PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Miss???

countyfair_85
10-12-2001, 07:15 PM
Other than Garth...
What do you miss about the Concert shows? :)

MDgarthgirl
10-12-2001, 07:38 PM
Easy to not miss anything when you haven't seen it.

...But I wouldn't recommend the method. :(

Nash

MT4GB
10-12-2001, 08:04 PM
I guess since I did not get a chance to see Garth in concert I miss everything!

Nancy

CheyenneWindRoper
10-12-2001, 09:51 PM
I voted for the heartbeat effect and stage rising. My heart pounds, sings, laughs, cries, flutters, breaks, loves, dances and revels in Garth all during his concerts. Now that I think about it, my heart does all those things just listening to his CD's or the mere mention of his name.

To me, Garth is like a son I love, not a man I am in love with...loving your kids is so much more fullfilling & lasting than a whirlwind or fantasy romance! I know this "son" will always keep this "Momma's" heart beating with joy!

:)
Mary Liz

MelMalovesGB4eva
10-12-2001, 11:03 PM
I miss the euphoric sensation I had at the two concerts I was lucky enough to attend. The natural high. The energetic feeling like I could, at that moment, go out and run in the Boston Marathon.

Lisa

fuzzwuzz
10-13-2001, 12:29 AM
Well, I might have missed the concerts but not the wrap up party! Man, whatever this stuff is that Chris Gaines got me on is all I'll ever need. Of course, if ya got Chris, ya got Garth too, so I'm ok with whatever's coming at us as we go along.

Garthmedic
10-13-2001, 02:13 AM
I miss the energy, intensity and insanity!

--spud--:)

Cheryl
10-13-2001, 02:29 AM
I miss planning a road trip....
I miss not being able to sleep the night before tickets go on sale....
I miss hitting re-dial for three or four hours non-stop...
I miss the way a heart skips a beat when the phone would finally ring at ticketmaster...
I miss finding those precious tickets in the mailbox....
I miss buying black sharpies, posterboard, beach balls, glow sticks....
I miss making signs late at night in the motel room....
I miss the excitement of walking into the arena....
I miss Copperhead Road....
I miss the connection with Garth...the feeling of seeing him read my signs...the reaction to it....
I miss Garth singing songs that I requested on those signs...
I miss the one hour photo places, and the great pics of the show...

I miss the whole incredible experience.

But I'm very, very grateful to have the memories! :)

jstensig
10-13-2001, 04:40 AM
I agree with Spud.:)

Jakob

Chief
10-13-2001, 07:57 AM
i miss what i have missed :( :(

wish i was a different person at different time at different place

Catherine
10-13-2001, 09:17 AM
I miss everything about the shows.
But I think what I miss most is the incredible feeling that you know he is playing for ME! You always get that feeling that he knows everyone out there personally and that show is dedicated to you and only you. That's how close you feel to him on stage, even if you are in the highest rafter.

I also miss (regret) the fact that my children may never get to see him live. :(

Catherine

countyfair_85
10-13-2001, 11:04 AM
Cheryl...

Wow! You could write a poem about those memories! or a song better yet!
Thanks for letting me relive them through your words! :)

Catherine...

I know what you mean about the "Show just for you"...
he did have a way of making it so!
I loved it...
and have heard many , many people say the same thing...
so, they must have felt it too.

Lisa...

Wow...you are so right about that "High" feeling...
just like you could "Fly" ...
that song "Wings beneath my wings"
could be applied to Garth and how he made us feel...
and still makes us feel...

I can't wait for this new album...
just think of the song "PianoMan"....
the verse....
"sing us a song, your the pianoman...sing us a song tonight...
because we're all in the mood for melody...and "YOU GOT US FEELING ALRIGHT".... :D

-Diane

Garthfan92
10-13-2001, 02:02 PM
I'll miss EVERYTHING about it. Most of all though, the anticipation and that incredible feeling I'd always have through the whole show. It is like a high, and you're focused on nothing but Garth. You don't care what the people around you are doing, or what they think of how crazy you're getting. Man, it's been way too long, but I love those memories!!!

