PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition or Not or BOTH

nelty
10-13-2001, 12:42 AM
Will you buy get the limited edition of "Scarecrow" or not or will you get both???

I'm getting both.. I like both albums.. :D

Nelly

wmcinnis
10-13-2001, 01:35 AM
Whichever one I see first is the one I'm gonna buy!
I'll be too excited to think about it:)
Is it just the cover that's different on the limited edition?
-Susan-

loreli
10-13-2001, 01:39 AM
I'll get both :)

Lori

Anonymous77
10-13-2001, 01:52 AM
I WANT BOTH, BABY!!!!!!!!!

:D

Cheryl
10-13-2001, 02:06 AM
I'm sure I'll be getting several....one or two for me, and more as gifts. If the picture does turn out to be different on the limited edition, then for sure I'll keep one of each for me. If the only difference is a symbol (like on Sevens) then I'll just get one to keep. LOL....the way I figure it, I've got a month to save my pennies! :)

jstensig
10-13-2001, 04:45 AM
Both.:)

Jakob

KindanewGarthfan
10-13-2001, 06:00 AM
I definately want both:p

Hannah:)

GBGirl1
10-13-2001, 06:32 AM
I'm a little Garth greedy.........so I'll probably have to have BOTH!

Yeah!! :D

Mel

Pilgrim
10-13-2001, 07:08 AM
BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH, BOTH:D:D:D

I just ordered three copies from Amazon yesterday, and I will get SERIOUSLY pissed if they are not all Limited Editions!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bill was big enough, and I can't accept if they send me three regular covers:o

How do they know it is limited editions you ordered???
It was my very first time I tried it, so I am all new to this:o

Brian

Original GB Fan
10-13-2001, 10:09 AM
I will buy both. I always buy two anyway - and keep one still sealed. I guess I will end up buying three now because I would like to keep one of each cover sealed. Anyone else out there buy an extra to save it? Kind of crazy - I know - but Garth can do that to a person. :D

Still believing in you (Garth),
JoAnne

countyfair_85
10-13-2001, 10:43 AM
I'd like to get both...
Maybe the first edition at first ...
then the other cover later on.

-Diane :)

MT4GB
10-13-2001, 10:50 AM
Since money is tight right now-got the house insurance to pay in a couple of months and Gary's stupid health insurance company is being a pain in the as* I probably will only get one!

Nancy

kristen166
10-13-2001, 11:25 AM
Which ever ones happen to be on the shelf whenever I get to the store to buy it. I will only be buying one, but I am highly doubting that by time I get to the store there will be any limeted left. Those will go faster since this is his very last album and stuff.:)

CheyenneWindRoper
10-13-2001, 11:38 AM
I gotta have both!

;)
Mary Liz

ferretcrazy
10-13-2001, 12:40 PM
Ill get both too!! :)

Joan

Dancer
10-13-2001, 12:58 PM
I'm gonna get both!! I wonder if the scarecrow is Garth's favorite character on The Wizard Of Oz?!?

Garthfan92
10-13-2001, 01:58 PM
I plan on getting both for sure. I love both covers.

Lisa

Vanessa
10-13-2001, 02:58 PM
I just preordered mine at Music Land last night..so when they come out on Nov. 13th..I'll be ready :) it really doesn't matter to me which one I get as long as I get it :) *lol* :)

Vanessa :)

Garth1
10-13-2001, 03:16 PM
I pre-ordered one online, so I should get a limited first edition :D

Paul. :)

Karinda
10-13-2001, 03:26 PM
I will get both. Some people say it is stupid to buy two of the same cd just because it has a different cover. Well that is true. But I will wear one out anyway and carry it around with me everywhere I go. So I need one copy that is in good condition so I can get it out and listen to it later in life. If you get two anyway, why not have them look different. That's a good idea GB.

