PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference Now on PG

PlanetGarth.com
10-09-2001, 11:40 PM
The audio from the press conference is now available on Planet Garth.

It starts right before the single is played and goes for about 23 minutes.

http://www.planetgarth.com/special/pc100901.php

CaptMorgan
10-09-2001, 11:58 PM
Thank you Brandon!

I'm listening to it right now. Consider me one happy camper! :)

Sher

ProducerJ
10-10-2001, 12:01 AM
I'm listening to it too!

Now Brandon -- go get some SLEEP!
J.

leslee
10-10-2001, 12:03 AM
I'm listening now, I think it's awesome you brought this to those of us that couldn't be there. I've waited a long time for this.

Cheryl
10-10-2001, 12:07 AM
:) Brandon...THANK YOU!!!! :)

melissakay
10-10-2001, 12:18 AM
hay brandon!! What were those comments about t.v. specials? Did he say once a week for several weeks around christmas???? What do you know about this???? Totally great thank you for sharing

Melissa

Lost 'n' Garth
10-10-2001, 12:19 AM
Brandon

Thanks!! Just finished listening to it!!

Cheri :)

CountryBee
10-10-2001, 12:48 AM
I'm listening to the press conference right now! Thanks so much for putting it up.
Bee

nelty
10-10-2001, 12:49 AM
Thanks Brandon... :)

Nelly

Honeybunny31
10-10-2001, 12:51 AM
Am I the only one that cannot get it??

All I am getting is white boxes with little x's in the left corner. Am I going something wrong??

Any suggestions?? I am going crazy here..LOL

PEACE,

Lisa

Lowell Miller
10-10-2001, 01:09 AM
Thanks!!! :)

garthsgirl
10-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Brandon,

Thanks BUNCHES for bringing this to us!! Your hard work is much appreciated.

Lisa

cindrella4gb
10-10-2001, 01:21 AM
Thanks bunches Brandon!! :) Been waiting all day to hear it!! :) :)

~Cheryl L.

Frankie-20-100
10-10-2001, 01:38 AM
Thank you so much Brandon. It's fantastic. :)

France

nelty
10-10-2001, 02:04 AM
hmmm is it just me or the press conference stops right in the middle??? Just wondering... thanks. ;)

Nelly

Odexut77
10-10-2001, 04:46 AM
You are the best! ;)

Kathy77

countyfair_85
10-10-2001, 06:39 AM
Brandon,

Thanks for working so hard to get this up for the fans/believers
of Garth that couldn't be there.
I'll be listening to it later on today...but wanted to let you
know how great of a job you've done with the entire site also.

I've watched PlanetGarth evolve over the years from a project you
started to learn html for school in 1995 ...wasn't it?
(correct me if I'm wrong) ,
Into a mighty fine Tribute to Garth Brooks.
You've been a very dedicated fan of the man.

The new look is very "2001"!
Love the new pic also. :)

-Diane

BigGfan4life
10-10-2001, 07:45 AM
Brandon, thank you very much for all your hard work in putting this up for us :) You're the best!!!

Lowland_Kid
10-10-2001, 07:45 AM
GREAT! :D

I LOVE the new song! So glad to finally hear it! :D :)

Thanks Brandon! :)

:)
Marjolijn

justus
10-10-2001, 08:57 AM
Brandon,
Always know you rank right up there with M&M's, Taco Bell and perfect days!
THANK YOU!!
Paige

Teach
10-10-2001, 09:12 AM
Thanks, Brandon. I really enjoyed hearing the press conference. I love the new song and am so glad I got to hear it again. :D

CheyenneWindRoper
10-10-2001, 09:23 AM
I know you guys worked together to get this to us! You make a great team!!! ;)

I loved it, and............................................... ......

Along with Garth, you guys ROCK!!! :D

Huggs & Heart Pats,
Mary Liz

Garth_FANtasizer
10-10-2001, 09:33 AM
Thanks you, both!

~Ann~ <-- Happy Garthnutt!

GBGirl1
10-10-2001, 11:24 AM
Another job well done...... thanks for putting up this link to all of us who were not fortunate enough to be there in person. We were there in our hearts!

