PDA

View Full Version : New Song Will Be A Hit!!!!!!

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 09:36 AM
WOW I LOVE It!!!!! Fantastic Beat :)

What did you guy's think??

Happy in Canada
Sue ;)

SweetGBFan
10-09-2001, 09:54 AM
Okay dont hit me but Im totally disappointed in this song. I hope it grows on me. I like Beer Run so much better. Boy what can I say. I love Garth but I think this song does not sound like Garth and it is just totally pop sounding. Man Im disappointed

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 09:59 AM
That's to bad SweetGB :(

I hope it grows on you :)

Take Care
Sue ;)

NJ4GARTH
10-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Hey All,

I have to say that I loved the beat but I think the music will grow on me. But the good thing is that it is a new song by Garth:)

splitzer
10-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Well, I for one LOVE IT!!!!

Garth Always,
Dani

SweetGBFan
10-09-2001, 10:05 AM
Im actually sitting here with tears in my eyes. I wanted to like this song so much. Ive waited so long to hear it. I know it will probably grow on me, but I have never said what I did about any Garth song. Please forgive me. I love Garth and I know eventually I will love the song, but right now Im just really disappointed.

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 10:08 AM
I think it will be hard for alot of people....It's new right....it will be like any other song....It's Garth It's New and it will grow on us ;)

Take Care
Sue ;)

Hi Tom....Long time now see :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-09-2001, 10:10 AM
I figure it was going to get some criticism either way. It would either be too country or too pop. I quess he can't please everyone all the time.

I think radio will love the song!

~Ann~

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Ummmmm sorry Tom....that should read "long time NO see" *lol*

Take Care
Sue ;)

CheyenneWindRoper
10-09-2001, 10:15 AM
Capt. Morgan and I were rockin' & cyberdancing to it on IM! I can't wait to hear the rest of the album now....this was so upbeat! We need something happy right now and this hit just the right spot for me! :D

:)
Mary Liz

Cheryl
10-09-2001, 10:19 AM
Very upbeat! Totally not what I was expecting, but I like it. It's really great to hear Garth sounding soooooo happy. :)

Sweet....I know how you feel. I remember when Sevens first came out, and the big first single...Longneck Bottle. I was so excited when radio was finally gonna, for the first time, play the new single....announcement was made, the music started, and after all the waiting and anticipation - I hated it. Didn't like it one little bit. So...anyway, just wanted to tell you that I've been where you are now :(

Yukongirls
10-09-2001, 10:20 AM
This song is a hit!!! :D

We love it can't wait to hear it again. We want the Cd NOW. :) hehehe

L & M

loreli
10-09-2001, 10:21 AM
OH WOW !!!!!!!!!!

IT IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO GARTH!!!!!!!

Lori

Pilgrim
10-09-2001, 10:21 AM
Ummm I haven't heard it:o

Brian

wizard2C
10-09-2001, 10:23 AM
Hi!

I have not heard the whole song. But I did hear about 29 seconds of it on a radio site. Perhaps Garth does not really know about Love......I don't know but the words reflect more of a romantic song. Garth portrays it as a lively tune. Oh well, it's just my opinion though. Maybe that's why the title of the CD is Scarecrow. I don't even like the title of the CD.

I don't know, maybe, with all that has happened recently and events as they are now.....my heart is just not in Garth's music. Maybe if I felt better.....his music might sound better. I shouldn't say this....but I feel kinda disappointed. All the hype before and when I heard it I was kinda let down.

Besides, someone still has not returned all my smilies.

Carol
Wizard2C

----------------------------------------

"And it is the Children of Afghanistan that tears at you..........."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

justus
10-09-2001, 10:32 AM
I am thrilled with any new Garth song!! It is a different style than what we are all used to from Garth, so I expect there will be a number who cannot appreciate it.
Adam and I listened to it together...his oxygen levels dropped quite low from holding his breath and laughing so much!!!!!!!
For me, this song brought my baby more joy than he has had in almost a year...I would wait forever knowing I could see Adam so happy!

loreli
10-09-2001, 10:42 AM
OH I HEARD IT AGAIN!!

ITS SO AWESOME!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!

Lori :)

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 10:48 AM
Brian...I am trying desperatly to get it and when I do..you shall be the first to receive it K?? :)

Take Care
Sue ;)

hulahoop
10-09-2001, 10:52 AM
Well ,, I heard Garth's new song ,, and I must say that the man never ceases to amaze me !!!!
It is a totally new Garth and I love the way he sounds ,, very happy and content !! ( sounds to me like he is singing to his girls !! )
I can hardly wait for the CD to arrive on November 13th,, what a great belated birthday gift to me !! ( birthday on October 31st )

Once again Garth has proved that even though he has not been in the limelight for awhile ,, people just don't forget!!! He has a lot of fans from many years back ,, and I am sure he will make a few more with this new release !!!

Take care Garth,, and congrats on a job well done !!!!!

SINCERLY ,,, TAMMY

madam divine1
10-09-2001, 10:57 AM
Lori my sentiments exactly!!! LOVE IT!!!

can't wait to hear it again!! and can't wait for the new CD!!