BLL
10-13-2001, 08:40 PM
I've ordered a LE online, but I will ask for the cd and a tape for Christmas; I'll then copy the cd onto tape for the car, and loan either the cd/tape to someone who's not yet a Garthnut :); If they truly fall in love I'll gift them with the cd/tape and buy a new one for me:):)

CountryBee
10-14-2001, 01:23 AM
Then probably keep one sealed, too. I have a First Edition of The Magic of Christmas that I have kept sealed along with the Diamond reissue editions of the first 6 albums, plus I thinks several covers of my Double Live albums are still sealed (I have all seven covers). So JoAnne is not the only one!
Bee

missy1462
10-14-2001, 01:42 AM
I pre-ordered one of the limited edition. But, if I can afford it, and my husband doesn't find out and kill me over it --- :-) I'll probably buy both. Sneaky I can be!!!!!!
I have a couple of Kenny Chesney single's still in the wrap, plus his first album (In my wildest dreams) that I bought without anyone's knowledge. Am I bad or what? I bought the first album on e-bay and it really cost me.
And I figure that since I love Garth's music much more than Kenny's, I'll really try hard to get both covers.

Missy

Garth Healing
10-14-2001, 01:54 AM
Definitely both!! Can't have too much of GARTH, ever.

Pilgrim
10-14-2001, 08:03 AM
So how do you guys know you actually DO get a limited edition cover and not just a regular one??:o

Brian

nelty
10-14-2001, 11:40 AM
Brian..

if you per-order it online with amazon before the release date. you should be getting the LE ones. At least that is what was said on the www.countdowntogarth.com site. ;)

Nelly

Pilgrim
10-14-2001, 12:34 PM
Thanks a lot Nelly:)

I hope that works out then:)

Brian

nelty
10-14-2001, 12:37 PM
Your welcome. :)

Nelly

nelty
10-14-2001, 02:58 PM
hmmm... PGers alone will be getting more then 100 cds... :D For Garth to break NSync's record...

2,399,900 to go... ;) lol..

Nelly

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 03:45 PM
:p

I think it's really lame of Garth to release his last album in limited edition, thus forcing his long-time loyal fans to have to buy TWO copies in order to complete their collections. And on top of that, they're going to have to stand in line in the stores at midnight in order to even have a chance at getting the limited edition, since it is his last. Eleven years, and this is the thanks we get? :mad: :(

I know someone is going to say that Garth never said that this is his last. But Garth said a long time ago that he will never call an album his last. And he implied in the press conference that he wouldn't be doing anything after this.

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to download the songs, burn them to a c.d., and send the money that I would have paid to purchase it to the NYC relief fund. That way, Garth can indirectly help out, and still be able to watch his kid's soccer practice.:rolleyes:

nelty
10-14-2001, 04:14 PM
Wendi

maybe you should read before posting.. The limited edition are only availble if you PRE-ORDER or reserved it.

www.countdowntogarth.com

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 05:05 PM
The limited edition are only availble if you PRE-ORDER or reserved it.

That's even worse. I practically worshipped the ground the man walked on for eleven years, and his thanks to me in the end is to force me to pre-order online? Geesh :rolleyes:

nelty
10-14-2001, 05:11 PM
Here Garth's trying to make things easier for us and there you are complaining...

I guess sometimes people just don't see that others are actually making things better.

God help us...

Nelly

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 05:25 PM
Whatever :p

Too bad SOME OF US won't be able to complete the collections we've been working on for ALMOST 12 YEARS.

:mad:

nelty
10-14-2001, 05:29 PM
yea too bad... what a waste..

:rolleyes:

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 05:34 PM
You're right, it is a waste. I should have spent my money on someone like George Strait, who doesn't treat his fans this way.

nelty
10-14-2001, 05:36 PM
HA!.... ROFLMAO!!!!!!

What are you trying to do kill me laughing??? LOL... sigh... lol...

Nelly

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 05:46 PM
What's so funny?

nelty
10-14-2001, 06:04 PM
LMAO...

Nelly

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 06:28 PM
Laughing 'cause ya know I'm right? ;)

nelty
10-14-2001, 06:38 PM
LMAO...

No.. I'm laughing cause YOU have NO idea what you are talking... lol...

Nelly

Cheryl
10-14-2001, 07:07 PM
Take it to PM...take it to e-mail. But enough already on here.

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 07:19 PM
Good idea, Cheryl :)

Of course, if there was some actual conversation going on, it might be different right? :)

countyfair_85
10-14-2001, 09:53 PM
Nelly...