Lisa

NewestGBFan
10-13-2001, 02:46 PM
I don't miss what I never saw but I am envious of everyone who got to experience those concerts. Wish he would do one more for all the new fans who never got the thrill (and old fans who missed it)

honky
10-13-2001, 03:05 PM
I had never been close enough to see what he looks like :( For the two concerts that I went to, I was at a distance....

Well... I do miss his look though.. the look at the crowds ;)

Tommy

Vanessa
10-13-2001, 03:12 PM
I will miss not getting the chance to go to a Garth concert.. :(

Vanessa

Garth1
10-13-2001, 03:19 PM
:( :( :(

Paul.

Faye Edwards
10-13-2001, 10:36 PM
Yes I too miss all of those things And the incredible

feeling when the "countdown to Garth" starts and then the light rig

starts to rise and everything and everyone just gets soooo loud and

you feel as tho your heart is going to stop. Then that piano starts

rising and you become oblivious to everything except what is

happening on stage.

Then all too soon it is over and you realize he has been on

stage for maybe 2 hours! You just lose track of time and reality for

that time. OH, how I miss it and I don't even want to think that it

may all be over, so far as touring goes. I hope he meant it when he

opened the PC with the statemant that he missed his fans like hell.

If he misses us like we miss him, maybe we'll get a chance to see him

again. FAye

boppityboo
10-13-2001, 11:02 PM
I want to choose the last one. How could I forget? ..bad nutt!.. lol.
When I went to his Seattle concert in summer of '98 I sneaked down to just above floor level to watch the lighting rig taking off and the piano entrance. I remember being so excited and awed and amazed and shaking, butterflies in my stomach, that I didn't even notice I was crying. I'd never been so close before, I got to run up to the stage and take a really, really quick pic thanks to a nice usher.(pic didn't turn out too good, too nervous) I stayed until after 'Rodeo' and hightailed it back to my balcony seats. (Good seats, actually). Man, I get Garthbumps just remembering it all. :)

Ellie :)

fuzzwuzz
10-13-2001, 11:44 PM
You know Faye when you described the countdown to Garth I thought of the small way he tried to 'recreate' that for the buildup for the new album. Maybe if we just hang in there he will surprise us with some good things down the road. A different outlet than touring. You know, more tv and stuff. He's already committed to Dr. Pepper, AOL, and who knows what else with Red Strokes Enterprises. He says he wants to find ways to get us together in our living rooms. He must have plans we haven't heard about yet. I'm kinda looking forward to whatever happens.

countyfair_85
10-14-2001, 04:18 PM
He says he wants to find ways to get us together in our living rooms.

LOL fuzz...
that's ok with me! He can come in my livingroom anytime! :D

I'm sure he has many plans we don't even know about yet!

It's nice to know he missed us like we missed him too!

-Diane

Stephc0121
10-14-2001, 06:24 PM
I miss everything!

I only got to see him once, but ohhhhhh what a show.

Since then any concert my husband and I go to, we compare it to Garth's show and so far he's still #1.

Stephanie

Wendi5000
10-14-2001, 08:50 PM
Did he do that at his concerts? I guess he was worn out from the other shows by the time he got to the one we went to. 'Cause he didn't do any of it. :(

So I guess I don't miss any of it.... I missed all of it :(.

Sucks too, since our show was supposed to be the first, but when they added shows they stuck them before ours instead of after. :rolleyes:

Faye Edwards
10-14-2001, 09:36 PM
Wendi, when did you see Garth? I guess that the last 3 years that he was touring is when it was the most exciting, waiting for the show to start. After Mike and his drums were in the Pod. That is when the piano would rise out of the stage, with Dave playing and then Garth would emerge out of the piano. Maybe you saw him earlier than that,
maybe when they would have the campfire and the cowboys sitting around, singing. That wasn't nearly as heart stopping as the later
shows were. You know, he said that the trade-off he gets from being with his girls is awesome, it must really be, because if it can take the place of the fun he got from being on stage, it would have to be AWESOME!!!Because he got as much pleasure as he gave. You could just see that he was loving every minute of being on stage. So if being at home with the girls is that special, that's hard to argue with . So good for him, even as much as he is going to be missed.

countyfair_85
10-14-2001, 09:39 PM
Stephanie...
I know what you mean about comparing other concerts to Garth shows! LOL
you can't help but do it...but it's mean of us to do so!...LOL :)
they're all good in their own right I guess.
Glad you had a good time!

