PDA

View Full Version : The song 'Ireland'

KCMiller
10-12-2001, 11:57 AM
Hello,

Can someone please tell me - what battle is this song referring to? It's a wonderful, powerful song, and I would like to know more about it.

thanks in advance,

KCMiller

Original GB Fan
10-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Sorry KC ... can't help you out on this one. Looks like you are new to Planet Garth ... WELCOME! You are going to love it here.

JoAnne :)

Sarah in oz
10-12-2001, 02:36 PM
wow, its been so long since posting that I had to seriously ponder my password.

Hi everyone. It's wonderful to be back and reading the boards again. So much to catch up on. You wouldn't all consider taking a rest from posting for a day or two so I can catch up would you?

Our little Lachlan was born in may and time is flying by. After more than 10 years between babies I really did forget how much work it is. I now have three boys in the house...OK 4 inclucing daddy....OMG someone save me from the testosterone.

You know I always imagined this battle was against the English but I have a friend who thinks its againt the Vikings. Like all of Garths songs, its so personal that everyone comes to their own conclusion. Like a movie running in your head. Sorry I don't know for sure but I have a feeling neither does Garth.

Welcome to PG

Sarah

jstensig
10-12-2001, 05:25 PM
Vikings... I like the sound of that (being they were my ancestors;))

Jakob den langskæggede;)