Thank-you for that information about pre-ordering the limited edition...I'm sure many people don't know that yet...
I thought it would be on the shelves in stores also...both covers.
And since many people come here to find out information about Garth and this new album...maybe you should start a thread just to clarify that up for everyone.

Diane :)

nelty
10-14-2001, 10:55 PM
Diane..

your welcome and thanks.. :) But I think it has already been posted somewhere. :)

Nelly

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-15-2001, 01:39 AM
I'm not much of a collector, so I'll be getting whichever one I find. I'm just excited to hear that sweet voice :) I'll probably pick up a couple extra for gifts, since Christmas is just around the corner ;)

CC

Pilgrim
10-15-2001, 02:44 AM
I don't think he is FORCING people to buy the CD's.

It's a free choise:)

Brian

Wendi5000
10-15-2001, 09:42 AM
Yep, it's a free choice :). But unless I choose to buy two copies of each (so as to have one in original condition), I can't finish my collection. Thanks Garth :(.

nelty
10-15-2001, 09:56 AM
CC...

yep yep.. I can't wait till the CD come on the 13th.. :D hehe... :)

Nelly

jstensig
10-15-2001, 12:50 PM
I don't think he is FORCING people to buy the CD's.

It's a free choise What - did Brian say that.

NOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING!!!!

Jakob

Wendi5000
10-15-2001, 12:53 PM
*LOL* my thought exactly Jakob! :D

jstensig
10-15-2001, 01:01 PM
Btw: I agree with you Brian. As long as he doesn't add tracks to CD's he's not forcing anyone at all!

Jakob

versace_girl
10-15-2001, 01:02 PM
i can never have enough of garth so im getting both double servings heehee i already got special edition on order because we get the releases ages after they are released over here

Pilgrim
10-15-2001, 05:34 PM
*hehehe* Jakob;)

I don't think he is forcing people to buy it, but he is DEFINITELY speculating in numbers again. No doubt about that;)

He know that it there wasn't these limited editions it would probably sell 1 million less;)

Brian

Karinda
10-15-2001, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know if you can pre-order the first edition at any stores such as Wall-Mart?

Paula
10-15-2001, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know if you can pre-order the first edition at any stores such as Wall-Mart?I'd like to know too. I asked at one of the Kmart's in my area and the person in the electronics department there said he didn't think so. Maybe Dale, Kaye or Nancy (our resident Wal*Mart and Kmart PGers) can shed some light on this.

Paula

Wendi5000
10-15-2001, 08:57 PM
I don't think he is forcing people to buy it, but he is DEFINITELY speculating in numbers again. No doubt about that.

He know that it there wasn't these limited editions it would probably sell 1 million less.

Yep. As if playing it up as his last isn't going to sell enough... :(

MT4GB
10-15-2001, 09:19 PM
Hmmm! I do not know if K-Mart will have any limited editions-of course it is doing the Garth/Dr. Pepper promotion-so who knows! I will say try to get to Wal-Mart and K-Mart as soon as you can on November 13th-you might be able to get limited edition!

I have not seen Garth's Christmas cd re-edition or the Christmas Call Me Clause edition at the K-Mart here either-only at the Wal-Mart here-which is wierd! Maybe they are waiting to put the Christmas music out!

Nancy

XFER
10-16-2001, 04:36 AM
No matter what I want, I will have to choose the only available cd that is in the store... You know, 1 or maybe 2 cds are all that we've got mmmmm, no one knows Garth here anyway