Wendi...sorry you had such a miserable time at a Garth concert that you don't miss anything...
If I could change the options...I'd make a choice of "Nothing" just for you.
I'm sure many people that didn't get to go would've loved to have had your spot...just for the sake of being there.

Ellie...
I loved reading about your "sneaking" down by the stage to watch Garth! Now that's what real true blue Garth fan does if they get the chance! :D
thanks for sharing that!

Faye...
That time I call "Garthtime" just flew on by....
I'm glad you understand what I'm talking about!
Just when you want time to stand still....it goes and
takes off on ya! LOL
Thanks for sharing

-Diane

GBsMydance
10-14-2001, 09:51 PM
Wow good question.. but I needed more options...

I miss it all... I miss the excitment right from hearing where he will be playing, to the sore fingers from redial, to the excitment of getting through and to getting tickets for all shows... no matter where in the arena..
I miss the trip planning, the excitment, the count down of days until the event, I miss running into Garthnutts, I miss the anticipation of the show...
I miss hearing about shows and stories the nutts have to tell..

I miss it all... But.. I am glad I had my chances.. I am glad I went to them all.. I am thankful for Garth.. I am thankful that he is still putting out the CD's.. and the appearances, even if they are not as plentiful.

I think the poll needs one more line...

Please check here if you miss it all!!!!!!!

countyfair_85
10-14-2001, 10:14 PM
Your right GBsMydance!
I should've had a choice for missing it all! :D

I could only choose up to 6 options though...too bad!
I could've added about 100 other choices though! :eek:

Like "The ladder" and Garth swinging from it during "Ain't Going Down"....
*sigh*
Or when he sprinkled the water bottles and threw them out into the audience during "The Fever"...and ran rings around the stage...
or the dancing circle lights in purple and mauve...during "The River"...
oh...I could go on and on...
whew...it's like being there...reliving it again...:)

Thanks

-Diane

Faye Edwards
10-14-2001, 11:49 PM
This is what is so GREAT about PG!! We can come here and reminence

and rave ( or gush) about The Man and everyone understands exactly.

Sometimes my family, with the exception of my daughter, Sherri, looks

at me with that "Oh Mom, get a life" look. Sherri is my fellow

Garthnutt. We have been all around our 3 state area, TX. Ark. and Ok.

to see him and have enjoyed every minute of it!!!

Teresa Morris
10-14-2001, 11:59 PM
I could easily write a whole column about this! I tried to explain it to Garth, that hey....no offense to YOU buddy...but it aint just YOU that I miss! hehehe

The other day during the PC, when they were showing clips of stuff and that familiar thump thump heartbeat started, I reached up and put my hand to my own heart...just like I used to at the shows. You literally COULD feel *it* in your very heart and soul. You knew what was coming and that thump thump thump of anticipation said it all. It was like, at that point in the shows, the music honestly did become a part of you and for the next 2 plus hours you, the music, Garth and the people, were all ONE.

Tommy mentioned it I think, I'd hafta scroll back, but seeing the peoples faces! One of my greatest joys was not always selfishly enjoying the shows myself but sitting there watching others watch Garth. Especially the times we got to take the girls. Watching my lil ones watch him...oh man...and the times, those precious times that I stood and watched the looks on the faces of his dear Dad and loving Mom as they watched their boy on stage. Those are times that are forever etched in stone for me.

