PDA

View Full Version : Press Release from yahoo! very cool...

nelty
10-09-2001, 11:25 AM
Tuesday October 9, 10:30 am Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Capitol Records Nashville

Capitol Records and Garth Brooks Announce Release of Scarecrow
Brooks' First Studio Release in 4 Years in Stores November 13
NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Oct. 9, 2001--Capitol Records and Garth Brooks announced today that Brooks' first studio release in 4 years, Scarecrow, will be released on November 13. The announcement was made at an early morning press conference at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum in downtown Nashville. The first single from the project, ``Wrapped Up In You,'' was delivered simultaneously to all country radio stations nationwide and heard publicly for the first time at 8:30 A.M. (CDT), in the midst of the press conference, which was open to the public.

``At the end of last year I made a commitment to Capitol that I would try to bring them one more album,'' said Brooks. ``This is the result of that effort, a real labor of love, that I'm proud to hold up next to all of our previous releases.''

``I am very pleased to say that Garth has delivered an incredible new project. There is a wide range of great music on this album and everyone is sure to find something they can call a favorite,'' said Mike Dungan, President and CEO of Capitol Records Nashville.

Scarecrow was produced by Allen Reynolds and engineered by Mark Miller. It contains 12 cuts, including ``Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?),'' the duet with George Jones. It also includes ``When You Come Back To Me Again,'' the much-anticipated release from the movie Frequency. As with previous Brooks releases, there will be a Limited First Edition with a different cover and package. All advance orders placed through retail stores and online retailers will be guaranteed a First Edition.

During the press conference it was also announced that Brooks had entered into his first national endorsement deal ever, with Dr Pepper. John Clarke, Dr Pepper chief advertising officer, announced that Brooks will appear in Dr Pepper commercials to kick off a new campaign which will begin in November and continue through 2002. Several of the spots will contain a tag mentioning Scarecrow.

``Having the star power of Garth Brooks behind Dr Pepper is terrific for the brand,'' stated Clarke. ``Garth is a perfect fit for the new advertising campaign, which emphasizes being true to yourself, as well as the spirit of individuality. He is a lifelong Dr Pepper consumer, he comes from the brand's heartland in Oklahoma, and he brings an added dimension to the brand's marketing efforts for the remainder of this year and throughout 2002. Garth will be the catalyst that gets momentum going for Dr Pepper advertising because he believes in the product and he wants to participate in this campaign.''

In addition, Dr Pepper and Kmart are collaborating on a nationwide effort to promote Scarecrow. In-store displays will provide consumers an instantly redeemable rebate for the CD, when they purchase two Dr Pepper 12-packs. The promotion will be in Kmart stores November 11-21.

With the release of Scarecrow, Brooks will also embrace the Internet in a new fashion through a collaboration with America Online, the world's leading interactive services company. AOL Keyword: Garth Brooks is live today and includes all details of the release of Scarecrow, a stream of ``Wrapped Up In You,'' a video library, a selection of exclusive photos, and more. Brooks will record AOL's trademark greetings, ``You've Got Mail,'' ``Welcome'' and ``Goodbye.'' And, he will select his 100 favorite songs for the Garth Brooks station on the new Radio@AOL, coming soon.

In addition, AOL will host Garth in a live chat with fans on November 13 - the day the album is released - at 9:30 P.M. (eastern), which will be preceded by an online listening party for Scarecrow at 8:30 P.M. (eastern).

``We are excited to partner with Garth Brooks and Capitol Records to develop the Internet component of Garth's highly anticipated new release,'' said Kevin Conroy, SVP, Head of AOL Music. ``Our goal is to help bring Garth online in a unique and compelling way and to create meaningful opportunities for AOL members and fans to enjoy his music. Fans can easily find comprehensive information, music, videos and more at their fingertips at the new AOL Keyword: Garth Brooks. We look forward to offering special programming and events leading up to the album's arrival in stores and our exclusive listening party on that day.''