You guys are the BEST!! :) :cool:

Mel

littlebit
10-10-2001, 11:52 AM
Brandon,

Thank you :) and Garth Thank you for such a sweet song. :)

littlebit
10-10-2001, 12:07 PM
um, is it supposed to cut out right in the middle of Garth speaking about the Pepsi commericial? :(

when i first heard the album name i was upset. Cos a scarecrow to me has always been about the end of the year. The end of things.

Thank you, to Garth's girls,

i don't see it that way anymore,

with all that's been goin on, i haven't thought about the Wizard of OZ for a long time. :)

BLL
10-10-2001, 12:12 PM
Hey Nelly- I can only get about 12 minutes as well. I'll try it again later when the net congestion isn't as high.

missy1462
10-10-2001, 12:56 PM
Thank you Brandon,
I rushed home from college today to be able to listen to the PC. Thank you for bringing it to all of us who weren't able to go. What would we do without you and Garth?

wmcinnis
10-10-2001, 02:02 PM
Thank You Brandon:) It was the next best thing to actually being there.
Thanks Again(from the bottom of my heart)
-Susan-

Vanessa
10-10-2001, 02:06 PM
Thanks Brandon for putting this up on PG!! I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm sure that it'll be great :)

Vanessa :)

Denise4Garth
10-10-2001, 03:00 PM
I too would like to say THANX Brandon! Job well done! I loved what I heard and I am grateful to have what I got! But being the kind of person I am(Obsessive/compulsive) I want more!! The link I listened to stopped before the conference was over. Is there somewhere that I can listen to the whole thing? Or even somewhere I can read the whole thing? It's been a longtime coming and I am VERY hungry for more! If anyone knows how or where I can do that please let me know.
Peace and God Bless, Denise

Jude
10-10-2001, 03:09 PM
Thanks Brandon

Jude

Helena
10-10-2001, 03:10 PM
Just want to add my thanks Brandon.

Stayed up half the night hoping I would get the hear it. Anyway checked again this morning before I went to work - what a way to start the day !!!

Great to hear his voice again.

Look forward to hearing the whole PC later in the week ???

Thanks angain - well done.
Also, the new look PG is just great.

Helena

smitten
10-10-2001, 07:15 PM
Ok - I got the new wiz bang puter and I can't load it - I downloaded the ActiveX driver but it still apprears as blank boxes.

Come on you puter wizzes - help hunnybunny and I out.

I needs to hear this :)

Annette :)

Paula
10-10-2001, 08:44 PM
Brandon, let me add my thanks as well. I finally got a chance to hear it tonight after staying up late last night hoping to hear it. You are one special Webdude!

Paula

TracyByrdFan
10-10-2001, 09:30 PM
Thanks Brandon It's Awesome!!!

Angela...:cool:

Garthfan92
10-10-2001, 11:18 PM
THANKS BRANDON!!! Listening and loving it!

Lisa

Yukongirls
10-11-2001, 01:00 AM
Thanks Brandon!!! :D

We don't know what we would do without PG. :)

Leanne & Michelle

KindanewGarthfan
10-11-2001, 05:15 AM
Thank you so much Brandon, next to being at the Press Conference, this was definately the best thing

You ROCK

Hannah:)

mbarker
10-11-2001, 02:44 PM
I believe the reason the press conference got cut off in the middle was because the radio station that this was taken from cut the feed off in the middle. They were having Vince Gill call in, so they interrupted GB.

ProducerJ
10-11-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by mbarker
I believe the reason the press conference got cut off in the middle was because the radio station that this was taken from cut the feed off in the middle. They were having Vince Gill call in, so they interrupted GB.
What was Vince thinking, interrupting Garth? LOL, just kidding, Vince is cool.

The entire PC will be available in a few days. The first copy of it I did for Brandon, well, quite honestly... Garth turned out sounding like a chipmunk. LOL, so it's my fault he doesn't have it yet.

Soon!
J.

Jules
10-11-2001, 05:57 PM
Brandon - - you are the best! Giving everyone a chance to hear the press conference is just so nice :)

Only problem is I can't get it to work.... bummer!!! When I click your link I get a new window with a PG page. The page has 4 squares/objects that each have a little square in the upper left corner. The small squares have a tiny red square, green circle and blue triangle.... I just upgraded my IE to version 6.0 but that didn't help.... Does anyone know what is wrong? Is 'puter "missing" something? Do I need Quicktime or something like that?

