone can sing like Garth, but I be Trishas version of 'VOTG' is great.
I think my ultimate Garth/Trisha songs are-

1. 'In Anothers Eyes'
2. 'Like we never had a broken heart'
3. 'Where Your Road Leads'

BUT... then againg I also love 'Walkaway Joe', 'Wild As the Wind', ... I think i just love them all

Thanks again, and if you have any more information, it would be much appreachiated

Katy Wildabeast
10-16-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BLL
Hey Katy-

Actually Tony Arata wrote the 'Victim of the Game', not Garth ;)

I was just going by what it said in Trisha's cd jacket. It says it is written by Garth Brooks and Mark Sanders. BTW: That is also what it says on the 'Planet Garth' Song Database. ;)

Hannah, I would recommend more Trisha cd's for you but I'd have you buying everyone of her albums before the week is through!

I just bought the only TY cd I didn't have so my collection is now complete! They are all SOO good so I could never pick my favorite, that would be like picking my favorite Garth Album... I just can't do it!

Katy

Paula
10-16-2001, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by BLL

Hey Katy-

Actually Tony Arata wrote the 'Victim of the Game', not Garth
Originally posted by Katy Wildabeast

I was just going by what it said in Trisha's cd jacket. It says it is written by Garth Brooks and Mark Sanders. BTW: That is also what it says on the 'Planet Garth' Song Database. I bet Barbara was thinking of Face to Face.

Paula

BLL
10-16-2001, 09:46 PM
Katy & Paula

:o :o OOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSS......sorry Katy, Paula's right I was thinking of 'Face to Face'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please forgive me,but they both speak such volumns to me; didn't mean to onfuse them or you!!!:)

But we know that Garth only chooses to sing songs that will rip out you're heart.;)

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 02:48 AM
:)