PDA

View Full Version : A little Bit of GB

GBinMyHrt
10-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Garth is on Access Hollywood tonight...he's on the first 15 minutes.

Carmen (Jellybean)

ProducerJ
10-05-2001, 07:38 PM
That's it? No details for us poor folks that either don't get Access Hollywood or have no clue as to when or where it airs? Are you going to make me watch the TV guide channel young lady????????
J.

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
10-05-2001, 07:47 PM
Hey Carmen, lady!!! :)

Nice to see ya' and all :) but I'm with Joyce, here, can't we have just a LITTLE more info than that? :rolleyes:

DeeDee

nelty
10-05-2001, 07:58 PM
AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Access Hollywood just finished for me.... :(:(:(:(:(

Oh well.. just my luck...

Nelly

GBinMyHrt
10-05-2001, 08:10 PM
Oyyyy .....Okay okay...it was about "something." :rolleyes:

ALRIGHT....I'll spill it. They talked about the Freedom Concert in NY to be held Oct 20. They mentioned his song "We Shall Be Free" and they showed a clip from the Central Park Concert where the 'banner' spelling FREEDOM comes down between the Twin Towers. :cool:

I can't recall what else....ya know I recently dyed my hair blonde and I'm just getting used to it. So things are not sinking into the memory center of my whatYouMaCallIt...brain. ;)

HUGz ya'll !! :)
Carmen

Vanessa
10-05-2001, 08:28 PM
thanks for the info about Garth, I'm just sad I missed it :( oh wel..life goes on.. :)

Vanessa :)

Paula
10-05-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GBinMyHrt
ALRIGHT....I'll spill it. They talked about the Freedom Concert in NY to be held Oct 20So, did they say he was participating???

Paula

GBinMyHrt
10-05-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Paula
So, did they say he was participating???
Paula

<scratching head> I can't say for sure :o. That's when the kids ran in yelling, "GARTH IS ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I couldn't hear what he said.

Carmen

misslucy777
10-05-2001, 11:02 PM
Did you see the ring on Garth's left hand? Did he get married???

Garthfan92
10-05-2001, 11:08 PM
WHAT????? You sure it was his LEFT hand? How could I have missed that? If anything, I would think it might mean good news for him and Sandy. He's always been pretty open about his personal life, and I can't imagine not knowing about a new relationship that serious.

Lisa

MT4GB
10-05-2001, 11:26 PM
Oh my! The waiting for the press conference and the doctor appointment is driving me nuts! Now a possible sighting of a ring on his left hand! Okay think positive here! There will be good news for Garth and all of us garthnutts!

Nancy

GBinMyHrt
10-05-2001, 11:27 PM
That's old clips where he has the ring.

Carmen

MT4GB
10-05-2001, 11:31 PM
Carmen thanks for the info on the ring! That makes sense! You have to excuse me here-major brain problems-lack of sleep, too much stress and Gary and I not feeling well!

Nancy

Crackers
10-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Speaking of rings........didn't he get a ring from the Mets? So, if it wasn't an old clip, it could have been the Mets ring.

Garthfan92
10-06-2001, 12:31 AM
Ok, we've started more of the speculation here. I just posted my raw, initial reaction at first. Probably shouldn't have. Since I hadn't caught it myself when I watched it, I shouldn't have even assumed it was the new clips. Even if it wasn't old clips, it could even have had to do with the new video. His character in it could be married. Anyway, lets just remember that Garth always lets us know what's going on when he's ready. If there's something to it, he'll let us know when the time is right.

Lisa

GBinMyHrt
10-06-2001, 08:37 AM
I just got to see the video tape of Access Hollywood...without the KIDS yelling "It's Garth!!"

There was NOTHING said about the NY Freedom concert for Oct 20. Nancy O'Dell said Garth was gonna have a press conference Tuesday. Then they cut to Garth and what he said was, "We are going to have a ceremony recognizing what happened in our world last month." Then Nancy goes on to say his next single will be unveiled .... then they talk about We Shall Be Free and the Freedom banner from the towers. That's all.

Carmen

GBinMyHrt
10-06-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Paula
So, did they say he was participating???
Paula

http://www.tennessean.com/celebrities/

The country concert is getting GIGANTIC!

The big Country Freedom Concert is getting bigger.

You know already that Alan Jackson, George Strait, Brooks & Dunn and Martina McBride are playing the Oct. 21 show at Gaylord Entertainment Center.

Since we last chatted, Clint Black, Vince Gill, Lee Ann Womack and Lonestar have been added to the bill.

HOLY SMOKES, FOLKS! This is big doings. Hot stuff. Really big shoe. A-list concert. A collection of the biggest bananas around.

And yet, there's the Garth question. Will Garth Brooks, the largest of the big bananas, Le GRANDE Banana, do the big show?

Negative. Garth has family obligations that preclude his involvement in the show. He's also skipping the star-studded Concert for New York the night before.

Tickets likely will go on sale for the Country Freedom Concert at the end of next week.

Yes, the floor seats will be super-expensive, but organizers plan to sell 300-level seats for $25 so everyone can afford to come.

The show, which benefits the Salvation Army's disaster relief fund, now is three hours, and it'll be cablecast live on CMT from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 21.

Finally, and most importantly, hot dogs WILL be sold at the show.

God bless America.

Paula
10-06-2001, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Carmen. It sounds like it's going to be a great show! Unfortunately, I don't get CMT so I won't even get to see the televised version.:(

Paula