PDA

View Full Version : Garth Couldn't Sing With Jones

nelty
10-06-2001, 12:05 AM
Garth tells us that when George Jones accused Garth of ducking him for years, he pleads guilty. Garth says he considers Jones such a huge icon that he did duck him. "I ran from him every time, scared to death of him, I couldn't be in the same room with him," Garth confessed. In fact he says, that same shyness around George made it difficult to sing "Beer Run" with him. "We ended up not singing together on the duet. We tried it with the track and it just didn't work. So he went his way and did his part, then brought it back to us and I did my part and between every take I'm looking over and going 'I'm singing with George Jones, can you believe it? It was really cool."

www.countrystars.com

Nelly

loreli
10-06-2001, 01:16 AM
It's hard to imagine Garth that starstruck, but it's kinda cute :)

Lori

MDgarthgirl
10-06-2001, 02:31 AM
How adorable is that? :) I actually wondered from when I heard of the duet if Garth would believe in himself enough to sing with Mr. Jones in person.

hmm...I hope Garth doesn't think get the impression I think any less of him since I've mustered up the courage to meet him several times. ;)

...Of course, the sweaty palms, tentative eye contact, and almost incoherent words out of my mouth should clue him in that it's not a task I take lightly. :)

Nash

Pilgrim
10-06-2001, 07:30 AM
*LOL* Sounds like Frank Sinatra although I think that was purely an ego thing:o

Brian

PJ
10-06-2001, 08:32 AM
Garth had the same problem when singing with James Taylor, but was finally able to get it out after many practices and a hug from James.

Hawk7lte
10-06-2001, 10:11 PM
Oh, honestly;

now if it was me trying to sing with any of those people - I'd say deserved shyness....

but Garth - now that's just plain ole' silly....

:)
Hawk

Vanessa
10-06-2001, 11:25 PM
That's really adorable and cute to hear :)thanks for sharing :)

Vanessa :)

littlebit
10-07-2001, 03:56 PM
i guess i can understand it.

i've asked for autographs before, but when it comes to Garth or any one in the Stillwater Band i fall to pieces. i couldn't even look Garth in the eye when i spoke with him and he probably did'nt hear much of what i said cos i didn't speak very loud.

absolutely awe-struck :o shameless, but awe-struck

smitten
10-07-2001, 07:53 PM
Littlebit,

I have ofter wondered too what would happen if I ever got the opportunity to meet Garth. Odds on , I would end up babbling incoherently and make a complete ass of myself.
I'd be frozen with awe :)although I would want to thank him for his gifts from the bottom of my heart.

So I guess I can guess how Garth may feel - except for the fact that he is talented and I am not LMAO.

Annette :)

littlebit
10-08-2001, 12:56 PM
Annette,

i got this from a book on Angels it was on a piece of paper stuck in the book.

"Use the talents you have for the forest would be silent if only the best birds sang"

i ain't all that talented either, so yeah, when i do meet someone who is, i get awe struck.

And Garth and Stillwater are a talented bunch of musicians as you can get ;)

so even tho i still make mistakes whether i play music or just screw up in life, i remember this little saying.

keeps me tryin :)

sometimes i wonder what would have happened if i had looked up. But knowing me, i'd have gotten lost in those big beautiful blue eyes of his and wouldn't have been able to say anything. :o