Editor's Note: To obtain a digital file of the album cover artwork, please email your request to Vanessa Davis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen Byrd Public Relations
Karen Byrd, 615/595-1500
sdkarenbyrdpr@home.com
or
Capitol Records Nashville
Vanessa Davis, 615/269-2000
vanessa.davis@emicap.com
or
Nancy Seltzer & Associates
Nancy Seltzer, 323/938-3562
tracylynn7nsa@aol.com
or
Dr Pepper
Philippa Dworkin, 972/673-7691
philippa_dworkin@dpsu.com
or
Dr Pepper
Mike Martin, 972/673-8470
michael_martin@dpsu.com

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/011009/90406_1.html

I bolded the interesting parts.. or to me it is.. ;)

Nelly

Cheryl
10-09-2001, 11:30 AM
Thanks Nelly :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-09-2001, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Nelly! :)

Now I can't wait until Nov. 13th!

I wish all of this was going to be on PG instead of AOL though! :(

~Ann~

splitzer
10-09-2001, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much for posting that, Nelly! I loved reading it... I'm getting so excited now...

And can I mention one more time how cool I think it is that the album is coming out two years to the day since I first met him? I love that. ;)

Garth Always,
Dani

MT4GB
10-09-2001, 11:37 AM
Way to go K-Mart! The only problem with this promotion is I do not like Dr. Pepper and I do not think that Gary can drink it! RATS! Oh well, I can always find someone who likes it and give it to them!

Nancy

nelty
10-09-2001, 11:44 AM
:)

Nelly

splitzer
10-09-2001, 11:44 AM
My roommate and I are addicted to Dr. Pepper. I have been for years, and when I started living with her, she became hooked, too. You should see our apartment. 12 packs and empty cans everywhere. LOL...

I'm totally not kidding, either.. has anyone else noticed the addictiveness of Dr. Pepper? Above and beyond the basic caffeine addiction thing... Dr. Pepper is special. I'm serious - I've met lots of other Dr. Pepper addicts... oh, well, it's pretty much harmless, so whatever.

I'm thrilled that Garth and Dr. Pepper have united. My life makes such perfect sense now. All I need is for Garth to make a guest appearance on the "ER" meets "The XFiles" episode I wrote. I'll write it in if he'll just show up. :)

Garth Always,
Dani

Chris Gaines
10-09-2001, 11:54 AM
me personally.. am QUITE HAPPY about AOL :p

Maybe cause it's the Worlds #1 place on the net!

Why not be home to the Worlds #1 Solo Artist! :)

I work for em.. sorry.. hehhee AOL deserves it :)

Jason

Garthmedic
10-09-2001, 12:01 PM
Right on!

--spud--:)

crazyaboutgb4ever
10-09-2001, 12:13 PM
Thanks Nelly...

November 13 is very special to my family and I cause
that is our beloved Grandma's Birthday and the #13 has always
been our lucky #:) So I am going to be listening that night with
all of his other fans. I've complained about AOL many times but this
is one time I will be thankful to have AOL.
Can't wait till the 13th.

Thanks again Nelly:)

~Anna

Pilgrim
10-09-2001, 01:08 PM
Thanks Nelly:)

Only 12 songs, where 3 of them are previously known??:( That's so damn cheap:(
Makes 9 new songs on the first album in 4 years and the last album for maybe another 4 years. And maybe some of those 9 songs are also songs that has been previously recorded??
He's over the hill.

Jason,
He's not the worlds #1 solo artist.

Brian

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 01:12 PM
Brian,

What are the 3 already known ones?? I know Beer Run and Wrapped up in you...but what is the other one that we already know???

Thanks
Sue ;)

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 01:15 PM
UMMM....do we have to have AOL as a server to join the chat with him on November 13th???? I bet we do :(

Take Care
Sue ;)

Chris Gaines
10-09-2001, 01:18 PM
Brian,

3 are not previously known..

