PDA

View Full Version : Friends in Low Place on DL

Lost Soul
11-19-1998, 06:37 AM
Ok, nobody get me wrong. I love the CD. Garth is just the man. But one thing that upsets me is that unless I hear it on the radio, I never get to hear GARTH sing the third verse. He did the same thing at the concert I went to. I was kinda hoping he'd put a cut where he sang the verse. Anyone else agree?<br>N

Krash
11-19-1998, 07:11 AM
Hello Lost Soul.......I don't know if I understand your question about the 3rd verse of FILP. Do you mean you wish you could hear Garth sing it by himself instead of letting the crowd sing it? I've heard it both ways! I don't know how long you've been following Garth but back in the early 90's he sang the verse alot, and if you have the This Is Garth Brooks video he sings it there! I guess I just don't understand what you're asking though! I think it's neat how he let't the crowd sing it! You can here him in the background singing along on Double Live!! I don't know if I helped shed any light on this subject, but that's what I'll say about it!! :)N

Lost Soul
11-19-1998, 12:20 PM
What I'm saying is that I wish there was a CD where I could just hear Garth sing it. When I went to the concert, he didn't sing it but had the crowd sing it. He did the same thing on the CD (he wasn't singing, I just relistened to it). It's great that he lets the crowd sing it, the crowd singing along was one of the best parts of the concert. I just want a CD with him and the third verse. That's all.<br>N

kconnor
11-19-1998, 01:52 PM
I do have a copy of what you're talking about. I bought a European release only live cd of his. I don't know if what the background on the cd is. It seems to be a recording of the This Is Garth Brooks special on NBC. He sings the third verse of low places without the crowd participation.N

jaredev
11-19-1998, 04:29 PM
Lost Soul...I totally agree!!!<br>I've thought the exact same thing. It's still cool to have the crowd sing it, but I'd rather have Garth sing it himself...that's what buying an album of an artist is all about.N