PDA

View Full Version : Is this good or bad?? Gavin

SweetGBFan
10-11-2001, 05:27 AM
Gavin country charts has Wrapped Up In You debuting at #38 with 520 spins, but it is dated 10-10 so I guess that would be after 1 day. Now Beer Run in one week had 1500 spins in one week for #25, which by the way it is now at #29 not a good sign. Also Garth had 520 spins and 132 stations adding is this good for one day. Please someone tell me if you know. Also, not a good sign for Beer Run. So what is this saying for Garth. I figured that Beer Run would have flown up the chart. I am really scared for Wrapped Up In You.

Southern Bell
10-11-2001, 08:18 AM
I don't know if George released it but maybe since Garth didn't offically release Beer Run maybe that's why it is falling back. Just a thought. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris Gaines
10-11-2001, 09:04 AM
Beer Run was released by Garth.. then pulled.. but Radio still is playing it.

Jason

ImaGBbeliever
10-11-2001, 11:45 AM
Boy, This is confusing. I thought that Garth PLANNED to release Beer Run, but then didn't. (He was going to send it to the stations digitally so they couldn't play it early, right?) Then when they recieved George's CD, they played it off of it. I don't think he released it either. I think I remember him (George) saying that if radio wants to play something off his album, if it could help people get back to normal (or something like that) then for them to go ahead.

I don't know... I may have it all wrong, but that's how I understand it.

Believing,
Kristi

CheyenneWindRoper
10-11-2001, 11:50 AM
Kristi ~

Your answer is right on the money, as I understood the way things happened!

:)
Mary Liz

ProducerJ
10-11-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ImaGBbeliever
Boy, This is confusing. I thought that Garth PLANNED to release Beer Run, but then didn't. (He was going to send it to the stations digitally so they couldn't play it early, right?) Then when they recieved George's CD, they played it off of it. I don't think he released it either. I think I remember him (George) saying that if radio wants to play something off his album, if it could help people get back to normal (or something like that) then for them to go ahead.

I don't know... I may have it all wrong, but that's how I understand it.

Believing,
Kristi
Nope, you're exactly right Kristi!

Unfortunately, there will be stations that drop their spins on Beer Run to add WUIY, so as not to overload on Garth.
J.

Lowell Miller
10-11-2001, 12:57 PM
I'm just enjoying both songs...If they don't do well it doesn't matter to me. It won't change my perception of the songs. I want them to do well...but lots of people listen to Garth that don't listen to country radio. Those people are not being heard.

loreli
10-11-2001, 01:01 PM
Well why doesnt everyone call and request it???

Do something positive ;)

Lori

TracyByrdFan
10-11-2001, 01:23 PM
:cool::o:p

Angela...:rolleyes:

MDgarthgirl
10-11-2001, 06:26 PM
Debuted at #38 after One day??

AWESOME.

I don't know what his history has been with the trade charts for individual singles. It was probably a little higher around the Ropin The Wind album, etc.

Considering the fact that this is new "Garth" Garth Brooks music after four years, I think it shows lots of people were waiting for it. :)

Hope it goes up.
I don't know how to explain the slight drop of "Beerrun"...May have been mixed emotions because of the nation's circumstances...or a fluke. *shrug*

I'll admit a slight fear for Garth...of course, this is true for almost all artists. New music...if it sounds like his or her old stuff, they're bashed for not growing or evolving. If it's a completely new sound for said artist, they're (usually) bashed for going "pop" and losing their sound.
In a game you can't win, Garth's always pulled ahead. Must be that secret weapon he's got. Time.
Hopefully, it will prove triumphant again. :)

Nash

Faye Edwards
10-11-2001, 11:04 PM
My radio station is hardly playing Wrapped Up In You. I called yesterday to request it and never did hear it. I called again today and asked the DJ why they aren't playing it and her answer was "They ( I suppose she meant the program director) told us not to play it too much at first, to start slow and let it build." That sounds like manipulation of the charts to me. She said one reason given to her was that it is so different , so I asked if they wanted everything to be "cookie cutter" songs, that Garth always comes up with new stuff and she agreed. But she did play it shortly before shift change. When the other DJ came on she asked him how he liked it and his answer was " I love the fiddle and harmonica at the end of it." So I don't expect to hear it on this station much. Thank goodness for the dial on the radio. I guess I'll check out another station.

Faye

meli
10-11-2001, 11:21 PM
I don't think it matters one way or another. If I understand Country music, I don't think singles are very important and they usually don't sell well. What matters is if they promote the CD, and the PC was the first date the world heard the CD would be released next month. I think you'll see more airplay going on now.