*crosses fingers to be the first in seeing the cd*

gbkubfan
10-16-2001, 11:40 AM
Wendi5000,

I know it can be expensive buying both copies of the CD to complete collections, but as a collector of many things including Garth CDs, that is the fun and thrill of collecting. If you are worried about cost. Buy the Limited edition now and then the regular cover later when you can afford it. No one says you have to have the regular cover the minute it comes out. I collect baseball cards as another hobby. I can't afford to buy them the day they come out. I buy what I can afford and hopefully build on the collection. That is what collecting is all about. Searching and looking for that last piece of puzzle. You may not have it that day but the only reason anyone would really care is to brag. And that ain't what collecting is all about. I have started working on getting the europeon versions of Garth's music. I have a lot of it. But my collection isn't finished but that makes it fun for me. Trying to fill in the missing pieces. So I suggest if you are a serious collector and you can't afford to buy both, I say buy the LE and wait for the other. Maybe somebody will buy the regular cover for you for Xmas. I personally love the fact I can have a LE and regular issue. I personally buy two of each. One to save for emergencies and the other two to listen to.
A SIDE NOTE:
About Limited Edition and multicovers of CDs. I hear people whine and complain about the multicovers of Double Live, I hear complaints about LE covers. People, it is done by a lot of artists. My friend is a big Tori Amos fan. She doesn't have the money to buy all 12 of the covers she made of her new release. So she is buying them as she can afford them. The Dixie Chicks released Fly with several different colored CDs. Nobody seems to be complaining about that. Check the Circuit City and Best Buy ads this week. LIT a rock group is releasing a LE CD available only at these stores with a bonus 3 extra songs.
How would people like it if Garth limited his LE's to certain stores. So I can understand people wanting to have the full collection and worrying about the marketing to sell extra copies the first week. That is a part of the music business now. The first week sales are like the first week receipts from movies. If a movie doesn't make it to #1 the first week, its a flop. Same with music now. If you don't have the first week sales, then your music has lost it. So Garth is only following the trend. Don't blame him, blame the music companies and media who label a CD a flop if the first week sales aren't there.
Sorry for going on so long. I feel for Wendi5000 on the problem of buying two copies with a limited budget. One thing that might help is, I have a canister that I start to save dimes in, for special things. I saved up for a 32inch TV. It took me a long time but they added up. Put a can aside and throw in dimes or nickels and when you think you have enough, go buy that extra copy. JMHO

Wendi5000
10-16-2001, 12:48 PM
When artists make limited editions and multiple covers for albums, it suggests that they don't think their work is good enough to obtain high sales without these gimmicks. This probably hurts sales in the long run, as potential fans are turned off by this implication.

We know that Garth's music is plenty good enough to get the high sales numbers without the gimmicks, so why does he use them? That's what I don't understand.

CheyenneWindRoper
10-16-2001, 01:05 PM
Your terminology regarding Garth's marketing processes sure differ from mine Wendi! What you consider a :( gimmick, I consider an :) option! Pick the one cover you like and get it...perhaps if you looked at it from the perspective that you are being given a choice of covers to choose from, you would feel better about mutliple covers ~ no matter what artist.

:)
Mary Liz

gbkubfan
10-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Hey Wendi5000,

That might have been true in the past..needing a gimmick to help sales...but the reality is first week sales are a barometer for the future of any album these days. Read articles on NSYNC's recent release. It wasn't considered a success because it failed to surpass the previous effort. If you read recent articles about first week sales, they compare them to movie's first week sales.Look at Alanis Morrisette for an example. Her breakthrough CD sold a ton. Her followup was a critical hit but sales were lower than the first. A album that doesn't produce the first week is considered a flop that is why all acts use things to promote first week sales including George Strait who has a trading card collection going, posters etc. Check the ads the weekend before a new release comes out and see all the various "gimmicks" used to promote them. Garth does the LE instead of posters, phone cards, trading cards etc. So Garth is just doing what the business demands. If you want your music to appeal to the masses then you need to get the word out. With the media attention geared to how well a movie, book or CD does, all artists have to keep marketing. Surprisingly there are people out there who know who Garth is but have never heard a song of his. If his new album got lost in the shuffle, they might never get the chance. With big first week sales, they might get the chance. But either way, as a fan I appreciate the fact I do know about the LE and I get something special. :-) JMHO

Teresa Morris
10-16-2001, 04:45 PM
Justa side note....

Garth has said repeatedly....please do NOT refer to this as my "last" album. I'd take that into consideration.

As for the poll, we'll be buying multiples. One for me when I play on the puter, one for the Expedition, one for Jason's truck, one for Kayla and one for Lindsey AND one for me to keep in case of an emergency...like someone stealing my cd's again like they did the year we went to Atlanta on vacation! arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Anyhow, that's six so I'd imagine we'll end up with 3 and 3.

Just doing my part. LOL

Teresa

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 03:36 AM
Both