No Songs were ever previously put on an Album of Garths.

jason

Yukongirls
10-09-2001, 01:19 PM
Thanks Nelly!!! :D

L & M

Yukongirls
10-09-2001, 01:22 PM
Jason,

I think Brian is saying we have already heard 3 of the songs on the new CD. (Beer Run, When You Come Back To Me Again, and Wrapped Up In You) But we aren't sure. :)

Darrell
10-09-2001, 01:23 PM
The three songs are

1. Wrapped up in you

2. Beer Run

2. When you come back to me again

WYCBTMA is going to be the last track on the CD. Garth has said before that the last song on an album of his are always his personal favorite :)

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 01:24 PM
OH ya now I know what you mean ;) But really we only knew/know 1 of them WYCBTMA....the other 2 have only been out a very short time...well WUIY has only been out for a matter of hours :)

Take Care
Sue ;)

Pilgrim
10-09-2001, 01:32 PM
Yep L&M:) That's what I meant:)

Who knows?? Maybe there are even more songs on that has been recorded before:(

I was expecting with the time it has taken him, brand new songs.

Anyone have the full tracklist??

brian

fuzzwuzz
10-09-2001, 01:37 PM
Oh wow! If I had AOL I'd be pumped if Garth's voice was the one I heard after signing in everyday..."welcome"... "you've got mail". But one suggestion though, if he could change that "goodbye" to "see ya around!"

And what's this with K-mart!! Ugh!!! Ok. So my Wal*mart store has not been exactly Garth promo friendly lately. Hopefully today they will prove me wrong by having in stock the "Call Me Claus" single. I talked to the distributor the other day and the only thing she could guarantee is that she could order me extra copies IF they carry it. But there is no excuse for how they pulled ALL the Chris Gaines cd's last year. And we only got in 5, count 'em, copies of the new Garth Brooks and the magic of Christmas, and still no sign of George Jones, The Rock. Garth did his part by recording a Wal*mart TV promo for the music department, and this is the thanks he gets?? This fan thanks you Garth!! It means alot to me you did that for me as your fan. I hope I can make it up to you, the shabby treatment my store has given your music lately.

Yukongirls
10-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Last thing we heard from Ty was that Garth cut 2 of his songs as well but were not sure if they made the album.

We don't really care though we just want this new CD. :)

Leanne & Michelle

(who are Wrapped Up In Garth) :D

honky
10-09-2001, 02:15 PM
Yes.. that's very cool :)

Garth is really promoting now :p

Tommy

nelty
10-09-2001, 02:20 PM
Again... You are all very welcome

Just talked to AOL Canada.... takes only a day to do the setup.. hehe... I guess I'm gonna have aol sooner or later.... :)

nelly

Chris Gaines
10-09-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Darrell
Garth has said before that the last song on an album of his are always his personal favorite :) Actually his exact words was "Track #10 was his personal favorite" but other then Sevens and The Hits and Gaines.. the last track was always track 10 :)

Jason

Jude
10-09-2001, 03:40 PM
Thanks for posting. Sorry no AOL for me though.

Jude

Snow
10-09-2001, 04:22 PM
3 Already released songs is a BIT of an exaggeration.

WYCBTM is the only song that isn't new but it hasn't been released before. Beer Run and Wrapped Up in You have JUST been released. I don't see how they can count in the 3 at all. I have not even heard Wrapped up in You yet.

Everyone was very insistant about WYCBTM being on a Garth CD. I know I want it. I love that song and want a copy of it other than what was on the internet.

jstensig
10-09-2001, 04:45 PM
I can only agree Snow.

I don't see either how these 2 songs which has been relased as singles off the album makes it a cheap album.

I'd still have wished for 14 tracks though.:(

Jakob

Paula
10-09-2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Garth_FANtasizer
Thanks, Nelly! :)

Now I can't wait until Nov. 13th!

I wish all of this was going to be on PG instead of AOL though! :(

~Ann~ I have to echo your comment.:( I'm hoping that PG will be able to get a mirror copy of the information available to AOL users for those of us who do not use AOL. I wish any chats would have been made available to all fans and not just those on AOL.:( Barring that, I hope that we will at least be able to get the transcript here at PG once the chat is over.
Way to go K-Mart! The only problem with this promotion is I do not like Dr. Pepper and I do not think that Gary can drink it! RATS! Oh well, I can always find someone who likes it and give it to them!

NancyI don't like Dr. Pepper either, but my boss does...I'll have to buy some for him.;)

Paula