PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Jimmy and Terry do an awesome job?:

charmed1
10-11-2001, 08:14 PM
I have been listining non-stop to Wrapped Up In You. I especally like the last 2 minites of the song when Jimmy and Terry (harmonica guy,) don't you think these two do a great job and just JAM? That is awesome.

littlebit
10-11-2001, 08:41 PM
:) Yeah buddy! Totally awesome!!

Darrell
10-11-2001, 09:09 PM
Not for sure that's Jimmy and Terry. :) They may just be studio musicians(Garth got some of the best in the business to play on this album).

Monica Lockhart
10-11-2001, 09:15 PM
I know for sure that Garth said that Jimmy did the fiddle playing for this song... but I can't remember who he said did the harmonica.

I do know that he talked about the powerful Steel Guitar playing on this song and that most people would not even know it was the steel guitar.

Anyone else out there remember Garth talking about the Harmonica player?

Moni

Yukongirls
10-11-2001, 11:45 PM
Yes it was Terry. :D We remeber Garth saying it was him.

Go JIMMY and TERRY!!! :cool:

Leanne & Michelle
(who miss stillwater a lot):(

Garthmedic
10-12-2001, 02:09 AM
It ROCKS!

--spud--:)

majmom
10-12-2001, 02:39 AM
It IS awesome - but my radio station has been cutting off the instumental at the end of the song - and ending it with the part when Garth sings, "Wrapped Up In You" acapella...

at least they're playing it!

Kerry

Scarecrow
10-12-2001, 09:06 AM
Last night I was working and some guy came in while I was playing the song on my c.d. player. My customer asked who was singing, I said Garth, and he said Really, That is the best song I think I heard in the last few years to come from country radio, I especially like the way the Harmonica and the fiddle are played in the end. That is what the guy said.

Paula
10-14-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by majmom
It IS awesome - but my radio station has been cutting off the instumental at the end of the song - and ending it with the part when Garth sings, "Wrapped Up In You" acapella...

at least they're playing it!

Kerry My radio station has been cutting it off as well. In fact, when I first heard it on my radio, I didn't hear any instrumental at the end, and I posted a comment on PG about reading somewhere that the actual song with lyrics was under 3 minutes and then there was some instrumental playing at the end, and I wondered if I had just missed it or if my radio station had cut it off. Then when I heard the whole thing when the press conference got put on PG, I realized that that is what happened. But...as you said, at least they're playing it.:)

Paula

Stephc0121
10-14-2001, 06:36 PM
I didn't know that was our Jimmy playing fiddle on WUIU.

Just goes to show how awsum a fiddle player he is.

Stephanie

ProducerJ
10-15-2001, 01:46 AM
Hey Leanne & Michelle --

I thought of you two tonight... Tricia Yearwood played the Ryman and Sonya Isaacs opened for her..........

Sonya's fiddle player was JIMMY! :)

J.

Yukongirls
10-16-2001, 12:04 AM
WOW Joyce!!! :)

Thanks for telling us. Any news on those guys is great for us. :D I think we are going to have to move to Nashville. Did you get any pictures? hehehe

Leanne & Michelle

ProducerJ
10-16-2001, 10:11 AM
No we couldn't get pictures of Jimmy, they didn't have the band very well lit, just Sonya, so he was pretty much playing in the dark. :(

I can report that he did NOT have a hat.
:)
J.

GBShameless
10-16-2001, 10:24 AM
Hi

Yeah Garth did say that the harmonica player was Terry.

When we went to the Opry last Friday night, to our surprise when Steve W came out to do his segment of the show Jimmy was with him.

I should be getting my pictures back tonight and I will post them as soon as I get them. I hope I got some good ones.

Robin :) :)