Please help me!!! My curiousity is killing me.....

Betina

smitten
10-11-2001, 07:35 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Jules, Honeybunny and I have asked for help to view this - but so far not one answer.

I know there are alot of smart puter wizzes out there who can help out a couple of puter nerds here (sorry to incorporate you in on this one Jules and Honeybunny - I was really talking about myself)

So how about it - take pity on us - we can't hear it.

:) Annette

missy1462
10-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Betina & Annette,
I wish I knew what to tell you all about your computer problems. Maybe if you could give everyone a little more information about your systems, someone might come up with something that might work. I know this is stupid, but you all have sound cards on your systems right? Do you have realplayer? I know when I first click on the link and it opens a new window, at the top of the little "radio looking gadget" it says realplayer. I don't know if that might be the problem or not, but........... by no means do I know anything about computers except how to type real fast, but if I could do anything to help, I would.

Missy

Now let me ask a really stupid question from everyone - how do you guys put smilies on your replies? See, I told you guys it was stupid.

Triple J
10-11-2001, 09:16 PM
Thank you Brandon for this,
I'd never have been able to hear it if you guys hadn't put it here...

Lisa, Bertina & Annette
if you've got ICQ or msn or somethin' give me a bell,
It actually sounds as if it's a problem with your browser.

Try reloading the page a few times and if that don't work, try again on another computer to determine if it's just your comp doing it. If it won't work on another comp, then it's a problem with the server your going through.

hope this mighta helped decide what the problem is...

Jesse

Jules
10-11-2001, 09:48 PM
Triple J and Missy - Thanks for trying to help... but unfortunately I'm not making any progress yet :(

The problem is (I think!) that the links to the press conference don't work... The window that opens is a typical PG window with the whitish/greyish frame in the middle. The 2 lines at the top of the frame says:
"Garth Brooks Press Conference
Tuesday, October 9th, 2001. From the Country Music Hall Of Fame"
and at the right there are links to other parts of PG. Under the headline comes the four boxes that I assume should be links - except their not...

Does that make any sense??? Annette - Honeybunny - is that the same problem you're running in to?

I don't think it is my 'puter or browser (I just upgraded it but that didn't help)....

Anybody out there got any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!!!

Betina

Paula
10-11-2001, 10:05 PM
I can't help any of you guys...someone more computer literate needs to troubleshoot your problems. The only thing I can think of - and I think someone else has already mentioned it - is that you need to have real player downloaded in order for it to play.

Now let me ask a really stupid question from everyone - how do you guys put smilies on your replies? See, I told you guys it was stupid.Missy, that's not a stupid question. You can find all the codes for the smilies and the formatting (bold, italics, etc.) in the FAQs.

Paula

Jules
10-12-2001, 08:58 AM
It works now!!!! Yippie!!!! I LOVE that song - it is just the right mix of country and pop for my taste :)

For those who are having problems getting to listen to the press conference - try downloading the latest RealPlayer - I just did and now it works :)

THANK YOU BRANDON :)

Betina --> one happy camper

missy1462
10-12-2001, 10:49 AM
Paula,
Thank you so much for saying that my question wasn't stupid. So, if that's so, I'll ask another one. How do you guys put the footnote at the bottom of each of your replies? I assume that you don't retype it every time.

Have a great day all,
Missy

ps - Betina - I'm glad you got your computer fixed. Happy, happy day!

boppityboo
10-12-2001, 12:04 PM
HI Missy, welcome to PG Forums :)

No question is stupid. How you ever gonna know stuff if ya don't ask? lol.

Now, if you go to the top of the page, you will see some little grey tabs that say, 'home' 'register' 'settings'... Click on 'settings' then click on the 'edit profile' tab and scroll down to the middle or so and there is a blank spot for your 'signature' phrase. Type what ya want in there and it shows up every time you post. :) Hope that helps. Post lots. :)

Ellie

Sarah in oz
10-12-2001, 02:44 PM
So excited about the new album. Living in Sinapore for the last two years has made me totally Garth starved. I had no idea about it till I logged in and read it hear so PG saves the day once again.