Tina

jstensig
10-09-2001, 11:01 AM
Dang - I haven't heard it.:(

Only the portion on Countdowntogarth.

Jakob

madam divine1
10-09-2001, 11:04 AM
Lori my sentiments exactly!!! LOVE IT!!!

can't wait to hear it again!! and can't wait for the new CD!!

Tina

Lost 'n' Garth
10-09-2001, 11:09 AM
I like it alot!! It is so different. But that is Garth for ya...

Always something unusual.

Garth has always been in his "own genre" of music..alittle of everything mixed into one. :)

Cheri :)

Garthmedic
10-09-2001, 12:07 PM
--spud--:)

crazyaboutgb4ever
10-09-2001, 12:33 PM
Like it..Love it..
Wanna hear more of it:)

~anna

fuzzwuzz
10-09-2001, 12:42 PM
Paige, your sharing about how the song touched you through Adam touched me more than the song! Thanks! Give that boy of yours a round of applause! :)

Pilgrim
10-09-2001, 12:52 PM
No need to Sue:):)

Don't worry:)

I'll just wait until the CD is released or I catch it on i-net radio sometime:)

Brian

LVGB4EVER
10-09-2001, 01:01 PM
Brian,

You can probably hear it when Brandon puts it up for all of us :)

Take Care
Sue ;)

boppityboo
10-09-2001, 01:34 PM
Oh man! What a great song. I heard it at 8:10 am this morning, the live version as it was sung during the press conference. I guess that's the version everyone else heard to huh? Not the CD version. :) OHMYGARTH! This one I loved immediately, Beer Run pales in comparison with Wrapped Up In You... IMHO. I cannot wait for the whole cd. Garth is AMAZING, again! YOU GO GARTH! Can we say #1? lol.

Ellie

P.S. I LOVE too the new look of PlanetGarth, what a great way to tie-in the new look with Garth's new release. GREAT JOB Brandon!

honky
10-09-2001, 02:35 PM
LOL.. I haven't heard the full version of it except the website's 10 second version.. lol I have to say that this new song is very different than his previous stuff. I guess I have to say that this is I am looking in Garth's new music.. ;)

I want some new country... lol but of course I am not complaining about Beer Run!! It is also very cool.. but I like "Wrapped Up In You" more :)

Tommy

honky
10-09-2001, 03:23 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I just heard the whole song on our station!!

For some reason, there were background noises in the song... is that a live version?? or it's a version that was being played during the conference??

Hmmm... do I think about the new song??? I LIKE IT!! :) I like the beat..

Tommy

SweetGBFan
10-09-2001, 04:55 PM
Okay forget what I posted this morning. I love it!!! I have heard it 4 times today and I liked it better each time! I think both songs are great just each is a little different. My 3 radio stations in this area have been baraged with calls to play the song, when is the CD coming out, they have been discussing the title, its very cool. The man is BAAAAAACK!!!!!! I cant wait to be Garthified over the next couple of months with tv and such. They are getting ready to play the song once again here very soon. I think I will have a heart attack before Nov 13th cant wait!!!

BlueRose
10-09-2001, 04:57 PM
Hmmm...not a popular opinion here I'm sure but I heard it 3 times on my station today and frankly, from what he said about the song before it was released, I was expecting something more along the lines of equally as impacting or more so than "The Dance" or at least "If Tomorrow Never Comes".

Oh well, it does show how happy he is and it's new Garth music! :)

Cheryl

Paula
10-09-2001, 08:04 PM
I've only heard it once and I liked it a lot...more so than Beer Run (I'm still waiting for that one to grow on me). I was expecting a ballad and was surprised to hear an upbeat song. It's a definite #1!!

I read somewhere that the actual song with lyrics was under 3 minutes but there was quite a bit of instrumental playing at the end. As I said, I have only heard it once, but I don't remember a lot of instrumental at the end. Maybe radio cut it off after the lyrics were finished?

Paula

boppityboo
10-09-2001, 09:55 PM
TOMMY,

The first time I heard it this morning on JRFM was the live version from the actual press conference. I heard it again later in the afternoon and they obviously played the cd version. There was no clapping or background comments, very clean, and very awesome. :) I had taped the live version so I could replay it as much as I wanted to and played it for the kids afterschool. I raised them right , lol, they LOVED it also. :) It was perfect, just before I played it for them, I had to turn on the radio and what was playing? Beer Run. lol.
Man, he is sooo back on top.

Ellie

P.S. I can't wait for the video to come out. I saw on ebay someone selling some 4 by 6's of Garth filming the video, not very clear, but definately very cool and intrigueing(sp?) lol.

loreli
10-09-2001, 10:13 PM
I LOVE the instrumentals at the end. I so LOVE my radio station! :D

This is Garth a'la We Shall Be Free. It actually really reminds me of that song. :D It's one of my favorites :D

Lori

Garthfan92
10-09-2001, 10:21 PM
Oh, it WILL be a HUGE hit! I've heard it twice now, and I absolutly LOVE it!! It's so cool having all this new music from Garth. Christmas stuff to Beer Run and Wrapped Up In You, it's all great! Putting me in a much better mood lately too. Just too much going on, and I've not been the easiest person to deal with recently. This is helping A LOT!