And, from the non Garth viewpoint, I miss seeing YOU people. Garth has got to realize what a monster he has created. <wicked evil grin!>
The many friendship these concerts, appearances, tapings were instrumental in creating....they are such treasures. Some yes, have been fleeting and not the "I talk to you everyday" kind of friendship but for me, personally, they have always been the kind of friendships where you just step a lighter and smile a lil brighter when you see a familiar face in the crowd. The kind that light up your day when a email or card shows up.

Yeah, I miss it all. I miss his smile, I miss his tears, I miss them GB yells that I am forever convinced originated in the dark of night in a truck parked in the moonlight. (I have fallen into the gutter...do NOT send help!!) Ahem...anyhowwwwwww....

For all that I miss though, I am equally proud of him for taking care of what needs to be taken care right now. He's where he needs to be doing what he wants to do. He's happy...anything we miss, somehow that makes it all worthwhile.

Teresa

countyfair_85
10-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Teresa...

That was beautiful...
You have those memories inside of you...especially of watching your children and Garths mom and dad , watching him.
I watched my kids and other people at concerts also...
i'll never forget the look on their faces.
I miss those GB Yells too...:)
Thanks for sharing...
You should do an entire column on the subject...
maybe even ask the fans for their most important memory to blend it all into a "fan tribute column" of sorts.
that would great for everyone to pitch in and share a memory.

Faye ...
You belong here!
We're just like you!
I'm glad you enjoy us too!

-Diane

countyfair_85
10-15-2001, 12:02 PM
Faye...

Did you ever post your Garth moments in the "Garth moments" forum here at PG?

If not...I'd enjoy reading about Sherri and Your Garth adventures!

Just an idea...:)

-Diane

Faye Edwards
10-15-2001, 04:04 PM
Diane,

Thanks for the welcome ! Sherri and I have been sooo very lucky about
getting to see Garth. But Fort Worth-Dallas has been very good venues for Garth and we have been to all but one of the concerts since we discovered him in 1991. The one we missed was his 2nd one at Reunion Arena in Dallas and we missed that one because the tickets went on sale while we were at Fan Fair. After he had signed for about 8 hours one day his people allowed us to wait outside the bldg. his booth was in and it was coming a little shower and a lot us were lined up and he stopped and talked to each of us, in the rain, and let us take pictures. Tell me what other artist goes that far for his fans !!!!Anyway, when he asked where we were from and we told him Ft. Worth, he asked if we were going to be at his show here. We got home and realized the tickets had sold out while we were gone and Sherri called the DJs.an dexplained that Garth wanted them to do us a favor and give us tickets, that he had personally invited us, but they didn't buy and we didn't get to go that concert.
Sherri's husband, who isn't really a fan, drove us to Yukon for the dedication of Garth Brooks Blvd. We were at 2 of the Texas Stadium shows and if Teresa should collect Garth moments, there's one I'd like to share concerning my young grandson.
This is getting too lenghty and there are so many memories. Too, I need to get off and get busy. Sherri and I craft together and we have a craft show in about 10 days and we're not near ready. But gosh, I have to check out PG often !!! Faye

countyfair_85
10-15-2001, 04:24 PM
Faye thank-you!
I'm so glad you found PG! stick around!
I loved reading what you shared so far!
I'm sure you have oddles of stuff to share!

I do crafts too!
I'm doing some for the "GB fan charity" event that Nelly has going
on for the "Teammates for kids" ...Garth's charity.
Maybe you'd be interested in donating something too that's Garthish? :)
here's the link:

http://gbfanscharityauction.tripod.com

If Teresa doesn't do a column on that...she didn't get back to me...
I'll write something up ...OK?
It would be nice for all Garth fans to pitch in a few most important memories and make a "Fan oriented Story" out of it!
Even for those that didn't get to meet Garth...or to go to a concert...there are many memories Garth fans hold dear! right?

I do look forward to hearing from you more often!
And I'm curious about that Garth moment with your young grandson! :)

-Diane

fuzzwuzz
10-15-2001, 11:03 PM
Wow. When you guys describe a Garth concert as being as one heartbeat, I have to say I feel that too, through the music. It's alive. Thanks for speeding up the pitter-patter a bit though!