Take care

Sarah

BlueRose
10-13-2001, 10:52 AM
Thanks Brandon!!! For those of us who couldn't make it there, you've made us very happy!!!! :D

Cheryl

Karinda
10-13-2001, 03:11 PM
Thanks for putting the Press Conference on PG. But, I cant get it to work. :( What is the latest version of real player that you need? Because now nothing will work on the version I have now that I used to use all the time. I have version 8.

missy1462
10-14-2001, 01:18 AM
Ellie,
Thank you for answering my question. It's nice people like you who keeps the rest of us from feeling like an idiot all the time.

Missy

Garth Healing
10-14-2001, 01:47 AM
Brandon,

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for making this available for us.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR GREAT COVERAGE OF GARTH. It is very healing to hear his voice & new song.

Cathy

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-14-2001, 01:51 AM
Thanks bunches Brandon & Joyce! Simply excellent! :D

And Brandon ~ Love the Planet's new look :)

CC

AZamy77
10-14-2001, 12:59 PM
Thanks Brandon and Joyce! VERY COOL! :)

Great new look on PG by the way. :)

Now for the song! I like it! Thanks to PG I finally heard it just now! It's got a very catchy tune. I'm already humming b b b baby..wrapped up in you! :)

Great news about the Dr. Pepper commercials and AOL! HAHA He said he was gonna wear AOL's ass out!! He cracks me up!!
That's the greatest thing - hearing Garth joking and sounding happy! That makes me happier than anything! It was so cool when he said, "I've missed the hell out of you guys!" Yowza!! Yeee haaaaaaaaaa! He's back!!! We've missed the hell out of YOU, Garth!!!!!!!

God bless.

Amy :)

Honeybunny31
10-14-2001, 09:49 PM
Yes!!! I got it to work!!

Love the song!! Nice to here GARTH again..

I had to download Real Player. Once I did that it worked.. On the real player site all they show it the Real Player that cost $19.95.
but.............. If you search google, in the search results you will find a link that has the archived Real Players. I got Real Player G2 (its free) and it works great!!!

PEACE ALL,

Lisa

Jules
10-15-2001, 08:19 AM
Karinda,

Just as Honeybunny said - you need the G2 RealPlayer for it to work. You can get it at www.realplayer.com - in the bottom right corner of that page you'll find four links to freeware downloads - the first one is the one you need! On the next page be careful to choose the link for the free version - it's a link called "RealPlayer 8 Basic".... Hope you can find it :)

Betina

PS. If this works this link might take you straight there.... http://huxley.real.com/real/player/player.html?src=011011realhome_1,011011rpchoice_h1&dc=101610151014

versace_girl
10-15-2001, 12:25 PM
thank you thank you thank you brandon for giving me a chance to hear this we dont get alot of garth stuff in the uk i loved the song is it gonna be on his next cd if not where can i get it ANYONEEEEE

Hawk7lte
10-15-2001, 03:00 PM
Got my sound back on (needed to be plugged in differently).

Listened to the link. Kachina, (my little dog), jumped up in my lap, laid down, faced the computer speakers, little ears up full mast, and when it was done - jumped back down.

Gotta love those tones of that man's voice.

Thanks Brandon,
Hawk

Garth_FANtasizer
10-15-2001, 03:12 PM
Aww, Hawk - That is so cute! Kachina has good taste! :)

Garth is soothing to listen to. He's so pleasant and sincere. It comes through loud and clear!

~Ann~

Paula
10-15-2001, 07:52 PM
Listened to the link. Kachina, (my little dog), jumped up in my lap, laid down, faced the computer speakers, little ears up full mast, and when it was done - jumped back down.LOL, Hawk, I could just picture that!:D

Paula

splitzer
10-16-2001, 03:17 PM
I just got back to towne and finally had time to listen to the pc... thank you SO SO SO much, Brandon and Joyce! It cuts off in the middle of discussing the Dr. Pepper endorsement - will the rest ever be available? I wasn't sure if Joyce was saying that she would get the rest to Brandon or if that was all she was able to get... or what. Anyone?

Love to hear Garth happy! Wish I could have been there!

Garth Always,
Danielle