Lisa

honky
10-09-2001, 10:41 PM
Our dj in Vancouver played the new single and Beer Run :)

It's so cool that they put the song in our Tuesday Twinspin :)

Ellie,

Yeah.. I noticed that too. In the afternoon, they switched to CD version :)

Tommy

justus
10-10-2001, 08:55 AM
I heard it again! A total of 7 times yesterday! I was very leery about letting Adam listen to it again, but we listened to it together one more time and again, my GarthStarved child was laughing hilariously! He started saying "Ga" Ga" afterwards! (I figure that means "Garth" as he only says that associated with anything Garth) I have no idea how he could be GarthStarved, he watches either Central Park, Ireland and Back or This Is Garth Brooks over and over and over, sometimes the same one for a week solid, and STILL views them as brand new!

Dale...so sweet, I wish you could have seen him! I shared your thoughts with him last night. Amazes me still....

Paige

MDgarthgirl
10-10-2001, 09:56 AM
I think it's awesome.

Especially the part where he changes the words "like a crooner" to "like a lyric"....He READ my mind. That's so perfect.

As far as the style, I think the CG project stretched him far enough so that HIS music was affected. How many times have we heard Garth go "Baa-baaaa-ba-ba-ba-ba-baaa-baaa" ? LOL Thanks, Wayne, for another great song!
It does sound different from his other stuff in lots of ways, but maybe it's not so much Garth changing with the times to fit into whatever Country Music is now...but Garth changing to fit Himself. He's been no stranger to the soul search these past years. And if this is part of what came out of him, something that makes me smile whenever I hear it...more power to him!

And Yay, Garth for making your newest collection a "Happy One", as you called it.

*walks away singing*..."How do I love you, well now...let me see...I luv ya like a lyric loves a melody...Baby, Completely...Wrapped Up In You."

Nash

CheyenneWindRoper
10-10-2001, 10:31 AM
You sound great ~ Maybe the G-Man should have done this as a duet with you! ;)

Sorry I missed you this weekend!!! Oh well, it just gives "you know who" another excuse to throw yet another Pina Colada Patio Party next time! Got Salsa?

:p :) :p
Mary Liz

Faye Edwards
10-10-2001, 03:44 PM
Your radio stations are better than ours. I listen to KSCS here in Fort Worth and they played Wrapped Up In You several times yesterday, then late in the afternoon they did a Make It or Break It phone opinion and the general consensus was to break it, burn it or trash it , just get rid of it. I was just sick over the peoples reaction to it. And our area has always been a big Garth venue. I have had my radio on most of the day and have not heard it today. I called and requested it and the DJ said she would play it but I still haven't heard it. She said it was really different so I guess they want "cookie cutter" songs. I still haven't heard Beer Run.Thank goodness we have other stations and I guess I'll be checking one of them out.

jstensig
10-10-2001, 04:09 PM
I think it's OK - but I highly doubt it'll ever be a big hit.

Garth sounds so different this time....

Jakob

tc
10-10-2001, 04:27 PM
I love the new song! Can't hear enough of it!! tc

annette
10-10-2001, 04:57 PM
I love it. I have had it on continuous play all day. Like someone in another thread earlier said, It sound like he is singing to his girls. I can just see him serenading them, and their beaming faces while they listen. He is so in Love with them and so happy to be part of their everyday lives. He is indeed "Wrapped up" in them and I think that makes the song even better.

:)

Jude
10-10-2001, 05:42 PM
It is different. I like it more each time I hear it.

Jude

Catherine
10-10-2001, 06:04 PM
I am so Garth-starved right now, that I think anything would sound good right now. But even though I haven't heard the whole song yet, I totally, truly LOVE it!! I got chills hearing Garth's voice on something new in I can't remember how long.
Counting down the days until Nov. 13th.

Catherine

fuzzwuzz
10-10-2001, 09:49 PM
Paige, I do see Adam, through your sharing. Thanks! And I'm with him. All the old stuff will ALWAYS be new to me also. I'm wrapped up in those songs, just like the new song says. Please! Don't try to 'rescue' me neither!! "Cause I like it! I love it! I want somw more of it!" Lol! Garth did say he heard quite a few Tim McGraw songs in the ones he picked through. Guess I heard one in Garth's too! Lol!

honky
10-10-2001, 09:55 PM
LOL.. I am looking for diversity in Garth's music.. I like what he is doing right now ;)

Tommy

fuzzwuzz
10-10-2001, 10:19 PM
Tommy! That was spoken like a real Chris Gaines fan! I'm with you!

Constable Fraser
10-10-2001, 10:34 PM
I LOVE this song!! Personally, BEER RUN was the one that took me a little while to get accustomed to.. but, GB is the BEST!! God bless him, his family, and us all.. thank you kindly for your time and patience.. if anyone knows any more about the limited edition and if online is the only way to reserve one.. please write me at constfraser@hotmail.com