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 12:43 AM
Dale...
It's hard to describe what happens with that heartbeat!

Let's see if I can with my words...

First there's a G-5 countdown to Garth...
sounds like something out of a space movie...
The lights dim...thousands upon thousands of people are screaming in anticipation of Garths arrival...
then a loud heartbeat effect (like the one on that contest page for the countdown to Garth)...but 100 times louder...
and it feels like your heart is a drum and that heartbeat is revibrating inside of your heart and being played by it too...
I'm serious when I say it feels like it's inside of your heart.
I loved that feeling...and it continues for a little while...
then a high pitched sound starts coming from the stage...getting louder and louder...the lighting rig starts to rise...the heartbeat effect stops ...the drum pod is sparking with an amazing bright light within it...the keyboard and other equipment rise up through the openings...then Garth the piano starts to rise...a guy in a white tux is playing the song "The Old Stuff"...and Garth starts rising up from the circle on the top of the piano with the logo of a lower case "g" on it...his hand is raised in the air...and his head bowed..."I said a little prayer tonight before i came on stage"....thousands and thousands of people screaming at the top or their lungs...crying...jumping up and down...shaking...laughing...some in awe...

wow...guess I got carried away with the moment... :D

anyway...the heartbeat was a unique feature at a Garth concert...

-Diane

nelty
10-16-2001, 01:18 AM
Too bad I can't relate..:(

Nelly

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 01:28 AM
Nelly...
I'm sorry you missed out on the concert time of Garths career ...
but your not at a total loss ...
You got to be up front in Philly this year when Garth was on stage several times!
And we got to meet each other also! :)
Many people wish they had that experience of seeing Garth in Philly too but they couldn't.
I'm sure they're glad you got to see him though...
because you can tell them about your experiences...so they know
what it was like.
Without the messengers, storytellers, writers, reporters...
we'd never know what was going on...
So, cheer up and know you have some memories that others don't.
You'll get to meet Garth one day...I just know you will.
so, don't be sad. :) ok?

-Diane

nelty
10-16-2001, 01:46 AM
LMAO... Diane..

I was just pouting, thanks though. :) I finally develop my pictures from philly last week and Garth was soooooo very small. The only diff I can tell is his head and feet. Other then that, it was small... lol.

Nelly;)

nelty
10-16-2001, 02:00 AM
oh one more thing...

it was great to meet ya guys...;)

I wish I could have gotton us tix to go to the front where the seats were.

We were upfront but we far from the stage.

Nelly

GBsMydance
10-16-2001, 08:58 AM
anyway...the heartbeat was a unique feature at a Garth concert...
Diane, this was perfect.. I close my eyes and I see this and can hear it too.. When I am feeling that overwhelming feeling of missing a Garth experience I go get my double live and crank it up and I feel like I am one in the crowd!!!!!

The great thing... Memories you get to have forever..You can go at anytime down memory lane..

countyfair_85
10-16-2001, 09:01 PM
Thanks Nelly...
I think we were about as close as we could get ...unless we had
vip seats.

GBsMyDance...I understand completely! :)

The great thing... Memories you get to have forever..You can go at anytime down memory lane..

I travel down memory lane a lot lately...only when it comes to Garth. :)

-Diane

fuzzwuzz
10-16-2001, 11:00 PM
I'm serious when I say it feels like it's inside of your heartMe too! And I've never been to a Garth concert!!

Unless we count that trip to Philly, right Nelly!!??

Triple J
10-18-2001, 09:26 PM
I've never been givin' a chance to see Garth Live :(

I'd pay heaps to just go to one concert...

I've seen the live at central park video and i'd say i'd miss it all :(

wish he'd visit Australia again sometime...:(

unfair that Australia is overlooked by many great artists, maybe because we are so far out of the way.... :(

but i'll just watch the videos and pretend i was there .... ;)

Jesse

littlebit
10-18-2001, 11:02 PM
Everything :(